Jump to content

This Day In Pop: Britney Spears Injures Her Knee Filming “Outrageous” (June 8, 2004)


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

Urghh what a day. It really did have a great impact on Britney’s performance skills ‘cause quite clearly she has never danced quite the same again. 

are you sure? after this accident she went through a lot of bad things and she was back to perform only in 2008

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

are you sure? after this accident she went through a lot of bad things and she was back to perform only in 2008

I hear you but Britney did perform before then as she had The M+M’s Tour in 2017 as well as the infamous Gimme More VMA performance. 
 

Britney’s dancing has never been the same since 2004 when she had her accident - that is a fact. A lot has happened to her since but still this was a contributing factor I reckon. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

I hear you but Britney did perform before then as she had The M+M’s Tour in 2017 as well as the infamous Gimme More VMA performance. 
 

Britney’s dancing has never been the same since 2004 when she had her accident - that is a fact. A lot has happened to her since but still this was a contributing factor I reckon. 

but M+M tour and Gimme More VMA performance were in the middle of her 2007 breackdown, so she wasn't in her best condition psychological

Link to comment

See I really don’t think the knee injury was the beginning of the end for her. I think her attitude towards her career at that point in time was part of the problem combined with meeting Kevin. She seemed completely over being in the spotlight 24/7 and working round the clock, it’s obvious if you’ve ever watched Chaotic. She was unhappy with not having time to live a life. She met Kevin and wanted to go off with him and get married and settle down, live some sort of normalcy and the knee injury was a unfortunate coincidence that opened up the opportunity for her to do this.

If she hadn’t met Kevin, or someone she really liked during this period, I feel her attitude would have maybe been slightly different. I think she would have maybe recovered from the injury, got some physio therapy and trained hard to get back to some sort of good dancing shape ASAP. That just didn’t happen though.

Lets not sugarcoat it folks, meeting Kevin is what really changed the course of her career and her life thereafter.

  • Love 3
  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

See I really don’t think the knee injury was the beginning of the end for her. I think her attitude towards her career at that point in time was part of the problem combined with meeting Kevin. She seemed completely over being in the spotlight 24/7 and working round the clock, it’s obvious if you’ve ever watched Chaotic. She was unhappy with not having time to live a life. She met Kevin and wanted to go off with him and get married and settle down, live some sort of normalcy and the knee injury was a unfortunate coincidence that opened up the opportunity for her to do this.

If she hadn’t met Kevin, or someone she really liked during this period, I feel her attitude would have maybe been slightly different. I think she would have maybe recovered from the injury, got some physio therapy and trained hard to get back to some sort of good dancing shape ASAP. That just didn’t happen though.

Lets not sugarcoat it folks, meeting Kevin is what really changed the course of her career and her life thereafter.

i agree 100% with you, that loser ruined her work attitude

  • Love 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 6/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, JordanMiller said:

This Day In Pop: Britney Spears injured her knee while filming the video for “Outrageous” on June 8, 2004.

Some consider it the beginning of the end, but however you decide to interpret it, Britney Spears’ knee injury on-set of her music video for “Outrageous” 15-years ago changed the trajectory of the pop titan’s performance offerings for good. It’s a sore subject for all of the B Army, but an important component in understanding one of the many reasons why she does not perform as she did in the past. For our latest installment of This Day In Pop, BreatheHeavy is revisiting the summer night when the singer took to the streets of Queens, New York to film the clip to the hip-hop-charged track and seemingly put a nail in the coffin to the promotional trail for 2003’s In The Zone.

Read the full story here:

knee.jpg.b2eef0ed6eddb83a16bcf110b7bfb582.jpg

Worst day in history of pop music. 

I could never imagined at that time how much her knee injury would have changed things. It literally shaped her personal life and her performing skills. 

If I could turn back time, I would do anything not to let this happen, I swear. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 11 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, OnlyFacts said:

In hindsight, it’s probably a good thing this video was not released. I could see people saying she was culturally appropriating here, ya know? Still, such a sad day to remember. ☹️

Lol Madonna dressed as a geisha an entire era and Christina went through a whole black phase during the Stripped era, but people was going to complain about Britney in basketball clothes? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block