Christina was asked about #FreeBritney

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah thats what makes it so obvious that she doesnt know whats going on lol. :selenerz:

I wonder if a tiny piece of her dies a little every time she gets asked about Britney. Its so weird. During B2B she rarely got asked about her and between 2010 and 2016 she only got asked twice and thats when Britney joined Xfactor. I wonder if her team or interviewers saw how much attention the clips got of her last year when she fist got asked about Britney during carpool karaoke and that kind of incentivised them to ask more. Its so random. She got asked about Britney at least 15 times last year and the only time it really made sense was when Christina came to Vegas.

I think she is just not happy with Britney question and she tries to skip it, so that's why she doesn't mention anything about #freebritney + the interviewer doesn't ask her about it openly, so why bring it up? 

But she at least heard of it, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

It wasnt. It was a bunch of idiots on the internet making up **** about her in a time where she was going through a divorce, while being attacked by Gaga fans and being sick almost the entire time she promoted.

It'd be OK if her Bionic era wasn't SO Lady Gaga...c'mon she obviously did all of this for extra promo (and failed nevertheless :queenie:)

Bionic is still a great album tho and didn't deserve the flop it got.

hahahaha SHE KEEPS PUSHING FOR A COLLABORATION :ehidk::ehidk::ehidk:

Christina wants to collaborate with Britney;
Brit wants to collaborate with Justin Timberlake; 
Justin wants to collaborate with NOBODY cause he is an egocentric **** :tehe:
Its the circle of life

7 minutes ago, Barajas said:

hahahaha SHE KEEPS PUSHING FOR A COLLABORATION :ehidk::ehidk::ehidk:

Christina wants to collaborate with Britney;
Brit wants to collaborate with Justin Timberlake; 
Justin wants to collaborate with NOBODY cause he is an egocentric **** :tehe:
Its the circle of life

I think she never really cared but then she really enjoyed meeting up with Pink, sorting out past issues, bonding over being a mom and their past and making music together. Christina always said that collabs were her favorite thing when making music.

1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

Christina has seemed depressed for like a decade. Her eyes seem sad. Idk.

This business seems so bleak.

I mean she said in 2002 that she suffers from depression. She had to see a psychologist when she was in highschool acording to her mom. So she might be depressed. I feel like she hasnt looked this happy since her Back to Basics era lol.

13 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

She’s probably really tired of being asked about Britney all of the time. That’s all people want to know about with Xtina. I wonder if they’re still friends. 

I dont think they have seen each other since 2003 VMAs tbh. They sent each other baby and wedding gifts and letters back and forth but I think its morea a nostalgia and mutual respect. Christina said last year that she would like to work with BRitney "if her team lets her" so maybe she tried to reach out and Britney or her team said no thanks. We will probably never know. I just really want one backstage picture of them together. That would make my day.

She wasn't in the least bit asked about #freebritney. The interviewer asked if she was excited about Britney possibly being back in Vegas and she answered that question nicely. Was she supposed to side step the question and discuss "everything Britney's going through"? She wasn't asked her thoughts on it.

7 minutes ago, .: lucky :. said:

She wasn't in the least bit asked about #freebritney. The interviewer asked if she was excited about Britney possibly being back in Vegas and she answered that question nicely. Was she supposed to side step the question and discuss "everything Britney's going through"? She wasn't asked her thoughts on it.

she literally says "WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE IS GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW AND HAVING TO PUT HER RESIDENCY ON HOLD.."

what do you think that is about? She wanted to indirectly ask her about it without being too obvious. She coul have just asked "hey what do you think about Britney coming back to Vegas soon" or something like that. Why bring up somehting when you dont want the other person to comment on it?

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

she literally says "WITH EVERYTHING THAT SHE IS GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW AND HAVING TO PUT HER RESIDENCY ON HOLD.."

what do you think that is about? She wanted to indirectly ask her about it without being too obvious. She coul have just asked "hey what do you think about Britney coming back to Vegas soon" or something like that. Why bring up somehting when you dont want the other person to comment on it?

