[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- Britney Jean

How would you rate Britney's eighth album?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)

• Alien
    • Work Bitch
    • Perfume
    • It Should Be Easy ft. will.i.am
    • Tik Tik Boom ft. T.I
    • Body Ache
    • Til It's Gone
    • Passenger
    • Chillin' With You ft. Jamie Lynn Spears
    • Don't Cry
    • Brightest Morning Star
    • Hold On Tight
    • Now That I Found You

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 02:30 AM

Overall Album Evaluation - Britney Jean?

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's eighth album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

OsoFGtK.jpgGehuDLk.png45EOoWQ.jpgRelated imageRKdSefV.jpgImage result for britney jean back coverImage result for every britney spears album cover as a gif

*Perfume (The Dreaming Mix) has not been included in the poll as it only serves the purpose of a remix song to the original. Hence the song listed as Perfume in the poll is not to be confused with The Dreaming Mix.

UPDATE

The results are in, click on the spoiler below to view them:

Spoiler

Based on 83 votes, these are the ratings of the album:

•  Overall sound of the album - 2.3 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 3.3 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album: 

1. Work ***** - 57% voters (61 votes)
  2. Perfume - 47% voters (39 votes)
  3. Alien - 36% voters (30 votes)

Based on the answers recieved from 10 members,

1. 6 members unanimously agree that Alien was a potential single, maybe as the 3rd or at any point after the 3rd single. 4 members considered Til It's Gone as a single.
  2. The worst song position is tied between Chillin' With You and Body Ache, with both receiving 4 votes each. Body Ache rated at an average score of 1 / 5 while Chillin' With You was rated at 1.3 / 5.
  3. The album received a lyrical average of 3.0 / 5.
  4. 6 members voted Work ***** as the best video from the era and it was rated at 4.6 / 5.
  5. Most upvoted review by @DayvinDazone
  6. Quote

"Britney Jean had a lot of potential, but will.i.am's involvement in addition to Myah Marie assuming the lead vocalist role lead to its inevitable failure. With Britney literally pushed into the background, as her own voice gets drowned out by layers upon layers of auto-tuned noise - one can draw a clear parallel between Britney Jean, the album, and Britney's personal life in which moments when her real voice is truly heard are hard to come by."

Final Verdict: Average

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
    Yes, they released the best tracks. But I wish they released Alien as the third single. I bet GP would have loved it.

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
    Chilling with you (1/5) It's great that she recorded a song with her sister, and I like the song but somehow I found some of the lyrics cringy. 

3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
    It's hard to say as a whole because there's some great songs but at the same time some of them are really bad. I'd say 2/5 but mainly because of songs like Tik Tik and Body Ache.

4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
    Perfume, even if it's butchered and kind of boring, I love the fact that she imagined herself being the girlfriend instead of the other girl. Also Britney look really good in the video. And it's a very "cheated on" mature song I think.

5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?
    The album is not what everyone expected as it was mistankenly marketed as "personnal" where it's not really. The whole Myah Marie drama has put a really bad image on the record but some songs are still very good and let's not forget how Work ***** became iconic. 

Overall sound: 3/5 (although I'd say 3.5/3.8 would be more accurate)

Physical outlook: 5/5. I don't care what anyone says, I love the album cover and the album photoshoot was gorgeous.

Top 3 songs: Alien, Work *****, Perfume

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - Well even though the album wasn't spectacular by any means it did deserve more than two singles. Work ***** and Perfume were good choices. Alien should have been the third single, then Til It's Gone as the fourth single. Tik Tik Boom could have potentially worked as well.
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - Chillin' With You, 1.8/5. It's a shame because Britney and Jamie Lynn doing a song together sounds amazing on paper but they could have come up with something better. The song's instrumental in the verses had potential but the chorus is awful and does not make sense and the lyrics are cringeworthy. 
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 3.8/5, borderline 4. I actually do think they made a bit of effort with the lyrics on this album, as this was supposed to be Britney's most 'personal album' yet. There is quite a lot of songs on the album, that I will admit, were well written and can be interpreted to be personal songs Britney herself can relate to. Such as Alien, Perfume, Passenger etc. What lets this down is the lyrics in some songs such as Tik Tik Boom and Body Ache - neither of these songs seem very personal to me. It's fine to have at least one song about love/partying on a 'personal' album I guess but idk, the lyrics overall on this album lack cohesiveness which is a shame because there are some personal songs on this album as I pointed out.
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - Work *****, 4.8/5, probably even a 5 if I was to rewatch it again now lol. It's a brilliant video and now I feel like it's up there with Britney's classic videos (such as Baby, Slave, Toxic etc.) as one of her best videos. I think it will stand the test of time.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - This album is not as bad as it's made out to be by Britney's fans, but I still don't rate this album highly. It's a shame because in regards to the 'personal' theme, the album had potential with some really introspective songs such as Alien and Perfume, but what let it down is the lack of cohesiveness, robotic EDM (It Should Be Easy) and the controversy over Britney's vocals on the album. However, there are still some decent songs on the album so it's worth listening to to judge for yourself.

