Britney claims in old letter she was silenced & threatened by team

Slayer

Britney Spears claimed she was lied to and silenced by her team during the height of her troubles, which saw her children taken away and the 26-year-old  star was put on a psychiatric hold, in a never-before-seen letter obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com

Spears, who writes the letter in the third person, claims she was 'set-up' when she was placed on psychiatric hold after locking herself into a room and refusing to hand over one of her two sons to her ex-husband Kevin Federline in January 2008. 

She accuses her team of 'controlling her life' and 'constantly threatening' that her children would be taken away if she didn't cooperate with them.

The handwritten note was given to a member of Spears' camp between 2009 and 2010 and uncovered by DailyMail.com

The unearthed letter comes as fresh concerns have arisen about Spears' well-being after she claimed her father committed her to a mental health facility in April and forced her to take medication against her will

The insider told DailyMail.com that Spears wrote the letter to clarify the circumstances surrounding her psychiatric hold in 2008 and to give her side of the story.

They said: 'I think she was frustrated with what was going on and what was being reported and said. 

'She didn't usually get a chance to speak her mind and be heard. She is thoughtful and sweet.'

Spears starts the letter, which is written in the third person, by taking a shot at ex-husband Federline and the breakdown of their marriage in 2006.

She writes: 'After reading Kevin's article in People I was amazed at how a lot of the focus was on Britney their mother to sell a story for People magazine, instead of the focus being on Kevin.

'What happened to Britney was a year ago and people need to get with the times.

'And as far as Kevin saying Britney divorced him, she was forced to by her lawyers b/c she went to visit him in N.Y and he wouldn't see her and the children and her lawyers said if she doesn't divorce him he's going to do it himself.

'So Kevin trying to play the innocent victim is hardly irelavent [sic]. He left her and the babies.

'Her going on the mend partying two years ago has nothing to do w/ the situation now.

Spears then addresses the events that led to her being placed on psychiatric hold in January of 2008. 

Federline was at her house to pick up their sons Preston and Jayden, who at the time were aged two and one respectively, as part of their custody agreement. 

Spears locked herself and Jayden into a bathroom and refused to hand him over, and the police were called. 

When they arrived they reportedly noticed Spears was under the influence of an unknown substance.

The pop star, who was aged 26 at the time, was taken out of her home strapped to a gurney and rolled into an ambulance, which took her to a hospital.   

Spears writes in the letter: 'Her behavior when her children got taken away b/c of her locking herself in the bathroom is understandable considering her friend at the door kept telling her the cops are leaving don't worry stay in the bathroom.

'She was lied to and set up. Her children were taken away and she did spin out of control which any mother would in those circumstances.

'Her next visit took a toll as well she wasn't listening to her manager - he lost control so he wanted to scare her.'

Britney then turned her anger towards her family and the people who were making money off her.

She writes: 'Now this year Britney has been silenced to speak about anything that's really going on.

'The people controlling her life have made 3 million dollars this year.'

Spears continues: 'She would love for new eyes to see her situation, but if she brings it up she's constantly threatened that the conservators will take her kids away.

'So how long does this go on. As long as the people are getting paid and she has no rights it could go on for a while, but it doesn't make it right at all.

'Everyone is very quick to put a gloomy eye on Britney. Does everyone talk about Janet Jackson giving her baby to her brother hopefully she won't do it with this child.

'Britney has given her brother a 2 million dollars apt. Her mother a 4M estate in Louisiana and her father the best job in show business

'She's a very giving person and would love to get the respect she deserves.'

The insider said Britney's concerns about being managed and taken advantage of by the people surrounding her still ring true today.

Most recently, Spears had her 'civil harassment' restraining order against her ex manager Sam Lutfi extended after she claimed he had been repeatedly texting Britney's mother Lynne, and trying to incite her fans with the #freebritney movement.

The movement was sparked out of concern for Spears' well-being when she was admitted into a mental health facility in April. 

14151370-7086731-Britney_Spears_claimed_

14147118-7086731-image-a-2_155922438590314147114-7086731-image-a-1_1559224380424

The insider added: 'I think she is a very sweet person and would like to have more control of her life. 

'Or at least not feel like she has to ''work'' to prove to the conservatorship that she is healthy.

'Many times she told me she wanted to focus on her family and it seems like they wanted her to keep working.'

Asked if they were concerned for Spears' well-being, the friend said: 'To some extent, yes. I want her to be happy and to have people around her that love and care for her.

'If she wants to stop working and focus on her family then she should be able to.

'Using her kids against her in order to make her earn more money for the team doesn't seem to be what's best.

'I only know what we spoke about back them, but it seems to this day that she doesn't really want to keep doing these shows where she doesn't perform at the level she used to.

'It would be nice to see her be able to perform if she wants to. And if she doesn't to just enjoy life and her family and friends.'

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, the last part with the "insider" made me shudder, because i remember saying that so often, and others, and people shooting us all down claiming she was cool with it all.

That letter is disturbing, but it comes at a time when it was needed most. I wonder who leaked it, and who the insider is. Fe?

3 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

was the Lutfi restraining order put in place?? if it was, doesn't that mean he can't speak about Britney in a certain light?? this would definitely be a violation of the restraining order wouldn't it?? :juggingu: (if the "insider" is him but it could be other people too, who knows)

the temporary restraining order was extended!

Archived