Do we know what happened between Britney and Madonna?

ColdAsFire89

I like to read through the comments and see all the “insider info” into a relationship we have no idea about.  All we publically know is that they recorded a track, performed at the VMA’s and talk highly of each other.  That’s literally about it.  Just leave it at that, they like each other and that’s a plus lol

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happened ! Madge moved to Lisbon and is busy with her kids and now her album ...

We all know how much she works hard on her music and she is doing that now, he new album seems to be perfect as always with new sounds and great production.. 

Madonna loves Britney and of all singers Britney and Madonna will always have a special relationship even when they're apart .. they always mention each other on Instagram or interviews.. Madonna always brings her up in interviews or even TOURS !!! 

Madonna doesn't care about Britney or any other singers. She did duet with Britney back then just because Britney was popular. She is using current popular singers for attention. Just like Maluma. Also I don't think that Britney idolizing Madge. Her idol was Janet. Media did it that way. Brit and her team followed this story. 

11 hours ago, rik said:

It had a lot to do with Kabbalah; Britney was only 21/22 when she took interest in it for spirituality sake. When asked in the Matt Lauer interview if she still kept in contact with her she said no, and stated that her baby was her 'religion'. I think Madonna got kind of annoyed with Britney because she wasn't taking it seriously. 

I don't think they were ever particularly close though, even in the ITZ DVD she mocks tabloids that call them 'hot new best friends'. They had a performance and a song together, at most I would just say they were colleagues more than anything. From what we've seen recently, with the videos of Britney dancing to Maddona songs with her niece and Madonna performing Toxic on her birthday, it's clear that there isn't any bad blood between them. 

Exactly. I think Britney always saw Madonna as an inspiration and someone she looked up to (and she probably still does and still listens to her music). But she was never ‘friends’ or super close with her. At the end of the day she was just someone she worked with.

After finally meeting her and working with her in ‘03 it appears Britney’s fondness and adoration for Madonna changed. The few times they worked together after was just business. Looks like a classic case of the saying  “never meet your idol” No shade whatsoever but Britney’s whole stage persona especially on the dwad tour is very Janet Jackson tribute like not sure why Jive chose Madonna to market her after and not Janet. The only thing she and Madonna have in common is they’re white and blonde oh wait...:jj:

After her breakdown and erratic phase (and kabalah and stuff), Britney became a Christian again. I'm sure she's aware of Madonna's somewhat dark presence. No, I'm not implying she's evil or Illuminati or anything, but you have to wonder about many of the times she's made her point as a proud satanic witch keen to dark symbolism.

I say Britney is scared of her and/or anyone who comes across as "dark". :(

6 hours ago, Hestia said:

After her breakdown and erratic phase (and kabalah and stuff), Britney became a Christian again. I'm sure she's aware of Madonna's somewhat dark presence. No, I'm not implying she's evil or Illuminati or anything, but you have to wonder about many of the times she's made her point as a proud satanic witch keen to dark symbolism.

I say Britney is scared of her and/or anyone who comes across as "dark". :(

LOL

I think they respect each other work a lot, and they enjoy it too. 

On a personnal note I think that they don't really fit well together. They're not the same kind of person. In 2003 Britney was probably very impressed to spend time with her and after that they don't have a lot in common. 
OR Britney is still speachless when she meets her and that can't lead to a friendship lol 

Madonna said in 'Elle' magazine (February '01) :

“But what about all the young girls coming up behind you, filling the magazines and the movies with their prettiness?” I say.

“Oh,” says Madonna, slitting her eyes like a cat, “they’ll get old and wrinkled and die, too.”

the main 'pop' girls back then where Britney, Aguilera and Beyonce. Imagine how evil a person is if he or she says the above quote without even thinking it would get backlash.. They were never friends. Britney was her safe choice after the 'American Life' fiasco and her pseudo-revolutionary persona. The way to be relevant again to the media and general public, screaming 'look at ME!' 'I am ******, young, fresh like them!' 

