Do we know what happened between Britney and Madonna?

ColdAsFire89

She used to idealize her and look up to her. Then they worked together and kissed. She still was talking good about her and was honored to have her on her record. 

Then she was already distancing herself and just appreciated her work and achievements (2005-2007)

M. Was on FTR and Britney was kinda being fake as they aren’t really friends

Then 2016 to completely „avoid“ her. I know it’s a game but still.

1zv7ift.png

https://i68.tinypic.com/1zv7ift.png

1zv7ift.png

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

She used to idealize her and look up to her. Then they worked together and kissed. She still was talking good about her and was honored to have her on her record. 

Then she was already distancing herself and just appreciated her work and achievements (2005-2007)

M. Was on FTR and Britney was kinda being fake as they aren’t really friends

Then 2016 to completely „avoid“ her. I know it’s a game but still.

1zv7ift.png

Don't forget all the Kabbalah thing. But at the end of the day, I think Britney knew Madonna and saw it was not the person she idealized. Even when her real idol was Janet.

10 minutes ago, rik said:

It had a lot to do with Kabbalah; Britney was only 21/22 when she took interest in it for spirituality sake. When asked in the Matt Lauer interview if she still kept in contact with her she said no, and stated that her baby was her 'religion'. I think Madonna got kind of annoyed with Britney because she wasn't taking it seriously. 

I don't think they were ever particularly close though, even in the ITZ DVD she mocks tabloids that call them 'hot new best friends'. They had a performance and a song together, at most I would just say they were colleagues more than anything. From what we've seen recently, with the videos of Britney dancing to Maddona songs with her niece and Madonna performing Toxic on her birthday, it's clear that there isn't any bad blood between them. 

Exactly. All the 'friendship' with Madonna was just a PR stunt to promote ITZ and Me Against The Music. Britney loved Madonna and she was one of her inspirations but her real idol was/is Janet Jackson. 

When they worked together, they met and established certain comunication but they were never friends or the real meaning of friends AT ALL. Britney was so young and looking for answers (like everyone else at her age) in the middle of her chaotic fame, she started reading and got interested in a lot of spiritual stuff. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I remember reading or watching some interview which Britney told, Madonna called her or they were talking on the phone, because media was attacking Britney and she felt lost, so Madonna adviced her to join the Kabbalah. Britney joined and even got a Kabbalah related tattoo, but she realized it was not her thing (very soon). I guess, she felt interested because of the spiritual thing but she was not into that 'lifestyle'. So, she stopped it. And later, she said: "My baby is my religion". The media reported some kind of bullshit like 'Kabbalah ends Britney & Madonna's friendship', but let's be real... there were not friendship.

They have respect for each other, I guess.

48 minutes ago, RealLarryRudolph said:

Me against the music flopped and Britney wasn’t having it after that:gloss:

It didn't flop, it was a worldwide hit and spent 4 weeks at #1 on Global chart (Media traffic). Yes, it was #35 in US but it's not the only country in the world you know:endit:

She realized how fake Madonna was. :yaknow: Sorry, truth isn't pretty. But that's more than likely why she suddenly turned "fake" or colder come FTR; she was just playing Madge's opportunistic game. Aside from the fact that she was going through a lot of ****.

Britney didn’t post that beyonce/ Madonna pic. That’s some strategic team britney post. 

I really don’t believe Madonna was her favorite artist. She just stuck to that narrative because Madonna was the first big artist to reach out to her (to stay in the public eye) and show love to Britney. 

I think Britney looks up to her and they get along but wouldn't madonna be a dangerous person to have around? She could literally buy team B and she's known for being extremely outspoken. If she saw something wrong she'd put them on blast. Also she's said she doesn't like working with people that have egos so that could be a reason they haven't been seen together in like a decade

I think Madonna is the type of personality that is just way too intense for someone like Britney - especially with her current situation. Back in 2003 she was kind of taking on a more outspoken, mature and confident public image, so I guess that's potentially why she connected with Madonna back then. The truth is, aside from music, there's really not much that they have in common (at least on the surface).

7 hours ago, Alexa said:

I think Madonna is the type of personality that is just way too intense for someone like Britney - especially with her current situation. Back in 2003 she was kind of taking on a more outspoken, mature and confident public image, so I guess that's potentially why she connected with Madonna back then. The truth is, aside from music, there's really not much that they have in common (at least on the surface).

I agree. I'd was just more like a colleague. they played it as if they're friends. Britney is more down to earth and keeps it real. whereas she's always been more isolated and never made real friends in the celeb world to be honest

This is dumb. Britney still mentions Madonna and Madonna still mentions Britney.  Isn't there an instagram video of Britney listening to Madonna and I know Madonna covered Toxic recently.

If you're talking about 'friendship', Britney has NO real Hollywood close friends and never really had any.

Madonna and Paris Hilton were casual friends ,people she hung out with for a moment, but there was nothing that made me think they were close friends.

5 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

This is dumb. Britney still mentions Madonna and Madonna still mentions Britney.  Isn't there an instagram video of Britney listening to Madonna and I know Madonna covered Toxic recently.

If you're talking about 'friendship', Britney has NO real Hollywood close friends and never really had any.

Madonna and Paris Hilton were casual friends ,people she hung out with for a moment, but there was nothing that made me think they were close friends.

this actually.

Archived