Pre-recorded vocals during Britney: Piece Of Me?

Shadow2003

While looking for videos of Britney doing the "Work *****" choreography's floor part fully, I came across this video of the entire show:

I started watching some of it and noticed one little thing: the vocals seem a little... weird. It's like she's singing live, but it sounds too much like Myah... :jackk:

There are some slight voice cracks during "Womanizer"'s second pre-chorus too.

This got me thinking: did Piece Of Me ever have pre-recorded vocals? Did she ever sing live (not including "Something To Talk About")? Or was it all just lip-syncing from 20-year-old studio vocals (looking at you, "...Baby One More Time" performances)?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

I love that we've returned to dissecting her plastic surgery / pre-recorded vocals history just like the good ol' times.

:otears:

"The good ol' times"? Wow, that's such an... old person phrase. :jj:

Spoiler

Also, when you brought up plastic surgery, I instantly had a thought - Currentney looks kinda like Tamta's aunt:

:ehidk:

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

The first year had a good amount of prerecorded vocals along with the studio vocals and then they took them out for whatever reason when they started adding and changing songs. 

This. I talk about this on here all the time and no one ever seems to recall them lol

They weren’t very prominent, not as much as FFT’s, but they were there. It sounded more like she was singing along with the track. 

WB (these ones changed often), Womanizer (same with these), GM/BTI/POM, Freakshow, all had pre-recorded vocals. Other tracks like Pretty Girls and Lucky had the reverb effects removed so it gave it a “raw” effect live. Most Lucky videos aren’t good enough to hear it but you can hear it pretty prominently in Pretty Girls (most noticeably the first line)

With the exception of WB and Freakshow, all of the vocals were replaced by the album versions when the revamp happened. There weren’t many, but there were some. Admittedly, it fooled me when I saw her in 2014 with the Blackout medley. It didn’t sound like she was singing, but definitely like she was singing along if that makes sense. I think that was meant to be the point though

2 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

It's hard to say... I definitely hear something weird during the "break it up, break it down, see me comin' you can hear my sound" part :whatitellu:

Also, the "now get to work *****!" parts are definitely Britney saying it live.

But Myah dominates the majority of the track. They only used the Myah free version for televised performances :umsaywhat:

The biggest difference lies in how Britney pronounces "mansion" and "France" - it's definitely different from how Myah's saying them.

I love that we've returned to dissecting her plastic surgery / pre-recorded vocals history just like the good ol' times.

:otears:

is there a version of workbitch with just britney vocals? or do we not have those stems?

12 minutes ago, ItsKorBitch said:

is there a version of workbitch with just britney vocals? or do we not have those stems?

3 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

If we could get our hands on the prerecorded Work ***** track, then that's the closest we'd get to listening to pure Britney vocals. 

The official stems that got leaked only have Myah singing though some people claim Britney does background vocals in the left channel.

The track is a remix but the vocals are completely Britney straight out of the Piece Of Me Pre-recorded vocals :urite:

Also, @DayvinDazone the Work B pre-rec vocals were used for every POM show, not just televised performances. I don't know about the other songs tho :disappointed:

12 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Ah, thanks for correcting me! And are those vocals in the remix really the pre-recorded ones? All I hear is Myah :mariahstare::yesokay:

That's pure 2013ney vocals :janet: The only Myah part is the "Now get to work *****!" part after the "Ahaa" in the chorus :mhm:

You can notice how the vocals on that mix match the pre-recorded vocals of this performance:

Also notice how different the vocals on the mix are from the original album track:

Also, you heard Myah where Britney was actually singing. Does that mean most of what you heard from BJ was actually Britney and not Myah? :jj:

Everyone dragged Simon Ellisis’ remix but we severely under appreciated the mostly Brit vocals to his work b remix. I hope we get that vocal stem one day so we can have a proper version of work b. 

Along with the fan mixes ices we can have a more proper Brinty Joan.

Besides Work *****, she had pre-rec tracks for these too: Womanizer, Gimme More/Break the Ice/ Piece Of Me, Freakshow, Stronger/Crazy, MATM and Till the World Ends (these last two just small adlibs but still). After the revamp, only Work *****, Womanizer (I think), MATM and TTWE were kept :deadbanana:

For the BBMA medley she re-recorded all the songs.

And she didn't use the Work ***** vocals during festival performances and just lip synched to Myah :deadbanana:

On 5/23/2019 at 6:27 PM, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

The track is a remix but the vocals are completely Britney straight out of the Piece Of Me Pre-recorded vocals :urite:

she's mixed in with the album vocals, you can hear both voices on 'don't stop NOW'

still awesome to have these vocals in a remix though!

13 minutes ago, Broken Ice said:

Besides Work *****, she had pre-rec tracks for these too: Womanizer, Gimme More/Break the Ice/ Piece Of Me, Freakshow, Stronger/Crazy, MATM and Till the World Ends (these last two just small adlibs but still). After the revamp, only Work *****, Womanizer (I think), MATM and TTWE were kept :deadbanana:

For the BBMA medley she re-recorded all the songs.

And she didn't use the Work ***** vocals during festival performances and just lip synched to Myah :deadbanana:

She also kept the Freakshow ones. Stronger had a few ad-libs too, and the only pre-recorded thing about Crazy was the "Stop" at the end. Breal The Ice was the only one in the medley that didn't had pre-rec vocals, only GM and POM.

Unless it was prerecorded (didn’t seem to be), she said “stop” live on most nights :jj: (You could hear “stop” from the album track and then she chimes in live)

idk why people are saying crazy/stronger were live. Her adlibs were just louder and any effects on the vocals were removed. You can hear it in the soundboard audios. There was a part towards the end of Oops where she goes into falsetto (“I’m not that innoceEEEEEEEEnt”). That’s in the album track but it was noticeably louder live (videos don’t do it justice). It was the same thing.

POM had very few prerecorded parts. The rest were the album vocals but the effects were stripped/adlibs were louder

On 5/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, DexWillBeThere98 said:

She also kept the Freakshow ones. Stronger had a few ad-libs too, and the only pre-recorded thing about Crazy was the "Stop" at the end. Breal The Ice was the only one in the medley that didn't had pre-rec vocals, only GM and POM.

Yeah, i forgot about freakshow

All of the Crazy adlibs after she spoke to the audience were pre-recorded, people used to think it was live. 

I clearly hear some new vocals during old BTI but they seem much lower than GM and POM, so yeah

The only good thing in the live/pretracks segment after the revamp is that she started to shout the 'STOP!' live at the end of crazy in a lot of shows. I hated the lazy one from the 2013 pre-record lol

Archived