Britney’s next album is the last one with RCA

burns

This is BS. After Britney Jean she signed a new contract with RCA for 4 more albums, I clearly remember this information from back then. The new contract was set to give her the control over 80% of her albums, which was evident in Glory. Most of that album was what Britney wanted it to be. Plus, it's been confirmed that Danja will be back for B10, and that can only be Britney's wish — her team hates that guy. Justin confirmed it himself. So the contract is not expiring, but it might be the case that they wanna drop her before it expires, which is still very good. We'll see what happens :mhm: 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2019 at 8:42 AM, jennyj said:

There's a difference though.  The old rumour was that she wants out, now this rumour is they want her out lol.

I doubt this new rumour is true, but I do want her to leave RCA and go independent or with a better label that actually cares for their artists. 

this only means that we wont have an album nor a single like in 2 years or so... if they waste all the work made with RCA...

anyhow those songs should be already outdated ... they started to work like 2 years ago already :notatall:

20 hours ago, Isla. said:

RCA are an awful label but this doesn't sound true at all. I don't think they'd want to let go of Britney that easily. And her contract was supposed to be for 4 more albums after BJ and she's only released one (Glory), I'm not sure how they could do a workaround on that.

IT could be a contract for 2 firm albums and 2 options which rca may not extend. 

Or britney could release b10, greatest hits and remix and glory. That’s four. 

Maybe this is a softer way of saying that RCA is dropping her.  With all that is going on with her, they may see her as a liability.  Who knows?  

If she gets out of the contract I am not sure what label would fit her best.   I doubt it would happen, but she could join Janet's indie label Rhythm Nation Records, and can pretty much have complete control over her own work.  

4 hours ago, vdez83 said:

Maybe this is a softer way of saying that RCA is dropping her.  With all that is going on with her, they may see her as a liability.  Who knows?  

If she gets out of the contract I am not sure what label would fit her best.   I doubt it would happen, but she could join Janet's indie label Rhythm Nation Records, and can pretty much have complete control over her own work.  

Liability? I mean, Chris brown is still with RCA... I think his behaviour or allegations or whatever would be considered a pretty big liability to any company.

16 hours ago, Kisle said:

Liability? I mean, Chris brown is still with RCA... I think his behaviour or allegations or whatever would be considered a pretty big liability to any company.

How’s it the same contract or anything? 

Britney clearly gets a large set amount of funding as seen with her music videos so she refuses to show they still have to pay the cost. 

8 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

How’s it the same contract or anything? 

Britney clearly gets a large set amount of funding as seen with her music videos so she refuses to show they still have to pay the cost. 

What does that have to do with being a liability based on her current situation for the label?

On 5/8/2019 at 1:11 AM, Kisle said:

What does that have to do with being a liability based on her current situation for the label?

A liability is when a persons behaviour or action will cause another’s to be disadvantaged. 

If britney gets the funds to release a music video to promote an album and can’t for whatever reason rca loses money that’s could have been spent elsewhere. This has happened before with the make me video. 

The profit margins are probably already thin, due to her star status. Her personal issues are irrelevant but it has damaged her professional life.

In contrast chris brown has PERSONAL issues but not really professional issues. He records songs, makes music videos and promotes.

8 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

A liability is when a persons behaviour or action will cause another’s to be disadvantaged. 

If britney gets the funds to release a music video to promote an album and can’t for whatever reason rca loses money that’s could have been spent elsewhere. This has happened before with the make me video. 

The profit margins are probably already thin, due to her star status. