[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- Glory

How would you rate Britney's ninth album?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)

• Invitation
    • Do You Wanna Come Over?
    • Make Me ft. G-Eazy
    • Private Show
    • Man On The Moon
    • Just Luv Me
    • Clumsy
    • Slumber Party ft. Tinashe
    • Just Like Me
    • Love Me Down
    • Hard To Forget Ya
    • What You Need
    • Better
    • Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
    • Liar
    • If I'm Dancing
    • Coupure Électrique
    • Mood Ring

This poll is closed to new votes

Overall Album Evaluation - Glory ?

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's ninth album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 {Only videos released officially counts}
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrua7JZk9Y9VQQCFwtvI-hDJDWvq.jpg6TyGTd7.jpg7FF8Jzx.jpgROs1RC0.jpg40o6jmn.jpgmg98ez8.jpg9DTtfSd.jpg53Qlvvb.jpgD1Soupq.jpgbritney-spears-glory-cd.jpg

*The solo version of Slumber Party is not taken into account in the poll and the questionnaire. Vote and answer keeping in mind the remixed version featuring Tinashe only.

*The Make Me... Radio edit solo version is not taken into account in the poll and the questionnaire. Vote and answer keeping in mind the official album version featuring G-Eazy only.

*The Japanese Tour Edit version of the cover of the album is not to be considered with regard to the physical outlook. Only the official album cover from the initial release is applicable.

UPDATE

The results are in, click on the spoiler below to view them:

Spoiler

Based on 70 votes, these are the ratings of the album:

•  Overall sound of the album - 4.3 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 2.9 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album: 

1. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) - 40% voters (32 votes)
  2. Mood Ring - 34% voters (27 votes)
  3. Make Me ft. G-Eazy = Do You Wanna Come Over? - 32% voters (24 votes)

Based on the answers recieved from 10 members,

1. Everyone who answered agreed that Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) would have made an excellent single. 6 memebers agree that Do You Wanna Come Over was a good single choice as some said it could have taken the place of the lead single.
  2. For the place of the worst song, both Private Show and Hard To Forget Ya tied with 4 votes each. Private Show received an average of 2.5 / 5 while Hard To Forget Ya got 1.7 / 5.
  3. The album received a lyrical average of 3.5 / 5.
  4. Every answer was directed at Slumber Party as the best video, which was rated at 3.8 / 5.
  5. Most upvoted review by @I Always Sing Live

A dynamic collection of contemporary pop songs that sees pop legend jumping from one genre to another all the while experimenting with her vocals and showing the most personality she's shown through her music in almost 10 years.

Final Verdict: Great

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Reveal hidden contents

30sb8y.jpg

Disclaimer: Do not open the spoiler in the OP without eye protection. Reduce your device brightness to the minimum level for your own safety :embarrassney: I won't accept responsibility for any eye damage caused while viewing the booklet.

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? Better, Love Me Down, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party/ Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 I don’t like If I’m Dancing I give it a 2/5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 It’s alright, some more generic some more interesting and with more attitude like MotM and Liar. I’d say 3/5 rounded up
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 Slumber Party obviously. The two Make Me’s both suck. I rate it 3.5/5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? After her latest albums relied on catchiness and producers she mostly worked with before, Glory is more than just that. Britney releases a new record with more creativeness like In The Zone but still the mysterious catchiness closer to Blackout.

Overall sound: 5/5

Physical outlook: 3/5. EURGH this annoys me so much. The fact that one of Britney's best albums had the most lackluster artwork. The fact that the album cover is a screencap from the Make Me video, and the album photoshoot is from the Make Me video too! Don't get me wrong quite a lot of the images were nice, Britney looks great, and there are other times in Britney's career they have used images from a music video/video set as single covers that have looked great (Do Somethin', Circus, I Wanna Go, Slumber Party etc.) but this time around it just felt rushed and lacked any proper effort. And the album cover is poor, just poor, it's a screencap, it was literally the Make Me video's thumbnail on YouTube (until they changed it recently) and we've had far too many closeups of Britney as album covers now. The album deserved a better photoshoot and a better album cover.