Sound: 2/5 (I mean, duh..) :ohi:

Physical Outlook: 5/5 (probably my favorite album cover) :)

3 Fave Songs: Perfume, Don't Cry, Hold on Tight

Singles: Umm, "Work Bish" was the obvious choice for a lead single even though I hate that song with a passion. "Perfume" was a really weird choice however and it almost feels like they just went for it because Sia wrote it and she was known for writing hits left and right for literally everyone from Beyonce to Rihanna. I don't know what I would have done though, there's literally no other single worthy songs. Some of the dancefloor "bangers" maybe could have worked in like 2010 but they are way too trashy and cringy to have had any kind of impact on the charts.

Worst Song: Umm, most of them. But worst of the worst is either "Now That I Found You" or "It Should Be Easy". The latter for its awful lyrics and the presence of will.he.not, the former because it's just an awful Avicii ripoff. Both are literally 0/0.

Favorite MV: Omg, there's too many to choose from, I can't pick. :brit2016:

Short Review: A weird jumbled mess of emotional ballads alongside trashy, dated and generic dancefloor bangers and even religious anthems that fails to deliver anything actually "personal". 

As I've been doing for the past 2 album reviews, I will edit the tracklist to make the album a 5/5. :) Here goes:

Britney Jean - EP

1. Perfume
  2. Don't Cry
  3. Hold on Tight
  4. ******* [Bonus Track]
  5. Radar (The Dreaming Mix) [Bonus Track]

:ohreallylol:

14 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

The moment has finally arrived  :yesokay:

BRITNEY JEAN

(Shortened the quote) Very well said, Will.i.am always did/do (idk) this EDM autotuned music, i heard some songs from his album and it is the same as BJ production (the album included also Scream & Shout) but some tracks didn't have that "visible" autotune. also the Myah mess, i think that the album was just rushed to have some [new] material for POM residency, i might be wrong but that's how i see it. Glad that Britney took more time for Glory and i can't wait for that album to rank. i really like Glory :) . 

4 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Not always. Listen to the early BEP stuff.

Thanks for info, i will give it a try :)  edit: playing right now, and actually it is pretty good (atm im listening to Lost Change album) maybe the EDM trend that was going on for looong time changed his production, not only his imo. 

18 minutes ago, Vaseknavy said:

Thanks for info, i will give it a try :)  edit: playing right now, and actually it is pretty good (atm im listening to Lost Change album) maybe the EDM trend that was going on for looong time changed his production, not only his imo. 

Yeah he definitely did not start as an EDM producer. He produced songs for other artists long before that.

Also, you should listen to the stuff he did with Cheryl as that's actually petty good.

Overall sound: 2/5 :nyheadache: 

DISASTER. It's a 2 because I love the ballads but everything else is a mess.

Physical Outlook: 5/5 - Probably the best thing about this album. I love the cover and the neon sign. The photoshoot is beautiful and personal, which I loved because it's not the typical **** photoshoot and it matches the "this is my most personal album ever" theme. And you can actually see the photos :mcorangu: 

Top 3: 

1. Perfume
  2. Don't Cry
  3. Hold On Tight

While everyone hates "Perfume", I think it's one of the best songs on the album. :bedtime: But honestly, I love all the ballads from this album and they probably are the only good thing about it. 

• Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?: Yeah, of course. They were the perfect choices. Maybe I would have released Till It's Gone sas  the 2nd single, then Perfume as the 3rd and Alien as the last one. 

• Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5: Chilling With You and Body Ache 1/5
  • How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5: 4/5. I thinkthe album has really good and personal lyrics. Of course it's not perfect but, for example, I think they are waaaaay better than Glory's lyrics.
  • Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5: Perfume. The original version would have been much more interesting but I like the official video. It's far from being one of her best videos but it's ok. On the other side, I've never liked WB music video.
  • If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?: Myah Marie debut album with background vocals by the legenday miss Britney Spears and ruined by a terrible production by Will.i.am. 

