Britney's interview with Diane Sawyer: Two things to discuss.

I know it's a very old interview and it's been discussed multiple times but, it's still hard to watch it. I have two points to discuss about it.

• This woman was such a ***** with Britney and supported a lot of savage and awful things, so how did that woman keep on working in TV? For example, she seemed to justify the ****** way Justin Timberlake chose to humiliate Britney in the radio station, claiming he had *** with her. It's crazy to thing about it nowadays. But t's even crazier when you realized she justified the woman who said she would shoot Britney. She justified it because Britney was a 'bad example for kids'. So yeah, to promote violence or justify it, is a better example for kids. For sure.

• This unfamous Britney interview is featured in all of her conspiracy videos because of her 'bizarre' or weird behaviour. Do you really think Britney acted that weird during this interview? I always thought she was just nervous, anxious and with a lot of presure after that woman started to try humiliating her in national tv.  :watrusayin:

And now, they're all keeping up with the Kardashians.:likethat:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane Sawyer? Dislike that woman along with Matt Lauer :begone:

As for the interview, it was a really sad period of her life, and when that woman listed out everything she did wrong at the time, from not acknowledging her fans at the Crossroads premiere to leaving the DWAD show when it rained, she was bound to get even more sad and eventually, cry  :icant2: 

But we would be blessed to have an open interview like that now :bpout: Everything has to be screened and rehearsed post 2008

8 hours ago, rik said:

i don't think diane sawyer, a legendary news reporter, was going to lose her job over this lmfao

they were general questions about what was going on in her life and allowed her to expose her vulnerability to the world, thus putting a face to everything that had happened

you're really reaching 

Or you didn't understand my point. I don't say she deserved to lose her job because of her interview to Britney Spears. But someone with that morals or values in life, should not be promoting them in national tv. That's my point. Sadly, that's the common thing and everyone is shocked when bad things happend. 

2 hours ago, Kiey said:

That kind of grueling interviews would get so much backlash nowadays.

It's like back then people have no concept of personal privacy in journalism. And ask questions that are just rude and unnecessary.

Exactly. At the end of the day, journalism is trash most of the times. You can't show this to a 21 years old and try to explain why that woman said that. She should've condemned it.

9 hours ago, rik said:

i don't think diane sawyer, a legendary news reporter, was going to lose her job over this lmfao

they were general questions about what was going on in her life and allowed her to expose her vulnerability to the world, thus putting a face to everything that had happened

you're really reaching 

Diane was a ***** and this interview was problematic 

21 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

All I can say is that it was a different (worse) time. America was less accepting of people openly expressing their sexuality and so those that did it fearlessly like Britney were always criticized and looked down upon. I hate Diane Sawyer just as much as I hate Matt Lauer and any other ********* who treated Britney like dirt back then. The worst parts of the interview, imo, are (in no particular order:

1) Diane asking Britney whether she likes her own voice + the Christina shade from whoever put together the footage

Like, how rude can you get??? Would you ask a news reporter if they like their own reports?? :jj: Would you ask a carpenter whether they like the furniture they create? :jj: Would you ask a baker whether they like their cakes? :jj:

This question is rude and disrespectful. All voices are unique, different, and beautiful.

2) Diane asking Britney "what happened to your clothes??!!" and holding pictures that were all basically beautiful artsy & tasteful photoshoots and looked so mild in comparison to what girls do now!! Would Diane go on national TV now and question Kim Kardashian like that?? "What happened to your clothes? Why do you flash your **** and butt all the time?"

3) **** this hag, her fake *** smile and the sheer condescension.

4) The Touch of My Hand reaction. BIIIITTTTTTTTCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Diane's reaction is sooooooooooo DUMB!!! Britney basically breaking down her most beautiful song and explaining it in a really cute way. NO ONE could make a song about ************ sound so tasteful, classy, and beautiful.

5) Diane is such a f**king ***** here:

Sacred???

AND THAT'S SACRED???!!!!!!

BITTTTTTCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm glad I don't have to watch this hag on TV anymore

Exactly. She was not doing her job, she was attacking a 21 years old in national tv. Britney was really nervous and it's normal. She was trying to make her look dumb or guilty. And excuse me, but that's not a professional, you're able to be critic but keep your respect for the person who is in front of you, first.

Britney was very polite with this woman, tho. So, the controversial and bad 21 years old role model ended up being classier than her. Good lesson.:sipney:

27 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Diane was a ***** and this interview was problematic 

This. I didn't mean this interview would've ended her career. But, it shows what type of journalist she is/was. 

And if that type of journalist is a 'legendary reporter'... excuse me, but what a shitty journalism have U.S.:tbh:

3 hours ago, Kiey said:

It's like back then people have no concept of personal privacy in journalism. And ask questions that are just rude and unnecessary.

I think it's the other way around.

Back then, journalists did their job. Now, there is no such thing as real journalism (apart from the odd smaller outlet like ProPublica).

3 hours ago, Kiey said:

if it was someone else like Aliah or some actress she would have been more respectful.

Somehow - Britney who is always nice to people gets this kind of treatment. Even Paris or Lindsay would get. it's kind of sad.

I heard this interview recently and it is so wrong on so many levels:

-auctioning off her virginity

- advising her to do a few guys before her marriage

- how much money do you have

- objectifying her

- don't button your jeans and let your underwear show

crazy times

47 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

if it was someone else like Aliah or some actress she would have been more respectful.

Somehow - Britney who is always nice to people gets this kind of treatment. Even Paris or Lindsay would get. it's kind of sad.

I heard this interview recently and it is so wrong on so many levels:

-auctioning off her virginity

- advising her to do a few guys before her marriage

- how much money do you have

- objectifying her

- don't button your jeans and let your underwear show

crazy times

Disgusting.

Archived