Please don’t stan Britney anymore

xkhingx

1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

I get What you are saying about the Glory era, but most of the criticism was valid.

This is true.  Her team restricted her artistic autonomy.  That is simply a justified problem her fanbase has with her team.

Even if people now dislike the 'can of worms' the Britney's Gram podcasters opened with that paralegal episode, the one thing they correctly inferred is that her team constricted her autonomy

1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

I get What you are saying about the Glory era, but most of the criticism was valid.

with that being said, it is hard to navigate what and here want. I just checked her haircut video and there were so many bad comments, amidst the bad ones.

When she deserves criticism we should give it to her constructively, but, hating on hr for posting sorry videoes is weird. She’s literally been like this always (these are not my ***** they’re my knees!!! Remember that vid) Seriously so many people need to grt over themselves. When she was away for months people complained there weren’t posts, now some people complain about every post she makes.. No wonder Britney has stopped being as passionate about the craft of art as people complain and whine all the time. There is no inner nor xternal motivation. 

1 hour ago, PieceofBritney said:

When I read some comments I feel scared for all celebrities. There are people suggesting her to do her make up this way or that way. Point out her natural progression of aging. And always point out her weight regardless of being too much or not enough.

Britney has distanced herself from trying to stay "perfect" but other ones who has forced themselves to live up to people's expectations of hollywood stars the future is going to be very dark, mentally. Imagine how a normal person like me would feel bad at his reflection getting old and multiply it by thousands...I can't imagine facing pain of falling apart in front of millions without any control! 

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

you should be worried about the insta comments on her posts, those are not us exhalers and it's really sad to read. and I wonder if this is really the right time for her/her team to keep posting pointless videos. I guess it's just me that thinks it's not really the right time for exposure, to prove something to fans/media that everything is okay, that she owns her social media account and stuff. a pic here and there is fine but we as fans have to acknowledge what's behind of those things going on. and she's really on a rant about things that most of the general public/casual fans don't get and that's why the mean comments about her menatl health are coming hard. 

and it all started with that post about sam lutfi. who tf is sam lutfi and why adress him, no one knows about him unless you're an exhaler.. her active fanbase that knows him is really small atm. i guess they needed an enemy than just go and address the freebritney

Yes, this ridiculousness of fan comments on social media is totally unacceptable.  To be fair, she is not the only celeb who has to deal with this nonsense.  Look at Justin Bieber and his fans criticizing his wife all the time.  That is nightmarish.  Even P!nk said recently she's done posting pics about her kids on social media because of 'nasty' and 'hateful comments'.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8507994/pink-wont-post-about-her-kids-social-media-attacks

Criticizing her looks or 'aging' is also wrong, and technically I'm guilty of it too (But not to the point of bullying on social media)  I just wish she wasn't in the public eye so much post 2008 but its water under the bridge.

It's absolutely wrong for people that hadn't paid attention to her for a while or weren't fans of hers until recently or were fans of hers when she was a teen to come back all of a sudden and scrutinize her for whatever reason.

This is the downfall of social media: giving a platform for people to live vicariously through other people by scrutinizing what doesn't fit their expectations.

If necessary Her team should disable the comments or perhaps even announce a social media break.  She shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense. 

And she wouldn't be alone in taking control over this; like I said its not just the younger stars like Justin Bieber Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez dealing with this but P!nk getting 'nasty'/ 'mean spirited' comments about her parenting/kids.

https://people.com/parents/pink-wont-post-about-her-kids-on-social-media-anymore/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Why are some people confused?  The fanbase is not coming for BRITNEY, it is coming for TEAM Britney. 

You guys are coming for her recent posts. Saying that she’s dissing you and that she’s fat and that everything she says is fake. You’re feeling hurt. Abandoned. Etc.

• Super Mods

I got notifications about people commenting in this thread, even though I hadn't commented in it (until now)...

GloriousMadeupCaudata-small.gif

Did this happen to anyone else?

5 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

What the hell is wrong with this fanbase in general, is my question.

This question deserves to be a Netflix documentary :badthoughts:

5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Why are some people confused?  The fanbase is not coming for BRITNEY, it is coming for TEAM Britney. 

I mean yeah, people have been coming for team B. But this particular thread is about the ridiculous commentary on here about what she posts. 

OP is 100% right. This fan base is NEVER HAPPY. Britney never does anything right according to this site, even just posting videos looking somewhat unkempt (no surprises, none of us look any better walking around our homes when we’ve got nothing to do), she’s branded as crazy, mentally unfit blah blah blah. 

Thats the problem with a lot of the Britney Army. They can’t accept that Britney now is not like Britney of the 00’s. She’s a woman in her late 30’s with two teenage boys who’s conquered the world twice over (slay circus comeback) and now she’s just wants to live and it’s never enough for her fans. 

