Any vinyl records fans here?

Nickey

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor you, this thread is a flop. :awww:

But, yes, I do like vinyl records... despite not owning any - those things are pretty expensive, especially turntables.

Still, they look really cool, especially the coloured ones. I might start collecting them one day...

Then again, though, it's a bummer that they rarely have bonus tracks. I'd love to see "I'll Never Stop Loving You" or "Autumn Goodbye" on a ...BOMT vinyl, or all the bonus tracks with "Intimidated" on a Britney vinyl, but that's not gonna happen any time soon. :brityeah:

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from my Britney albums I have a nice decent vinyl collection that I love to play. Some Frank Sinatra, Bob Marley, MJ, and Prince. I gotta get something from Madonna. High quality records have such beautiful sound reproduction. I like to get older stuff that sounds really good on a record player. And real instruments are always great.  :clap:

• 3 months later...

I started to sell mine, I got rid of the easy to sell ones (Britney, Lana Del Rey) but there are some that I can’t get rid of by lesser known artists (Ashanti, Vance Joyce, etc.) because no one wants them lol. I’m only keeping my 2 Mariah vinyl records, it’s an expensive hobby to collect vinyls so I stopped. :bedtime:

• Super Mods
On 9/6/2019 at 11:28 PM, JustLuvMe said:

I started to sell mine, I got rid of the easy to sell ones (Britney, Lana Del Rey) but there are some that I can’t get rid of by lesser known artists (Ashanti, Vance Joyce, etc.) because no one wants them lol. I’m only keeping my 2 Mariah vinyl records, it’s an expensive hobby to collect vinyls so I stopped. :bedtime:

Aw, I was gonna start since I have two of her vinyls. I don’t know whether to just get rid of my cd collection and only buying the vinyl versions of albums I really really like...don’t know if it’s worth the investment 

On 9/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, puppylo16 said:

Aw, I was gonna start since I have two of her vinyls. I don’t know whether to just get rid of my cd collection and only buying the vinyl versions of albums I really really like...don’t know if it’s worth the investment 

I think you should keep your CD collection, since you can usually get bonus tracks / different editions on CD, while vinyl is stuck with standard editions most of the time. Plus, it's just something that you might have great memories attached to. :)

• Super Mods
21 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I think you should keep your CD collection, since you can usually get bonus tracks / different editions on CD, while vinyl is stuck with standard editions most of the time. Plus, it's just something that you might have great memories attached to. :)

That’s true! A lot of it is mostly nostalgic for me and it recalls how I used to take so much care of them and wore out the booklets just flipping through them while listening to the album. I’m even thinking of getting new versions of my old Britney albums just so I can have pristine version of them because my copies have worn out edges. Thanks for helping me sway my decision!

On 9/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, puppylo16 said:

Keep the CDs and start saving money for vinyl, cause it's sooo amazing to be a vinyl collector, though it's a bit of expensive. Also, well I don't know if you have a turntable already BUT never ever buy cheap new turntables, cause they destroy records and sound pretty bad, while vintage, quality equipment (literally, I have a turntable from 1980 and it's the best) can provide great sound and are just... pretty unbreakable! :verycool:

3 minutes ago, IUSM said:

I prefer the CD sound but I may buy vinyls just for the huge cover. They really are collector's items.

(I wanted to buy In the Zone from Urban Outfitters but it was expensive to ship to Europe. I guess it will be the same for Blackout...) :crying1:

I feel you... :mcry:

One of the reasons I made this. Almost like listening to a vinyl record :selenerz:

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Nickey said:

Keep the CDs and start saving money for vinyl, cause it's sooo amazing to be a vinyl collector, though it's a bit of expensive. Also, well I don't know if you have a turntable already BUT never ever buy cheap new turntables, cause they destroy records and sound pretty bad, while vintage, quality equipment (literally, I have a turntable from 1980 and it's the best) can provide great sound and are just... pretty unbreakable! :verycool:

Yeah I heard the crosleys suck and yeah I was planning on getting an old one but don’t know which one to get. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, frederiickx said:

Yes I have just recently started collecting vinyls of my faves albums. They are very expensive though, and I still prefer my CD's.

I like CDs too and collect them as well, though there's something amazing about vinyls - the huge covers, gatefold sleeves... And there are still many albums only on vinyl, I mean, without CD reissues. Also, many albums on vinyl sound way better because it's just meant to be (more) high fidelity than CD which often have very compressed audio. But it's all about mastering, there's no rule that says "vinyl is better" or "CD is better", you just have to use your ears to tell.

Archived