Britney grew up idolising Madonna and Jackson that is why she talked of them as if they were super-heroes.. Sadly, they used her for their own gain..Madonna after B ditched Quaballah never said anything kind. There were rumors that when B was at the height of the paparazzi chase, the all- too-knowing Madonna said that she couldn’t stand her because of that and that she should use her ‘fame’ factor to make the world a better place.. yea, right! As she did in LAV and ‘Erotica/***’ eras.. look who is talking. I believe that Britney knows how evil she is.   

On 5/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, rik said:

It had a lot to do with Kabbalah; Britney was only 21/22 when she took interest in it for spirituality sake. When asked in the Matt Lauer interview if she still kept in contact with her she said no, and stated that her baby was her 'religion'. I think Madonna got kind of annoyed with Britney because she wasn't taking it seriously. 

I don't think they were ever particularly close though, even in the ITZ DVD she mocks tabloids that call them 'hot new best friends'. They had a performance and a song together, at most I would just say they were colleagues more than anything. From what we've seen recently, with the videos of Britney dancing to Maddona songs with her niece and Madonna performing Toxic on her birthday, it's clear that there isn't any bad blood between them. 

Madonna also performed Toxic during a Tears of a Clown show back in 2015 with her Rebek Heart tour

1 hour ago, rik said:

what... sir, michael did not need britney to seem relevant during that time

they just performed together, he released his last record that year and was a daily tabloid target by then

i mean relevant to that era and year - 2001- i think. MJ was the same for years that is, his style, costumes, dancing, clothes,glove. As if he was a 'live' museum of pop.

2 hours ago, pop analyst said:

But what about all the young girls coming up behind you, filling the magazines and the movies with their prettiness?” I say.

“Oh,” says Madonna, slitting her eyes like a cat, “they’ll get old and wrinkled and die, too.”

the main 'pop' girls back then where Britney, Aguilera and Beyonce. Imagine how evil a person is if he or she says the above quote without even thinking it would get backlash..

What's evil about that statement?:wtfdidusay: Isn't that normal to get wrinkles and die at some point?

I'm not custom to share space with vampires, so... Are U Peter Pan or sth? 

I would say that interviewer was kinda weird, cuz who else than younger folks are coming up behind you. That prettiness part :wtf: PFFFFFF :deadbanana:

I don't know if Madge is evil, I believe that She's quite cold :idkney:and a user maybe.

Love Erotica :flawfree:

21 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

Madonna doesn't care about Britney or any other singers. She did duet with Britney back then just because Britney was popular. She is using current popular singers for attention. Just like Maluma. Also I don't think that Britney idolizing Madge. Her idol was Janet. Media did it that way. Brit and her team followed this story. 

YEP! :mhm:

On 5/12/2019 at 2:54 AM, Dreamer26 said:

Madonna loves Britney. She stood up for her back in 00s when Britney bashing was at its most popular. until 2007, and then Madonna again stood up for her. Dedicated What It Feels Like For A Girl to her. Then had Britney feature on Human Nature as another **** You to the media. By 2015, when most people had forgotten Britney and she was asked if she would like to work with Britney again, she said absolutely, love Britney. 

Britney actually used Madonna to get the label to release MATM as a single. 

I don't think they were ever really "friends" in the true meaning of the word. They respect each other, obviously Madonna is one of Britney's inspirations and idols and Madonna always had great things to say about Britney too and that's it. It's not like they hang out together or go to Starbucks together or whatever. But that doesn't mean there's bad blood between them.

I think Britney in general doesn't really "like" famous people. She never had a big friend from those circles...

I remember Madonna in a talk show in 2007 making fun of Britney's upskirts back then, something about her panties.

Also when Britney talked about many divas in the industry back in 2016, for some reason I immediately thought about Madonna, I think that's who she was talking about, since Madonna is incredibly smart and good at what she does but she's not known for a kind personality. Never meet your idols, as they say. Madonna was a God for Britney until they worked together and since then they barely talk about each other. We'll never know for sure though.

Archived