Britney's Legacy as an entertainer?

the narrative around the latter part of her life/career and obviously now has been her personal life. Everybody knows who Britney Spears is nowadays unless you live under a rock but if you ask them about her music or a favorite song your only answer will probably be Toxic or BOMT and the "snake" performance. If you ask someone about her personal life They'll probably go on and on about her life events. I hate how even though she's had an impressive career as an entertainer its become ensconced by her "tabloid" like personal life. Would be so amazing for someone to produce a great documentary/ biopic focused on her music career and or a streaming special or physical release with her best award show and career performances spanning the early days to Glory highlighting Britney the bad *** performer who was outdancing her backup dancers and a force to be reckoned with.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, onyx09 said:

Everybody knows who Britney Spears is nowadays unless you live under a rock but if you ask them about her music or a favorite song your only answer will probably be Toxic or BOMT and the "snake" performance. 

Eh, I disagree.  ‘..BOMT’ and ‘Toxic’ are her biggest songs, yes, but I guarantee that most people know or have heard of ‘Oops’, ‘Lucky’, ‘Slave’, ‘INAG, NYAW’, ‘Everytime’, ‘Gimme More’, ‘Piece of Me’, ‘Womanizer’, etc...even ‘Work *****’.  Hell, even ‘Make Me’ was a Top 20 hit that she performed at the VMAs, so lots of people would probably recognize it, too.  Right now the focus is on her personal life because of the #FreeBritney stuff (and because she hasn’t released anything in almost 3 years), but she’s still famous first and foremost as a singer/performer.

Archived