I’m not going to answer all the questions cause I don’t got time for that. (Don’t worry @ILikeChillinWithYou still love and respect you girl). 

I gave the album 1 star b/c it’s pretty much trash and was just unnecessary. I still cannot fathom how her team (aka me) could think that fans would not find out that Britney barely sang on the record.

My favourite songs (and this was hard) are WB, Perfume and Passenger. I think WB as others users have mentioned, did a good job at starting an unnecessary era. It’s also pretty iconic nowadays and is a great motivator during workouts lol. Perfume is pretty good ballad in my opinion. It had potential, it’s just the **** music video that ruined it. I don’t think it’s her best ballad by any means, but it’s decent. As for passenger, despite being a KP reject and knee not even singing on it, it would have done pretty well on the charts. From beginning to end, it’s listenable (that’s not even a word) and it adds some more dimension to the record.

I refuse to listen to anything else on this record so that’s that. 

Personally, this **** of a record should have been an EP to introduce Vegas. But her team (me) will never learn I guess.:bedtime:

My fave album EVER!

1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest
3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)
Trinity:
Now That I Found You (Fave song of ALL time)
Til It's Gone
Brightest Morning Star

Top 5:
Passenger
Work *****

Top 10:
Hold On Tight
Don't Cry
Alien
Tik Tik Boom ft. T.I
Perfume

Rounding out the rest 3:
Body Ache
It Should Be Easy ft. will.i.am
Chillin' With You ft. Jamie Lynn Spears

This album legit saved my life...D446tUQWsAAdnSb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

4 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Well I'd like to hear more on this :tehe:

Well I wouldn't mind but I'm tired of defending this damn album and being threatened/**** on so what would the point be? More threats? More hate? more shady *** snarkiness?

It's absolutley disgusting how this site hell 97% of this base treats not only the artist they claim to "love' but other stans who may or may not have the same opinion... it's one thing to say "that's weird that you like the song Pretty Girls... why is that?" rather than "**** you ***** for liking something that doesn't even sound like Britney and what weird lame *** taste you have, god you are trash just like your tastes, right guys? let's gang up on one person/few peeps who most of us disagree with!"
and then we have someone like kinganthony who takes his own life and all of a sudden it's ZOMG WHY HE LOOKED HAPPY ZOMFG WOW I LIKED HIM WHY WOULD HE DO THIS?

It's like take a long hard look in the f#cking mirror...
It's toxic and gross the way this base treats peeps and then wonders why peeps are quiet or worse...

I dislike Blackout, it's my least fave but I'm not running around screaching at everyone who likes it...
Maybe if we all took the time to understand WHY and have some empathy on peeps lives/tastes we could, you know maybe evolve beyond what we currently are...

1 minute ago, Anticonformity said:

Well I wouldn't mind but I'm tired of defending this damn album and being threatened/**** on so what would the point be? More threats? More hate? more shady *** snarkiness?

It's absolutley disgusting how this site hell 97% of this base treats not only the artist they claim to "love' but other stans who may or may not have the same opinion... it's one thing to say "that's weird that you like the song Pretty Girls... why is that?" rather than "**** you ***** for liking something that doesn't even sound like Britney and what weird lame *** taste you have, god you are trash just like your tastes, right guys? let's gang up on one person/few peeps who most of us disagree with!"
and then we have someone like kinganthony who takes his own life and all of a sudden it's ZOMG WHY HE LOOKED HAPPY ZOMFG WOW I LIKED HIM WHY WOULD HE DO THIS?

It's like take a long hard look in the f#cking mirror...
It's toxic and gross the way this base treats peeps and then wonders why peeps are quiet or worse...

I dislike Blackout, it's my least fave but I'm not running around screaching at everyone who likes it...
Maybe if we all took the time to understand WHY and have some empathy on peeps lives/tastes we could, you know maybe evolve beyond what we currently are...

