How much of Glory is still worth listening to?

From the fan-perspective I do enjoy listen to it because, one, it's her newest work so it doesn't feel as wasted as if I heard ITZ, Oops or Baby and second because her input in the album is great, specially after the BJ mess. It was a good direction of what her involvement should be like in the making of her music. It's a good and enjoyable pop album. :cardi:

From a non-fan perspective, you need to be into pop music in general, specially to deal with the simple lyrics, monotonous sound and with 80% of her falsetto & smooth nasal vocals. Maybe the only factor that could encourage some of the GP to keep on listening to Glory (in a long or short run) is the fact that there are like a thousand of other similar songs in the pop music given the album as an overrall is a trend chaser album so that could encourge some people to think or say: ok, this sounds good. :ehum:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, Godney's Sweet *** said:

A solid album but Better/Love Me Down should've been singles after Make Me. 

The album felt coherent to me, but not enough "wow that's a #1 hit single" tracks included. 

Better, Change Your Mind, and Love Me Down are all easily radio smashes, with great streaming potential. Comparing the album to an album like Circus or BJ, it’s definitely more coherent and has better songs in general 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:46 AM, dark_wolf said:

I totally respect your opinion for Blackout. I feel the same for ITZ, I don't know why people say it's one of B's best albums.
Tbh, it's my least fave album, and like you said, "I just do not understand the love for it". I only love 4 songs (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow & Everytime) & that's it.

Lack of respect for “showdown” is very apparent. 

It’s a great album. Her vocals are the best we have had in a long time. It was way too much of a Selena influenced album and kinda messy at points, but overall it is a great album. Some of the songs should’ve been left out or reworked because it feels like a b-sides album at times with how random the moods are. 

Archived