MET GALA 2019

ss0725

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

I know its camp but to me camp is extra, crazy and over top

What my photoshop? I actually put in thought about what would fit the theme and look nice.

Oh, it wasn’t a comment on your photoshop, it’s just the dresses are (intentionally) very over-the-top as you stated, and most people (apparently aside from myself) find that tacky. :dorkney:

But I actually really like all of your selections, especially the last one (although I don’t think it would be ideal for Britney’s body type since she’s short and doesn’t have super long legs; I think that’s part of the problem with her designer costumes—they always draw the prototype on a person representing a runway model):

31F8A6A400000578-3481560-_Dark_Angel_One

rebUzcR.png?1&key=d352fd3edbebd9605e24f6

These actually look really good here, but her body (despite being dream body goals) is nothing like this; it never could be regardless of how skinny and fit she is.

She is far more torso than legs, which is why leotards really don’t flatter her, but jumpsuits and pants with crop tops do. It baffles me designers don’t draw the costumes in a way that’s even remotely representative of whom they’re designing it for. :receipts2:

Aaand I just realized I went off on another tangent not even directed at you, so I’ll stop now. Sorry! 

Archived