Random fact about the ITZ album's graphic design

bitbitboi

OMG did you guys know that the symbols on the left of the front of the CD case SPELL "BRITNEY SPEARS"?! I HAD NO IDEA. I feel like a new-born fan haha

Apparently, if you download the official font and spell her name with it, those symbols appear in the same order. I don't have the font (how is it called, anyone knows?) but the amount of symbols correspond to the same amount of letters in her name, and they are all different except for whenever a letter is repeated (e, r, and s).

1. britney-spears-in-the-zone-D_NQ_NP_65716

I am gagged. I always liked the symbols but I also always thought they were kind of random, so I feel like the spelling of her name with the symbols was a sort of "happy mistake" on the part of the designer and then they decided to keep it.

Did you guys know about this?? At least act like you did, otherwise I'll look like a fool haha :p

PS: I know there are WAY more important things happening in the Britney world right now but maybe this will loosen / distract you all a bit? hah

---

* EDIT: those symbols are actually called "dingbats," and the picture from the cover was taken by Patrick Demarchelier for CosmoGIRL!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ExtraMile4U said:

It wasn't.  It was apart of the album photoshoot. lol

No... I remember that is was from a magazine... Like... Glamour, or something like that?

* EDIT: OK I GOT IT, the info is in the booklet notes, heh, let me copy it...

"Cover photo and page 8 photographed exclusively for CosmoGIRL! magazine by Patrick Demarchelier."

6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Apparently, if you download the official font and spell her name with it, those symbols appear in the same order. I don't have the font (how is it called, anyone knows?) but the amount of symbols correspond to the same amount of letters in her name, and they are all different except for whenever a letter is repeated (e, r, and s).

Just search 'In the Zone Dingbats' and you'll be good to go, for example here

The only real responsive letters are the ones that spell out her name so there's isn't much you can do with it anyway :hugs:

8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

No... I remember that is was from a magazine... Like... Glamour, or something like that?

* EDIT: OK I GOT IT, the info is in the booklet notes, heh, let me copy it...

"Cover photo and page 8 photographed exclusively for CosmoGIRL! magazine by Patrick Demarchelier."

9k=https://www.angelfire.com/pop2/britpictures17/images/cosmogirlouttake6.jpg

Kind of cool to see what the true colors were

I knew about it for some time now, but it's still pretty cool that they decided to actually do something interesting with those symbols instead of just having them there for the purpose of... well, them being there.

Also, while the album cover is not bad, per se, I still don't like that huge close-up of her face. I just wish that instead of the official album cover...

Spoiler

Spoiler

925dec7d167307498b314e0ee4d5a210.jpg

...this one was used:

Spoiler

Spoiler

il_fullxfull.248980839.jpg

It's just a simple change, but it looks SO much better!

6 hours ago, HarajukuGyal said:

Just search 'In the Zone Dingbats' and you'll be good to go, for example here

The only real responsive letters are the ones that spell out her name so there's isn't much you can do with it anyway :hugs:

Maybe that's because that font is not official but fanmade? I don't know if we could get our hands on the official one. It probably has another name, or maybe it was made especially for this project and that's why we only have those dingbats (btw, thank you for reminding me what these symbols were called).

5 hours ago, wut said:

I KNOW! Her hair looks amazing there, and the make up is flawless! And I love that slight pink tone in her skin. Ugh I love that black top/dress too...

25 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

The font is 'In The Zone Dingbats' - I used to do loads of photoshop back in the day so they were pretty useful for doing edits

https://www.dafontfree.net/freefonts-in-the-zone-dingbats-f87605.htm 

That one was made by UKBritney.TV

15 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I knew about it for some time now, but it's still pretty cool that they decided to actually do something interesting with those symbols instead of just having them there for the purpose of... well, them being there.

Also, while the album cover is not bad, per se, I still don't like that huge close-up of her face. I just wish that instead of the official album cover...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

925dec7d167307498b314e0ee4d5a210.jpg

...this one was used:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

il_fullxfull.248980839.jpg

It's just a simple change, but it looks SO much better!

I don't know... I truly think the one we got (the close-up) is already iconic, but the other one (I believe it was the original or first official attempt) looks great because it makes her look younger and more feminine, but I also kinda hate seeing those thick black strings from her top/dress, which look great in a broader picture but not here. The cover we got looks more minimalistic, and I appreciate that for an album which has an incredibly intricate and eclectic production. Just being picky here.

3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I don't know... I truly think the one we got (the close-up) is already iconic, but the other one (I believe it was the original or first official attempt) looks great because it makes her look younger and more feminine, but I also kinda hate seeing those thick black strings from her top/dress, which look great in a broader picture but not here. The cover we got looks more minimalistic, and I appreciate that for an album which has an incredibly intricate and eclectic production. Just being picky here.

Yeah, I get it. Still, my favourite three covers for In The Zone are the following fanmade ones:

Spoiler

Curiosidades del album âIn The Zoneâ | Britney Spears Colombia

Spoiler

Britney Spears - In The Zone | Britney Spears' 4th studio ...

Spoiler

Benikari47's Graphics: Britney Spears - In The Zone Cover

23 hours ago, inthefields said:

my favorite britney album cover!

Honestly, mine too.  This one and the 2001 Britney album cover bring me the most nostalgia.  Something about the certain shade/tone of blue of this cover paired with the pink is just perfect to me.  Plus, I don't know if anyone else every smells their new CDs when they open them, but the booklet of ITZ has a certain smell that has yet to go away after all these years.  I know it's weird but I remember the smell of it as a kid for some reason. LOL

Archived