Top 3 songs: Do You Wanna Come Over, Slumber Party, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - Make Me was the perfect lead single, BUT Do You Wanna Come Over should have been the second single. It was catchy, radio friendly, and could have been a hit. Slumber Party was also a good single choice but it was a mistake to release it after Britney had already released a midtempo lead single. It would have worked better as a 3rd single. I also think adding Tinashe to the song was pointless, she added nothing. The song should have been released without her or any other features. Then a 4th and 5th single should have been released imo. This was one of Britney's best albums and it really deserved more than two singles. It's a f**king joke and I will never get over it. Man on the Moon, Just Luv Me, Love Me Down, Better, Change Your Mind and Liar all would have made great single choices for a potential 4th/5th single from the album.
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - Private Show, 2/5. I just don't really like it as much as the rest of the album tbh and I do question Britney's vocals on this song at times but it is kinda catchy. I'll probably listen to this if I feel in the mood to. It worked well with the fragrance's commercial.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 4.5 or 4.8/5. Probably one of Britney's better albums for lyrics/lyrical depth, some really good written songs on this album such as Man on the Moon, Just Like Me, Liar etc. Britney also dabbled with both French and Spanish on this album and she sang entirely in French for Coupure Electrique!
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - Slumber Party, 4.8/5, possibly up there as one of Britney's better videos, it is **** and a lot of fun, Britney also looked fierce in the video!
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - One of Britney's best and most creative albums. Britney took control once again in her career, being more involved in the songwriting and explored many different genres on this album, from pop to R&B to dance to Latin to reggae to trap. Britney's vocals on this album were also faultless, and the songwriting really shines on songs such as Man on the Moon. 

Sound: 4/5 (more like a 4.5), my only critique is how messy the album is in terms of cohesiveness. It's basically "Circus" 2.0 in terms of being a jumbled mess of different sounds, moods and subgenres. But that's only a minor critique since that doesn't take away from how good the songs are and how "alive" the album is. It's so fun and so full of personality which is why the reviews were so great, it had Britney all over it. "Glory" was the most personality a Britney album had shown since "Blackout". Not only that but her voice sounds incredible and is very dynamic switching from Selena Gomez-esque cooing in one song to doo-wop growling in another. :kyliecry:

Booklet: 3/5. I like the idea, I like the theme, I like the overall mood, I like the color scheme but I hate the execution. There's two photos where she does not look like herself and Randee very clearly went a bit overboard with the exposure and lighting. The cover is not good, there were plenty of better pictures to choose from. Randee, we know Godney is a divine being without all the lights shining on her, tone it down next time (hopefully there is no next time though). :ohreallylol:

3 Fave Songs: "Man on the Moon" has been my ultimate favorite since the very beginning, the other two change all the time but if I had to pick right now I guess I'd go with "Make Me" and "Slumber Party".

Singles: "Make Me" was not a good lead single. However it actually did surprisingly well for how unfitting it was for a lead single. I know midtempos were very in at the time but IMO "Make Me" is not a summer single. Not sure how I would have done the singles differently though, maybe like this:

• I would go "Slumber Party" first but since it flopped so hard I'm going for "Do You Wanna Come Over?"
  • "Change Your Mind" - could work considering the latin craze at the time but as a lead single would be too desperate
  • slowing it down with the third single (Autumn / Winter) - "Make Me" or "Just Luv Me"
  • "Better" - 4 singles is already pushing it, chances are after 3 singles no one cares anymore so it's a good idea to save the most generic song for last as a "maybe it will stick", it's a very radio friendly song that could go either way which is why releasing it as a last resort could be a decent attempt

Worst Song: "Hard to Forget Ya". I actually love both "Private Show" and "What You Need" so don't come for me. The song itself isn't even that bad, what makes it bad is that it could have been AMAZING but wasn't. The verses and the prechorus are SO GOOD but sadly the chorus is utter trash. Way to ruin a potential highlight of the album. The fact that it could have been so good makes me all the more salty and bitter - 3/5. :badthoughts:

Fave Video: "Slumber Party". I don't want to praise "Slumber Party" too much because that would Make Me a hypocrite. I trashed the leaked "Make Me" video for being tacky, boring and nothing we haven't seen before yet I stanned the "Slumber Party" MV so much when it first came out. Anyway - 5/5. :pieceofwhat:

Short Review: A dynamic collection of contemporary pop songs that sees pop legend jumping from one genre to another all the while experimenting with her vocals and showing the most personality she's shown through her music in almost 10 years.

