[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- Femme Fatale

How would you rate Britney's seventh album?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 02:45 AM

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
    Yes, but I wish we had a fifth single (Inside Out, Drop Dead,...) I also think that He About to loose me would have done better than Criminal.

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favorite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
    The worst imo is I wanna go, 3/5

3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
    It's probably the most generic album she did lyrically 2/5

4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
    Till the world ends, 4/5

5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?
    It's clearly a very cool album, well made to have fun. But it tries too hard to follow up on the Circus success that, even if it did have success, you feel that it was very much pushed that way. It felt very impersonnal right after Circus (but not as a whole in the discography). 

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?

Same as with Blackout and Circus yes and no. I think the singles were appropriate for the general public, great for radio, and got everyone buzzing. Hold It Against Me and Til The World Ends were were fun singles introducing the whole dubstep sound before it blew up. But for the fans I think there were better options for Britney than the ones we got... Inside Out and Trip To Your Heart were phenomenal and could have been released instead of Criminal. I Wanna Go was pretty generic in my opinion (as was most of the album).

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5

There are a few cringe worthy singles on Femme Fatale, but I think Big Fat Bass is the worst. It’s literally the same couple of words over and over and over, and then when we finally get some actual lyrics they’re too over produced. I’d give it a 1.5/5... I don’t know why they thought bringing Will back for Britney Jean was such a great idea after hearing this track. 

3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5

Honestly the album is a 2.5/5 for me. Lyrically Femme Fatale was not it. It was a pretty basic pop album that could have been released by anyone. Usually Britney’s songs have a certain vibe to them that as soon as you hear it you’re like “this is definitely Britney”. You can play any song off of this album and picture someone else in pop singing them, and with generic albums you get generic lyrics. I think the reason why Inside Out and Trip To Your Heart are in my top three is because they are probably the best lyrically. 

4. Which is your favorite video from then album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5

Hold It Against Me was easily the best video from this era (4.5/5). There were so many underlying messages in this video... the white dress scene where all the TVs have her old videos playing and she ultimately destroys them with the paint while tragically falling, being in the spotlight surrounded by cameras and microphones, and the iconic fight scene between Britney and herself. This video is amazing! The only reason why I didn’t give it a 5/5 was because it was clear Brit was not feeling this era or herself at the time. If she would have slayed this video and choreo like we all know she can, it would have been one of her best!

5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Femme Fatale: A fun and energetic, but generic, album with a pop/electronic sound ahead of it’s time. It proved that even when Britney doesn’t give 100% she’s still a superstar and still iconic. 

:overitkbye:

Questionnaire

1. Yes, I think the single choices were good:

• "Hold It Against Me" was a great choice for a lead single and got an amazing music video, but more on that later.
  • "Till The World Ends" is much more generic and repetitive than the previous single, but it's still a good and fun song.
  • "I Wanna Go" is a BOP. Like, the second most 'boppy' song Britney has ever made, right after "Brave New Girl". The video is great too, but there is a certain inconsistency with the special effects' quality (compare the microphone swinging scene to her dancing in the car - well-made and pretty realistic CGI vs. pretty cheap and easy to spot greenscreen).
  • "Criminal" was a good choice as a final single - it really stands out from all the other tracks and has a more innocent feel to it.

As many others have already pointed out, however, "Inside Out" should've been the fourth single, and then "Criminal" as the fifth one.

2. The worst song of Femme Fatale is definitely "Big Fat Bass". It has literally no lyrical substance whatsoever and the production is abrasive and, at times, messy. Right before will.i.am's verse, I don't like how ALL musical elements that have appeared in the song so far are mixed together, creating this one clusterf**k of sounds.

...Despite this, the song is still quite enjoyable for me, and it really makes me want to dance.

Rating: 3 / 5

3. This point will easily be the shortest. Lyrically, the album did poorly, because almost every song is about the same thing (either ***, going out and partying or both). There's not much to say, really. It's just not an interesting album, lyrically.

Rating: 2 / 5

4. My favourite video from this album is "Hold It Against Me" - it has a darker feel than other Britney videos and a more interesting concept. I love the scenes in the tower where she's wearing a huge gown and the fight scenes. I also think it's meant to say something about Britney's life / career... I don't know, but I've seen a theory about it in the video's comment section on YouTube.

Rating: 5 / 5

5. Femme Fatale shows Britney stepping into the realm of electropop once again, yet this time, to much different results. Miss Spears has given us more great dance-pop music at the sacrifice of her energy and personality this time, unfortunately.

Poll

1. I like the album's sound, since, as I said in my Blackout evaluation, dance-pop and electropop are some of my favourite music subgenres. Still, though, Femme Fatale is pretty generic with its sound and, unlike Blackout, doesn't do anything too interesting with it. Gladly, there are some songs that stand out from the rest, such as "Criminal", "Don't Keep Me Waiting", "How I Roll" or "Hold It Against Me" that keep the album from becoming too monotonous.

Rating: 4 / 5

2. I love the album's booklet - it has a very stylish, classy and calm feel to it. Britney looks fabulous, but, in some photos, tired. That's all I really have to say.

Rating: 5 / 5

3. My three favourite songs (in order) are:

1. "Hold It Against Me"
  2. "Criminal"
  3. "Trip To Your Heart"

Rating: 5 / 5 for all

5 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

My favourite video from this album is "Hold It Against Me" - it has a darker feel than other Britney videos and a more interesting concept. I love the scenes in the tower where she's wearing a huge gown and the fight scenes. I also think it's meant to say something about Britney's life / career... I don't know, but I've seen a theory about it in the video's comment section on YouTube.

The main idea behind the video is the rise, fall, and revival of Spears herself. The video begins when a meteoroid heads for Earth, and lights up a city when it finally lands, symbolizing Spears' entrance to fame and her skyrocketing career in the late 1990s as she became a household name. Spears is surrounded by cameras and lights, symbolizing her constantly being under the microscope and hounded by the media. She is seen rising up the cylinder-shaped metal room and her past music videos surround her, symbolizing her ever-growing career in the music industry. 

A pastiche of following scenes alternates between Spears dancing on the soundstage, singing with the microphones and a scene of just red lips, a reference to the opening shot of the 1975 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This begins to show her losing grip, reminiscent of her break down. When the breakdown starts, she begins to eject painting through IVs in her fingers, staining the room and the monitors, symbolizing her own fall as her name becomes tainted. Then, two versions of Spears, both wearing blue and red dresses with flowing trains, are seen fighting each other, another symbolism, this time of her fighting her inner demons. After this, both versions of Spears, as well as her on the wedding dress, fall exhausted to the ground, symbolizing the lowest point of her life during the breakdown. While interspersed scenes of Spears in the soundstage are shown, the other versions of herself start to wake up, showing her getting her feet back on the ground and making a comeback, refusing to give up. The final scene shows Spears dressed in a short black dress with her dancers in black on a stage, with confetti and pyrotechnics around them. In the final shot a question mark (?) appears in multicolored letters. This final scene shows her as she once was, a superstar who is back to reclaim her title. The video ends with the same multicolored lettering of a question mark, symbolizing the unknown that is to come.

-Wikipedia 

What you read in those youtube comments are true :hairflip:

The results are in. Thank you to everyone who voted and special appreciation for those who cared to comment their reviews. :kisses2all:

btw if anyone wanted to compare the scores with BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, Blackout, Circus or Femme Fatale scores, here are the links:

Have fun voting and answering in the Britney Jean evaluation! ;)

Archived