Was "Chillin with you" too ahead of its time ?

Toxic.Latin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the lyrics, the production is what it's all about! Us mere mortals may never understand the genius in the song sounding like three different tracks slapped together - the understanding of how perfect that is is reserved for 4-dimentional beings. :lemmetellu:

And let's not forget Britney's amazing ability to sound like someone impersonating her! She really is a step above human and we may never fully appreciate that. :yasqueen:

I'd say that not only "Chillin' With You", but the entirety of Britney Jean was really made only for the higher beings. :lessons:

Well here's my take on things:

We have the whole Brandy Johannesburg album to us. We have been consciously tearing it apart even now, 6 years since its release. We have plenty of reasons to despise the album. But of every single thing wrong with that mess, why is Chillin' With You hated the most? :awww:

The lyrics are shitty, but are they on par with "Mark my terrriiittttooooryyyy"? Are they as bad as "If there was a scale from 1 to 10, Then my love for you is a million, billion"?:jtum:

Definetly Myah. But haven't we learned to look past that issue, it's been 6 years! We can pretend that only Perfume, Don't Cry and Hold On Tite exists. The important thing: Does "Britney's" voice change 4 times on the song like Body Ache? Does "she" sound like she's recording under water on Chillin With You? :jtum:

Then the production. Admit it. You have found yourself bopping out to the verses once when it randomly came on in your shuffle playlist :pleaseshhh: The verses are cute, nothing else. Then there's that chorus which makes you nauseous, thinking about it makes my brain ache so I won't go into detail on that blasphemy. Then there's the bridge, the "Everyday, every day, chillin' witchu...". Love it or hate it, but the bridge saves the song. I won't say it's excellent, but it's a really good part.

Atleast you got a bridge on the song. There's excellent songs like Perfume, Alien and Brightest Morning Star on BJ that doesn't even have a bridge. Atleast you got a chorus, there's ISBE, Body Ache and even Work B with EDM choruses. :jtum:

My question is, when there are way worse abominations on BJ like Body Ache and It Should Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth, why is Chillin' With You the most hated? :jtum: Seriously, I need to know

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

Everything that needed to be said has been said already...

but im sure @Dark.Knight has something to add. 

And this song was my jam jam until I realized it wasn’t Britney :mcry:

I don't know what to say, though I'm not sure why we're discussing a non-Britney song on the Britney section :jlostare:

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

We have the whole Brandy Johannesburg album to us. We have been consciously tearing it apart even now, 6 years since its release. We have plenty of reasons to despise the album. But of every single thing wrong with that mess, why is Chillin' With You hated the most? :awww:

The lyrics are shitty, but are they on par with "Mark my terrriiittttooooryyyy"? Are they as bad as "If there was a scale from 1 to 10, Then my love for you is a million, billion"?:jtum:

Definetly Myah. But haven't we learned to look past that issue, it's been 6 years! We can pretend that only Perfume, Don't Cry and Hold On Tite exists. The important thing: Does "Britney's" voice change 4 times on the song like Body Ache? Does "she" sound like she's recording under water on Chillin With You? :jtum:

Then the production. Admit it. You have found yourself bopping out to the verses once when it randomly came on in your shuffle playlist :pleaseshhh: The verses are cute, nothing else. Then there's that chorus which makes you nauseous, thinking about it makes my brain ache so I won't go into detail on that blasphemy. Then there's the bridge, the "Everyday, every day, chillin' witchu...". Love it or hate it, but the bridge saves the song. I won't say it's excellent, but it's a really good part.

Atleast you got a bridge on the song. There's excellent songs like Perfume, Alien and Brightest Morning Star on BJ that doesn't even have a bridge. Atleast you got a chorus, there's ISBE, Body Ache and even Work B with EDM choruses. :jtum:

My question is, when there are way worse abominations on BJ like Body Ache and It Should Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth, why is Chillin' With You the most hated? :jtum: Seriously, I need to know

I kinda like It Should A Solo Song:ipass:

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Body Ache is my cousin's favorite Britney song

PerfumedGoldenDuckling-size_restricted.t

4 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Wait wait wait, your username... I always thought it meant like, you like chillin with ‘me’ (us?). I thought it was like, a play on words. I never ever thought it actually meant you like Chillin With You the song:hideous::decisions:

3 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

why yes, letting a background vocalist sing the majority of the vocals on a song that's supposed to be a cute duet with your sister is definitely too ahead of its time because it's never been done before.. now we know what Britney meant when she sang "sometimes it feels like there's three".. :unbothered:

Queen of setting trends?:whatitellu:

Archived