I get what you mean 100%. But please, treat this thread as a safe place you can share whatever you feel about the album without getting dragged inside out. I am open to see more people's opinions, hence why I made this series of album evaluations. So please oblige to share with me your true feeling Britney Jean and why the album is so special to you. I'd love to hear that :kiss:

Blackout is overrated 

;)

1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I get what you mean 100%. But please, treat this thread as a safe place you can share whatever you feel about the album without getting dragged inside out. I am open to see more people's opinions, hence why I made this series of album evaluations. So please oblige to share with me your true feeling Britney Jean and why the album is so special to you. I'd love to hear that :kiss:

Hide contents

Blackout is overrated 

;)

Well, basically a lil background (I've been a dancer/choreographer pretty much my entire life, like Britney is what inspired me legit)

I was diagnosed with Anorexia back in the first part of the decade and the recovery process has been hell (Anoreixa is THE deadliest mental illness, peeps with it are also 23X more likely to commit suicide than the rest of peeps) so when this album was coming out I was actually in the hospital for when Britney appeared on GMA to announce Vegas etc and so I watched that with sadness, seeing as here I am fighting this and in a hospital bed. So between Drs. and (not lawyers!) therapists I was not able to be fully "present" for the release, clearly my mind was elsewhere. Then it leaked at the end of November and I was in a dark place (I had restrictions placed on me, many tests (wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours to see how low my heartrate was getting, 28 BPM etc) intense therapy in and out of the office, etc) lyrically this album spoke to me and yes I know like "HOW DOES TIK TIK BOOM SPEAK TO" me during all this lol yeah it's not eveyr song but almost every single one did and particularly Now That I Found You which is why I now have "And You Don't Know How You Saved My Life" tattooed on my arm. 
ANyway, I was cutting, wanting to die, trying my hardest to "get better" etc and this album gave me hope...
The danceable songs (Work ***** (which actually became "You wanna recover? rediscover? you better work *****!), Body Ache, Til It's Gone, Tik Tik Boom etc...) were also the ones that gave me hope to get back to slaying the dancefloor/studio.
The verses in NTIFY were like OMG THAT'S ME and then Til It's Gone just hit my soul with "I try every night to turn the page, but daylight can confine me to a cage" which is exactly how recovery was/is.
Anyway, it got me through my roughest periods (having surgery :( ) etc and has been a staple in my life, like you have no idea.
I am in a better place now, I will always battle this disease and have suffered consequences because of it and have bad days, but between myself/family/dance/music (particularly this album) I have hope...

(The "you" in Now That I Found You, is actually myself, almost like a Girl In The Mirror story lol but it's true, I had to find out who I truly am to get to a place to "live my life... see the light... come alive...")

42 minutes ago, Anticonformity said:

Well, basically a lil background (I've been a dancer/choreographer pretty much my entire life, like Britney is what inspired me legit)

I was diagnosed with Anorexia back in the first part of the decade and the recovery process has been hell (Anoreixa is THE deadliest mental illness, peeps with it are also 23X more likely to commit suicide than the rest of peeps) so when this album was coming out I was actually in the hospital for when Britney appeared on GMA to announce Vegas etc and so I watched that with sadness, seeing as here I am fighting this and in a hospital bed. So between Drs. and (not lawyers!) therapists I was not able to be fully "present" for the release, clearly my mind was elsewhere. Then it leaked at the end of November and I was in a dark place (I had restrictions placed on me, many tests (wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours to see how low my heartrate was getting, 28 BPM etc) intense therapy in and out of the office, etc) lyrically this album spoke to me and yes I know like "HOW DOES TIK TIK BOOM SPEAK TO" me during all this lol yeah it's not eveyr song but almost every single one did and particularly Now That I Found You which is why I now have "And You Don't Know How You Saved My Life" tattooed on my arm. 
ANyway, I was cutting, wanting to die, trying my hardest to "get better" etc and this album gave me hope...
The danceable songs (Work ***** (which actually became "You wanna recover? rediscover? you better work *****!), Body Ache, Til It's Gone, Tik Tik Boom etc...) were also the ones that gave me hope to get back to slaying the dancefloor/studio.
The verses in NTIFY were like OMG THAT'S ME and then Til It's Gone just hit my soul with "I try every night to turn the page, but daylight can confine me to a cage" which is exactly how recovery was/is.
Anyway, it got me through my roughest periods (having surgery :( ) etc and has been a staple in my life, like you have no idea.
I am in a better place now, I will always battle this disease and have suffered consequences because of it and have bad days, but between myself/family/dance/music (particularly this album) I have hope...

(The "you" in Now That I Found You, is actually myself, almost like a Girl In The Mirror story lol but it's true, I had to find out who I truly am to get to a place to "live my life... see the light... come alive...")

Oh My God that's a really sweet story, I'm so glad you're doing so much better than what you experienced back in the day :makeitrain: It's okay to express your opinions even if it's different from others. Don't let others tear you down. Haters gonna hate but keep moving forward :kiss: If you got this far, you can conquer anything! Wishing you all the very best in the future :clap:

Archived