I feel so consumend

Dream Within a Dream

I spent the majority of my teenage years in a civil war torn country, I did my best to get myself out of there and carry on my education in several foreign countries.

I have been living abroad and on my own since I was 17, I’m 21 now. I have lived in 5 different countries with different languages in the past 4-5 years.

I feel desperately alone, I have made some really good friends in the past and invested so much of my time and energy into their well being but they all left me on the first inconvenience or because of something I did.

I’m facing so much daily stress in my post graduate degree to the point that i’m becoming insane. I don’t feel like I can carry on anymore, I feel like i was born into a life of meaningless suffering.

I used to be filled with so much hope and ambition but I really struggle to find that again or find any satisfaction in what I do.

I literally do not have a single string that ties me to this world. Not a single person that i think will be worse off without me. It’s been just me myself and I for such a long time now.

I’m struggling to find meaningfulness in what I do, in the very few people i spend my time with. I’m drunk on negative emotions and stress on a daily basis that’s what my life has been for quite sometime.

I really feel like i’m at the end of the line.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You clearly didn't have an easy life but keep on going, it will get better someday. You're not at the end of the line, you're at the begginning ! It's hard right now but it's making who you are. If you need to talk don't hesitate to dm me and if by any chance you're going in Paris, France don't hesitate to send a dm too we could hang out ! :sendinglove:

Sometimes we feel this hopeless, lost and empty, only to find our strength again with strength we didn’t know we had and new ambition, motivation, not just for life, but for ourselves. 

Neglecting ourselves can be so easy to do but so hard to find the strength to find again but that process of finding even the smallest motivation, even if it’s folding your clothes into the drawers that day, that is an achievement and you should value your achievements above anything else. Forget about the world, don’t compare your life to others. Success is found in you and some of us need to start slow because sis when you get back up by taking that time slowly and not rushing, boy is the world gunna tremble because you have so much to offer the world but you’ll only see that once you take that time to only care and love yourself and no one else and don’t let anyone else or anything else let you question that.

i have just started really coming up from a similar low sunken beaten to the bottom of the barrel feeling and I’m ngl I did the same as you and asked for help here and I have made a wonderful friend on here now and then went and got outside help and have now been working on myself. I practice what I preach so lovely if you need me please PM me I will always be here xo 

as cheesy as it sounds, you need to try to find the good in every situation:

these challenges you keep facing on a day to day basis could one day give you an advantage in life in the form of traits that you otherwise wouldn't have had.. if you push through, chances are, you're going to be more hard-working, more ambitious, more dedicated and more committed than the average person and those are all wonderful traits I wish I had but I don't because I've never had to work hard for anything in my life (now I'm just a whiny, hopeless, lazy piece of **** that doesn't have any drive or passion but instead complains about 1st world problems)

also, once you do get to a point in your life where you're happy, it's going to feel all the more satisfying than it otherwise would because you had to work hard for it.. trust me, it's going to be worth it.. :tehe:

give yourself a pep talk in the mirror.. it's going to feel ridiculous, it's going to be cringy but if you can make yourself laugh that way it's already going to be a small victory.. even if you have to lie to yourself and others about being happy, do it, at some point it's going to click and you'll believe it.. sending good vibes your way.. ;)

Omg :hugs: 

Like others have said, as hard as it is finding the good in any situation will make things better. I always tell myself: “it’s not the situation that’s stressing me out, it’s my thoughts ABOUT the situation that are stressing me.”

I know sometimes it’s easier said than done, but just keep going. You always have a little family here and exhale, and can always count on the users here to at the very least be a listening ear if you ever need to vent. 

One solid piece of advice I can offer is not to spread yourself so thin. I can tell by your initial post that you care deeply for the friends you have made and give a lot of your energy to those you care about. Just remember it is NOT selfish to save some of that energy for yourself. It is essential. You cannot pour from an empty cup, and sometimes you it is okay to take a step back and do something for you. Everyone needs time for themselves and there’s nothing wrong with a little self love/self care. 

Keep moving along my friend, things will get better and someday this moment in time will be just that, a moment in time :sendinglove:

Archived