She literally asks "ARE YOU EXCITED TO SEE HER COME BACK TO VEGAS WHEN SHE'S READY?" The part about EVERYTHING SHE'S GOING THROUGH was a preface to the actual question. If the lady was trying to get a sensationalized quote from her, Xtina could probably see through her motives and didn't want to say anything. If the interviewer was trying to get her to say something she should have asked directly.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, colormefresh said:

Christina has seemed depressed for like a decade. Her eyes seem sad. Idk.

This business seems so bleak.

She had a reality check once she had a child, gained weight, and lost her thin figure. 'The Wall' is real and she hit it hard.

I've always known that Christina's initial reasons for that massive success she had from 1999 to 2002, was due to her link with THE Britney Spears and ... her skinny pretty girl image. Yes, she could sing but that played second fiddle to Britney Spears and Christinas own skinny pretty image. Christina knew it as well but tried to prove herself wrong by doing that throwback album in 2006 and doing nothing about the initial weight gain.

I, a Britney fan, was always more attracted to the look of Christina Aguilera from 1999 to 2002. Thats how I knew that Britneys music was simply BETTER. Christina and her team spent more effort on Christina's own image and association with Britney Spears  than they did Christinas actual music. So , 2004 to 2006, when Britney married KFED, gained weight, and gave birth twice... that was the start of Britney killing off her old image and Christinas association. B2B was Christinas make it or break it, and she only had her image and music to 'make it'. The music wasn't strong enough and before the era was over she was pregnant with another cancelled tour.

14 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

She had a reality check once she had a child, gained weight, and lost her thin figure. 'The Wall' is real and she hit it hard.

I've always known that Christina's initial reasons for that massive success she had from 1999 to 2002, was due to her link with THE Britney Spears and ... her skinny pretty girl image. Yes, she could sing but that played second fiddle to Britney Spears and Christinas own skinny pretty image. Christina knew it as well but tried to prove herself wrong by doing that throwback album in 2006 and doing nothing about the initial weight gain.

I, a Britney fan, was always more attracted to the look of Christina Aguilera from 1999 to 2002. Thats how I knew that Britneys music was simply BETTER. Christina and her team spent more effort on Christina's own image and association with Britney Spears  than they did Christinas actual music. So , 2004 to 2006, when Britney married KFED, gained weight, and gave birth twice... that was the start of Britney killing off her old image and Christinas association. B2B was Christinas make it or break it, and she only had her image and music to 'make it'. The music wasn't strong enough and before the era was over she was pregnant with another cancelled tour.

half of what you wrote I dont even get tbh. B2B was sucessfull and so was her tour. It was the most successful female tour of that year.  She didnt cancel her tour either only 4 shows and those were because of the flu not her pregnancy.

Christina at the time had plenty of hits, a ridiculous scedule and was working almost non stop from 1999-2004. Its funny to me how you all assume that Christina at the time had nothing better to do than constantly look up what Britney was doing or comparing herself. She was busy and very successfull at the time.

All of your pretty girl comments made zero sense.. Christina literally tried evertything from 2001 onward to not be seen as conventinally beautiful and a second Britney. Britney was dressing and looking like a barbie and this was Christina from 2001-2005. She was trying to get rid of that image very early. She even said that she would rather be on the worst dressed list and be interesting then conventionally beautiful and boring.  I mean does this look like a woman who wants to be a second Britney??

Spoiler

01-christina-aguilera-style-2001-billboabest-from-the-past-christina-aguilera-atmtv22.jpgChristina-Aguilera-2000.jpg43f0e87777b74ba3d8495669e0e19acc.jpg02-christina-aguilera-style-2001-billboarexfeatures_388948bi_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqGmavvmaafter_05.jpgaea833b2d7bc25bb13e84a1b4cbf65a2--beautilarge.jpgchristina-aguilera-arriving-at-the-nrdc-Christina-Aguilera.jpg

Also this is her in 2012... does this look like someone who gives zero f**ks about having a pretty girl image??

Spoiler

lAfv3Cgm_ydx.jpgvlcsnap-2012-12-05-21h07m35s245.pngo4MLtm4LuQ5l.jpgvlcsnap-2012-12-19-21h12m52s171.png091.jpg2011+American+Music+Awards+Show+Fj6_ZbIqchristina-aguilera-the-voice-2012-135220128794928sbitting1092011112958PM.jpegchristina-aguilera-weight-gain-2012.jpg

Archived