1 minute ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Sound: 4/5 (more like a 4.5), my only critique is how messy the album is in terms of cohesiveness. It's basically "Circus" 2.0 in terms of being a jumbled mess of different sounds, moods and subgenres. But that's only a minor critique since that doesn't take away from how good the songs are and how "alive" the album is. It's so fun and so full of personality which is why the reviews were so great, it had Britney all over it. "Glory" was the most personality a Britney album had shown since "Blackout". Not only that but her voice sounds incredible and is very dynamic switching from Selena Gomez-esque cooing in one song to doo-wop growling in another. :kyliecry:

Booklet: 3/5. I like the idea, I like the theme, I like the overall mood, I like the color scheme but I hate the execution. There's two photos where she does not look like herself and Randee very clearly went a bit overboard with the exposure and lighting. The cover is not good, there were plenty of better pictures to choose from. Randee, we know Godney is a divine being without all the lights shining on her, tone it down next time (hopefully there is no next time though). :ohreallylol:

3 Fave Songs: "Man on the Moon" has been my ultimate favorite since the very beginning, the other two change all the time but if I had to pick right now I guess I'd go with "Make Me" and "Slumber Party".

Singles: "Make Me" was not a good lead single. However it actually did surprisingly well for how unfitting it was for a lead single. I know midtempos were very in at the time but IMO "Make Me" is not a summer single. Not sure how I would have done the singles differently though, maybe like this:

• I would go "Slumber Party" first but since it flopped so hard I'm going for "Do You Wanna Come Over?"
  • "Change Your Mind" - could work considering the latin craze at the time but as a lead single would be too desperate
  • slowing it down with the third single (Autumn / Winter) - "Make Me" or "Just Luv Me"
  • "Better" - 4 singles is already pushing it, chances are after 3 singles no one cares anymore so it's a good idea to save the most generic song for last as a "maybe it will stick", it's a very radio friendly song that could go either way which is why releasing it as a last resort could a decent attempt

Worst Song: "Hard to Forget Ya". I actually love both "Private Show" and "What You Need" so don't come for me. The song itself isn't even that bad, what makes it bad is that it could have been AMAZING but wasn't. The verses and the prechorus are SO GOOD but sadly the chorus is utter trash. Way to ruin a potential highlight of the album. The fact that it could have been so good makes me all the more salty and bitter - 3/5. :badthoughts:

Fave Video: "Slumber Party". I don't want to praise "Slumber Party" too much because that would Make Me a hypocrite. I trashed the leaked "Make Me" video for being tacky, boring and nothing we haven't seen before yet I stanned the "Slumber Party" MV so much when it first came out. Anyway - 5/5. :pieceofwhat:

Short Review: A dynamic collection of contemporary pop songs that sees pop legend jumping from one genre to another all the while experimenting with her vocals and showing the most personality she's shown through her music in almost 10 years.

Aww you ain't gonna do a tracklist re-arrangement this time? :bpout:

1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Aww you ain't gonna do a tracklist re-arrangement this time? :bpout:

"Glory" was good as is, only thing I would do is remove "Hard to Forget Ya" so that I don't have to think about how good it could have been. Oh, and also "Clumsy", I don't like that song. :akii:

The order is fine too since there are no random ballads thrown in there to ruin the momentum. "Liar" should be right after "Just Like Me" though, would make so much sense that way, y'know?! :badthoughts:

1. Invitation
  2. Just Luv Me
  3. Mood Ring
  4. Make Me
  5. Love Me Down
  6. Slumber Party
  7. Private Show
  8. What You Need
  9. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  10. Change Your Mind
  11. Better
  12. If I'm Dancing
  13. Liar
  14. Just Like Me

nevermind, it's too much fun not to do it, @ILikeChillinWithYou.. :akii: my new order for the first 10 songs make SO MUCH sense and I'm already living for it but I had no idea where to put the final 4 so I just slapped them on at the end.. :pieceofwhat:

15 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Liar" should be right after "Just Like Me" though, would make so much sense that way, y'know?! 

That would meke so much sense omg :o You know, just like how Invitation, Do You Wanna Come Over and Slumber Party could have gone together because of the titles :gobaby: Glory could have been a theme album actually :orly:

FINALLY, MY BABY GLORY! :makesomenoise::pumped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sound5/5 Literally, my favorite work from her since Britney,ITZ & Blackout, Slumber Party is messy tho with Tinashe, she deserved her own line than repeating Britney's, I love some more chill songs on there like "Private Show" or "Just Like Me", also this album on headphones is just :mcry: , Her voice is amazing, she prove that she still got her singing (Wish she could sing atleast ballads live but eh that's another chapter :pieceofwhat: ) And finally GP liked it with mostly positive reviews! 

