Have you been boycotting her music?

I had a period of time where I didn't listen to Britney at all (might have been a year and a half even if I was on Exhale the whole time).. then a few days ago I decided to pirate her discography (which ended up being a good idea considering I got all the Japanese / international / preorder exclusives out of it).. :unbothered: as I said, it's been almost a year and a half which is why when I finally started listening to her music again it was literally orgasmic.. still knew every lyric, every adlib, every "oh".. it was so satisfying and I can't believe I went over a year without all these bops.. I'm back y'all.. :crying3:

edit: obviously didn't download "Basic Jingles" though because **** THAT.. I just pretend it doesn't exist.. :gloss:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can still listen to my cds and stuff but I am not streaming. And if she is still in the cship when next album comes out it will be the first time I have not bought her album. This is one of the only areas we as Britney fans have real power over her team. If we pull together and commit to not rewarding her team with $ then they will understand we aren't playing. Talking and protesting only does so much if we aren't willing to make them actually feel it. Until the Cship is over or we hear from Britney regarding the true nature of the situation and that she actually wants it, then they aren't getting anything from me. 

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Fixed :well:

Nah, this is what he meant:

3 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

I still blast the records since I'm a physical album vinyl person, and those I don't own I pirated (BJ, Glory) :jj:

"The phonograph disc record was the primary medium used for music reproduction throughout the 20th century. It had co-existed with the phonograph cylinder from the late 1880s and had effectively superseded it by around 1912."

- Wikipedia / Phonograph record

jj.v1.png?0.5786766797029299

22 minutes ago, Simon Cowell said:

No but I’m about to boycott this piece of **** website with its millions pop up ads... bye Jordan.

Me opening the mobile website and about to press something

Random full screen pop up: JUSTICE FOR BON APETIT BY KATY PERRY, READ IT NOW. OH BUT PAY FIRST LOLOLOO

Me trying to press anything
Random ad appearing in the bottom of the screen and making me miss click NOT SO FAST

Me: tenor.gif?itemid=5735851

Honestly I think it's too hard for me to give up her music. But even if I don't stream it I still have all of her albums and unreleased songs on iTunes too. Besides her team made so much money off of POM which a lot of us attended. 

I own most of her music so I don't depend on streaming that much, but I'm still missing some of Femme Fatale songs that were growers for me and I now LOVE (don't want BJ). I also just pirated Get Back, Mood Ring and several others. For now, I'll make due without the extra songs but I'll definitely play what I own/have loud and proud. I've been making playlists in my preferred OFFLINE app lately mostly because of me basically switching and essentially taking a full Spotify break since I usually listen to Britney and just a little else.

As for the future, I'll wait and see. :decisions:

23 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

no. I always listen to her in phases (either I only listen to her or dont at all) and right now Im in my not listening to Britney phase.. so Im not listening but not because of a boycott.

exactly the same here... I'm now in a Taylor Swift-mode and therefore it was a Madonna-mode

5 hours ago, sibode said:

NO. I listen to Britney Spears music everyday since 1998.

Then surely you have CDs? Download/use those

8 hours ago, samwoods321 said:

Not at all

This post is referring to using streaming platforms, why not purchase second-hand CDs?

19 hours ago, COCKy™ said:

Anyone know of any place to download her albums in good quality?

i haven’t streamed since the podcast was released. And I’m feening. 

eBay, second-hand CDs, download them. It’s easy, permanent, cheaper and more reliable than Spotify/Apple Music

Archived