Can Urban Outfitters seriously HURRY TF UP

gzimmy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Be happy that UO is even selling them lmao...Britney's team suck at this. They should have been released at the time the CD went in stores especially BOMT and Oops...

Back in 1999 and 2000 vinyl was considered dead and something our parents listened to. Also most teenagers of that day (myself included) didn’t have record players or turn tables to play it on. CD’s were our musical format of the day and we were happy with it. Vinyl has now made a huge resurgence and older millennials like me have caught on that vinyl sounds better.

1 minute ago, Britneysfreak said:

I have the same feeling because her first 4 albums were the most successful of her career and have her most well known signature hits on them.

I hope that is incorrect. I hope they press atleast up until Femme. IDC about Britney Joan. 

24 minutes ago, Britneysfreak said:

Back in 1999 and 2000 vinyl was considered dead and something our parents listened to. Also most teenagers of that day (myself included) didn’t have record players or turn tables to play it on. CD’s were our musical format of the day and we were happy with it. Vinyl has now made a huge resurgence and older millennials like me have caught on that vinyl sounds better.

Madonna went on to release her albums on Vinyl. I mean, even Britney's albums were available on CASSETTE and that was dead WAY before vinyl was + her singles got the vinyl treatment up till Outrageous....

43 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Madonna went on to release her albums on Vinyl. I mean, even Britney's albums were available on CASSETTE and that was dead WAY before vinyl was + her singles got the vinyl treatment up till Outrageous....

How were cassettes dead in 2001? I had my first walkman maybe in 2001 with a CD, all I listened to before were cassettes :mcorangu:

1 hour ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Rihanna has also released her albums on vinyl but vinyl has also made a big comeback though. And believe me if 8 track ever made a comeback expect to see every major artist including Britney released on that format too.

And in regards to Madonna her first album was released in 1983 and Like A Prayer in 1989 so her first 4 albums were released in the 80’s while vinyl was still hot and by the time Erotica was released most people abandoned vinyl for CDs.

Cassettes in the late 90’s and early 2000’s were dying a slow death much like CD’s are now due to streaming and digital sales. And a lot of people opted for the cassette tapes because they were cheaper than the CD.

I still have my Oops! cassette and I vaguely remember seeing the Britney album on cassette but after around 2002 I stopped seeing cassette tapes altogether.

Are you sure all of her singles received the vinyl treatment up until outrageous? Because I’ve been searching for anything “Britney vinyl” for years and I’ve seen various singles on vinyl but not all (I still want to buy the BOMT single on vinyl but it’s usually not available or too pricey). I think some of her singles were pressed on vinyl specifically for the use of DJ’s and the night club scene, I don’t think they were ever meant for mass consumerism.

1 hour ago, gzimmy said:

I hope that is incorrect. I hope they press atleast up until Femme. IDC about Britney Joan. 

I hope so too but not just because I’m a completist but because like most of you I want Blackout as well. I already have Glory but having Britney on vinyl would be amazing enough because it’s my favorite Britney album and because everything about that era is special to me because I saw her live for the first time (DWAD tour) and she was on point in every way and exceeded all my expectations.

2 hours ago, Britneysfreak said:

I have the same feeling because her first 4 albums were the most successful of her career and have her most well known signature hits on them.

yeah exactly: plus I feel like UO is going for that "nostalgia" and "hip early 2000s" vibe that her post ITZ albums don't have

sadly Blackout isn't really known by the GP and just has more of a cult following

Archived