Realistically, when do you think she'll be back music wise??

jonloch1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nonoiseplz said:

Glory was as artistic as Femme Fatale, a trend following pop album. After the disastrously produced 'Britney Jean' , Britney returning  with nicely produced trendy pop music was a step forward... from Britney Jean.  Take away 'Britney Jean' and Glory only sounds like a nice successor to Femme Fatale. Dancing wise, the POM residency is what pushed Britney to perform better. Constantly performing for 2 years during the POM residency kept Britney in high performance mode when 2016 rolled around for the Glory/ more POM promo performances.

What Glory didn't do was pick up Where Blackout/In The Zone left off.

I kind of disagree - yes, they both followed the trends, but with Glory we had way more vocal-ney than on FF, and so she sounded more present and involved. It was definitely super refreshing after BJ and FF. And I feel like it was better than Circus too, in that it wasn't so focused on being 'fun' and 'bubblegum' ish. if you know what I mean. but I know people on here love circus. 

I agree with you in that I don't want music if she's not out of the c-ship. it's getting ridiculous how we don't know what is Britney, what is label, what is team, what is Jamie, all the restrictions etc.....it's damaging to her as an artist and I'm over it. that being said, I don't want her performing under the c-ship either. it makes me sick. 

I would say it’s optimistic to think about a single late this year, but not out of the question. But I think realistically we can hope for a new album era project sometime mid/late next year. I wonder if she’s been writing or recording recently. I wonder what she thinks about and her creative process. :thinkney:   

8 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Glory was as artistic as Femme Fatale, a trend following pop album. After the disastrously produced 'Britney Jean' , Britney returning  with nicely produced trendy pop music was a step forward... from Britney Jean.  Take away 'Britney Jean' and Glory only sounds like a nice successor to Femme Fatale. Dancing wise, the POM residency is what pushed Britney to perform better. Constantly performing for 2 years during the POM residency kept Britney in high performance mode when 2016 rolled around for the Glory/ more POM promo performances.

What Glory didn't do was pick up Where Blackout/In The Zone left off.

They’re both on-trend pop albums but the similarities end there, imo.

Until BJ came along, FF was the only Britney album I didn’t feel some kind of emotional connection to and it took me years to figure out why. It’s missing that unique, kooky spin Britney can put on a song when she’s involved in the creation of the music. Blackout has it, even Circus has it. Femme Fatale is a perfectly produced, banger of an album but it’s missing personality. Glory has that in spade loads.

Realistically, I think in 2020 we'll have a new album from her. 

Normally she'll get free from the C-ship in September, so that means that she will have to build a whole new team, so it's going to take a few months to put everything in place.

Then it'll take her few months to record some music, so somewhere in 2020. :bwink:

As soon as her team finishes up with the hologram setup; as soon as all that is done; well get: Britney eternal.

oh gosh I really hope they stop marketing her as this 90s popstar full of GH songs. deep inside i still wanna believe she's an artist not just someone who's living by the past and performing old hits in vegas. guess we'll have to wait and see what she's about to do.

Archived