Booklet: 3/5 -  I dislike how they used too much lighting on her, but she slays still, some photos kinda reminds me of the place they shoot the alternative Make Me... video so :jj:  as Isla said. 

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

The fact that the album cover is a screencap from the Make Me video

3 Fave songs: This was tough since i love almost EVERY song on the album, but i went with "Do You Wanna Come Over?" as first, because.. it just reminded me (the intro of her voice) as I'm a Slave 4 u (Lou :jj: ) just Sexyney, 2nd one "Clumsy" when i heard this song first time on headphones, and she said "Oops! :cuteneylaugh:" and the beat dropped i was like :omg::tear: Screaming at my room "This beech :otears:" and dancing like :feelingmyself: , 3rd song i picked was "Liar" at that time i had beef with my now old-friend who told my friend lies about me, nasty stuff, and he made me look like a mean person, and he lied to me many times when i wanted to call with him on discord he was like "Oh I'm at garden with my family" meanwhile i saw him playing a game :quirkney: , and when i blocked him he tried to contact me with multiple account and beg for accepting apology but yeah he did that manyyy times but i went there too much personal, back to ranking the album, i love the lyrics like "Call, Call, Call but I'm never gonna come, Baby cry,cry,cry You ain't foolin anyone"

SinglesW T F was Britney's team on, Make me was like "meh-okay" single choice, but they could've RELEASE/ANNOUNCE "Do You Wanna Come Over?" / "Liar" / "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)" / "Clumsy" / "Love Me Down" (i'm going to cry for how many GOOD singles they had) or "If I'm Dancing" at BBMAs or after end of Britney's performance. Slumber Party was the same for me as Make me (as single). in order: "Do You Wanna Come Over?" as lead, 2nd "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) , 3rd "Clumsy" , 4rd "Slumber Party" or "Make me..." it's still hard since this album had a lot of potencial with singles. 

Worst song: Well, I don't have any worst song on Glory so :4music: 

Fav. video: From 3 videos, "Slumber Party" :milkney: Leaked Make Me original video :jj: And Make Me... my fav. is Slumber Party :jj: 

Short review: Britney's good piece of work after Bretyanka Jenakova, Showed her vocal abilities (we can wish with hearing some of them live :jj: ) Album that could've been promoted better, and with singles too, experimenting with new producers really helped her, as i said her best work since Britney,ITZ & Blackout, i hope that we will get more Glory(s) in next era(s) :plzney:  edit: sorry for grammar or other mistakes it's 1:22am and im tired already :mcorangu:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?

No, I have said it a million times, if she's not gonna sing LIVE there's no point in releasing slow/mid tempos as singles, let alone the lead one. My ideal single choices (in that order):

1. Better - generic, a #1 WW hit 

2. Do You Wanna Come Over - classic Britney party song 

3. Change Your Mind - a good opportunity to join the latin trend 

4. Mood Ring or Slumber Party - a great chill wrap up for the era. 

Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5

Hard To Forget You, sounds like something a random Disney 14 year old girl would sing in those random shows for teens. Disgusting. Rate: 1, just because the bridges a bit good, aside from that, it's pure trash. 

How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5

Average, there are not deep tracks. Verses and choruses are quite brief and the songs go straight to the sounds. While there are some great stand outs like Man On The Moon, Mood Ring or Invitation, the rest of the lyrics remain average. However, the instrumentals are great. Rate 2.5

Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 {Only videos released officially counts} 

Of course Slumber Party, we don't ha e many options to choose from. Rate 3

If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Britney joins the tribal trend in her latest new album Glory. A mystical ride going from self acceptance (Just Luv Me, Better), ****** desire (Make me, SP, Mood Ring, CYM) to having fun in the classic Britney style (DYWCO). 

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? “Change Your Mind” and “Do You Wanna Come Over” should have been singles too. 
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. Private Show 4/5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. 4/5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 {Only videos released officially counts}. Slumber Party 3/5
12 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:
  • Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  • Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  • How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  • Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 {Only videos released officially counts}
  • If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

1. No, but I don't pretend like I'm good at singles-- all I know is that Slay Your Mind should have been one.

2. Hard Not to Skip Ya. 1/5.

3. Unfortunately this was the year where basic lyrics seemed to be in, so there's no real meat, but its not bad. Maybe.... 3/5?

4. :frenchy: Slumber Party. 3/5.

5. Brought back my faith in Britney.

Archived