The plot thickens. Britney's dad: 'Our relationship has always been strained'

JustWendy

Britney Spears’ Dad Jamie Admits Their ‘Relationship Has Always Been Strained’

Britney-Spears-Father-Jamie-relationship-strained

Britney Spears’ dad, Jamie Spears, took the stand during a court hearing on Thursday, June 13, that ended with the judge granting the pop star a five-year restraining order against Sam Lutfi, the man who claimed to be her manager in 2007 and 2008.

During Jamie’s testimony, Lutfi’s attorney, Marc Gans, asked the 66-year-old about the status of his relationship with Britney, 37, prior to becoming her conservator in February 2008. “Me and my daughter’s relationship has always been strained,” Jamie responded.

When Gans pressed further and asked Jamie whether he had “little to no” relationship with his eldest daughter before the conservatorship was initiated, one of Britney’s attorneys objected and stated that the question was beyond the scope of the proceeding.

Whole piece: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-dad-admits-relationship-has-always-been-strained/

thoughts? :idkney:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't surprise me. Growing up with a alcoholic dad means that she has seen and heard stuff that kids obviously shouldn't be a witness to in their childhood, so no wonder why she grew up feeling much more closer to her mom than her dad (I've noticed that she always gives credit to her mom in interviews from her prime when asked about family, never her dad, so that's telling). And she called him an ******* in FTR, lol..

Just now, Hestia said:

this is good for your #freebritney movement right? yay?:tiffanynod:

what do you mean MY freebritney movement? Those fans annoy the **** out of me and I am not a part of that.  I want Britney to have a CHANCE at freedom if doctors ok it. Im not sitting here making up conspiracies and believing every tiny thing I read or hear.

4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

what do you mean MY freebritney movement? Those fans annoy the **** out of me and I am not a part of that.  I want Britney to have a CHANCE at freedom if doctors ok it. Im not sitting here making up conspiracies and believing every tiny thing I read or hear.

OK I'm actually on your side as well. So refreshing to read an opinion like yours on here. I salute you. :ririshade2:

1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

Im the one who is always "spreading hate" but whose positive threads are constantly IGNORED.  :janet:

the fact they subtly troll her every move and saying "omg yassss skinny as a needle queen"  "omg stable queen"

thats even more disrespectful.

and dont get me started on the mental health issue deniers.

22 minutes ago, Sparks said:

That doesn't surprise me. Growing up with a alcoholic dad means that she has seen and heard stuff that kids obviously shouldn't be a witness to in their childhood, so no wonder why she grew up feeling much more closer to her mom than her dad (I've noticed that she always gives credit to her mom in interviews from her prime when asked about family, never her dad, so that's telling). And she called him an ******* in FTR, lol..

This, exactly. I grew up with an alcoholic parent (who ended up dying because of it when I was 16) and I still resent so much about it, even 13 years later. It’s completely plausible that Britney would feel the same way.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Not to mention she agreed to do an interview for that Adrian guy’s (Drive me crazy movie) documentary (I think the subject was about fathers?) but she let out a lot of stuff apparently. It was cut I think but he said it’s that n the bonus features. 

Also, I think that’s where her performing and charm stems from. She probably tried to entertain or cheer up her mom so she wouldn’t stop crying. She is a pleaser and is probably why she gets taken advantage a lot.

44 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Not to mention she agreed to do an interview for that Adrian guy’s (Drive me crazy movie) documentary (I think the subject was about fathers?) but she let out a lot of stuff apparently. It was cut I think but he said it’s that n the bonus features. 

Also, I think that’s where her performing and charm stems from. She probably tried to entertain or cheer up her mom so she wouldn’t stop crying. She is a pleaser and is probably why she gets taken advantage a lot.

Adrien Grenier? can you tell me the name of this doc? i wanna watch it

edit-- it's shot in the dark.

Archived