Come for her team all you want, but this is separate to that. Can’t be commenting on how her hair looks, her weight, her weekly nose jobs ffs and say it’s because we’re coming for team B. This fan base comes for Britney all the time. 

20 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I mean yeah, people have been coming for team B. But this particular thread is about the ridiculous commentary on here about what she posts. 

OP is 100% right. This fan base is NEVER HAPPY. Britney never does anything right according to this site, even just posting videos looking somewhat unkempt (no surprises, none of us look any better walking around our homes when we’ve got nothing to do), she’s branded as crazy, mentally unfit blah blah blah. 

Thats the problem with a lot of the Britney Army. They can’t accept that Britney now is not like Britney of the 00’s. She’s a woman in her late 30’s with two teenage boys who’s conquered the world twice over (slay circus comeback) and now she’s just wants to live and it’s never enough for her fans. 

Come for her team all you want, but this is separate to that. Can’t be commenting on how her hair looks, her weight, her weekly nose jobs ffs and say it’s because we’re coming for team B. This fan base comes for Britney all the time. 

What’s funny is this is how she’s always been. Any documentary or “Britney special”.... she’s always in raccoon eyes and a messy bun. It’s just who she is.

Finally someone with brain! Good thread! 

Britney has always been like this and personally this is one of the reason I love her so much. She isn’t fake, she is just herself. If you like fake celebs with their fake pics full of filters go and stan them. Who cares 

I think a lot of people are just confused and worried (not the ******** who called her fat in the miami thread)

Since 2007 her fans seem to look waay too close into everything she does and look for potential hints and problems everywhere. So if she does anything that they wouldnt do they think its alarming and get worried. (Britney has a red spot on her shoes - OMG MISCARRIAGE, Britney has red lipstic test stipes on her arm - OMG IS SHE CUTTING HERSELF?)

Tbh I think her videos are cringy as hell and make her look bad but I wouldnt try to analyze her mental health because of them. Some people here think they know everything and think they know the true Britney and because of that they think that they know what her mental state in those videos is like. I dont think anyone here is actively trying to be mean I think they are terrified of Britney ruining her chance at a Cship release or a 2007 repeat. So anything that they dont like, no matter how small, seems like a threat to them.

1 hour ago, colormefresh said:

What’s funny is this is how she’s always been. Any documentary or “Britney special”.... she’s always in raccoon eyes and a messy bun. It’s just who she is.

Exactly. We all like to forget the Kfed days (myself included) but girl was out barefoot and looking like a hot mess back then. 

She clearly yearns for some normalcy in her otherwise very unusual world, and if not having to be poked, prodded and slathered with makeup is what gives her a sense of some control within her world, I get that. Not to mention, just because she’s a permanent A lister doesn’t mean she has to be totally false and wanky about it like other pop stars who prefer to portray themselves as royalty  

Personally, I kinda love her messiness at home. It’s too relatable. 

9 hours ago, xkhingx said:

Because if you claim to be a fan of someone than you’re not supposed to hate on everything that this person does.Britney can literally post a photo of scenery and y’all will be like “omg that post was so weird,omg she is unstable”

like shut the **** up.That’s the Britney we all know and love.She has always been cringy and dorky.It’s not something new or something because of her mental issues(if she even has any considering she hasn’t been diagnosed).

anyway my point is that y’all were complaining when she wasn’t posting,now y’all are complaining because she is posting like come on guys,decide what you want and then come to Exhale.

Right i saw someone saying some foul *** **** like maybe she does need to be in a conservatorship and forced to take meds and this person calls themselves a fan I’d love to have a moment alone with that person 

There’s a difference between dorky/quirky and unstable though. I personally don’t think she’s unstable, especially when compared to 2007/08 and even during the Femme Fatale era, but I can see why some people could think that.

Whilst I agree that some fans on here rip her to shreds, which is disgusting, whenever I question her mental health, it’s from a place of concern and love for Britney as a person. I would hope that’s the same for most people on here. I lived through 2007. I used to get up early every morning before school so I could check that Britney was still actually alive. That’s how concerned I was. I’m sure most people who lived through that like me don’t want to go back to having to do that.

10 hours ago, xkhingx said:

Because if you claim to be a fan of someone than you’re not supposed to hate on everything that this person does.Britney can literally post a photo of scenery and y’all will be like “omg that post was so weird,omg she is unstable”

like shut the **** up.That’s the Britney we all know and love.She has always been cringy and dorky.It’s not something new or something because of her mental issues(if she even has any considering she hasn’t been diagnosed).

anyway my point is that y’all were complaining when she wasn’t posting,now y’all are complaining because she is posting like come on guys,decide what you want and then come to Exhale.

10 hours ago, xkhingx said:

I havent posted on here in weeks. I agree that the fanbase is too dramatic and complaining about everything. BUT this whole posting spree is strange. There's something off about it and it's just Brit being Cringy. There's also a HUGE dismissive attitude from her side/post to the fanbase, the freebrit movement to the people that actually care about her and make her who she is. Britney is no one without her fanbase. She's just a girl from the south. 

And you cannot be surprised that some fans find what is happening now offensive when they care so much for her and put so much effort into her wellbeing and they shown complete disregard. 

I am personely just taking distance, this is emotionally draining. i get she cant speak but there are ways she can show some love for the fans like they do for her and not the opposite. Unless something clears up with the whole mess. And i am sorry she does owe us this for the millions she has gathered, for the people who mobilised and protested for her wellbeing and defended her for years. we do deserve an explanation. 

If she just releases music and keeps on going as if nothing happened and even posts dismissive stuff about the fans then that the end of her. 

What you also need to keep in mind is that this fanbase has endured A LOT, and stood by Britney through a lot. Very few fanbases would exhibit the patience that we all have against her team’s non-transparency and blatant disregard for the truth and the hard-earned money spent on albums (some of which she obviously had minimal presence on.) and shows. Stanning Britney Spears is essentially stanning her as an artist and not just a person, and I could argue we haven’t been offered much in that regard. However, I do agree that hating on what is basically her personality is getting really old and frustrating. Seeing her on instagram has made me happy for her because she’s doing her, and that’s really all I could ask of her. I don’t care about Britney, the artist, anymore. I just want her to be happy. But you can’t expect everyone else to feel the same way

4 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

It's time for EVERYONE TO ACCEPT THIS.  In truth the recent instagram vids aren't much different than a clip she posted last year like this where she pranks one of her kids:

She has mostly the same make-up/styling but comes across as totally normal.  People need to leave her alone.

4 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

This is really a terrible consequence of social media in general. 

Look what they're doing to Justin Bieber (and his wife), from a younger generation, or P!nk from her generation.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/hailey-baldwin-says-shes-frustrated-by-husband-justin-biebers-possessive-fans-on-social-media

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/justin-bieber-has-fiery-response-to-troll-claiming-he-married-hailey-baldwin-to-get-back-at-selena-gomez

People here probably don't care for her but what Selena Gomez said this week about social media has truth.

One could make the case that SOCIAL MEDIA IS A DOWNFALL OF SOCIETY on some (but not every) level.

53 minutes ago, dropletsoftime said:

What you also need to keep in mind is that this fanbase has endured A LOT, and stood by Britney through a lot. Very few fanbases would exhibit the patience that we all have against her team’s non-transparency and blatant disregard for the truth and the hard-earned money spent on albums (some of which she obviously had minimal presence on.) and shows. Stanning Britney Spears is essentially stanning her as an artist and not just a person, and I could argue we haven’t been offered much in that regard. However, I do agree that hating on what is basically her personality is getting really old and frustrating. Seeing her on instagram has made me happy for her because she’s doing her, and that’s really all I could ask of her. I don’t care about Britney, the artist, anymore. I just want her to be happy. But you can’t expect everyone else to feel the same way

This is the biggest problem: Larry's lack of transparency despite so many changes for Britney over the years.

Britney DOESN'T OWE THE MEDIA ANYTHING AND OBVIOUSLY HATES THE MEDIA, but her team unquestionably limits her artistic autonomy over the years (Make Me Video) and they expect her to keep her fanbase?

I think there is definitely truth to this article from The Blast:

https://theblast.com/britney-spears-team-not-overworked-conservatorship-hearing/

"Our sources involved in Spears' Las Vegas deal tell us at the end of last year, Britney began calling her team and expressing the desire to do another residency. As one source put it, "Britney goes all or nothing when it comes to business, and this was all in." We're told a discussion was had amongst Spears' advisors, including her father Jamie Spears, about whether she was healthy enough to take up such an enormous responsibility.

We're told, at the time, everyone felt she was absolutely ready. We're told Spears' longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, began negotiations to get her the best deal in Sin City, and ended up locking down a contract that was more lucrative than her initial run for 2017's "Britney: Piece of Me." Over the last few months, several radical Spears' fan groups have floated the theory that she is forced to work to line the pockets of her team, but we're told the accusation is completely false.

We're told Spears' team felt she was completely "functioning and stable" during the initial days of her "Domination" residency, but unfortunately her stability declined and her medication was switched up and she took a turn for the worse. Along with the constant change of medication cocktails, we are told the stress of her father's illness created a "perfect storm" of chaos that landed the singer in a treatment facility. We're told the main point from her team is that Spears is extremely wealthy and powerful, and can choose when and how hard she wants to work."

https://theblast.com/46205/britney-spears-team-says-she-makes-her-own-work-decisions-and-fi

Here's the big problem:  RESTRICTING HER ARTISTIC AUTONOMY!!!!  The conservatorship has been in place for a while and it is arguably detrimental to all of a sudden interrupt her life after a decade, (although there is now an investigation) but then they still go ahead and restrict her artistic autonomy.

Archived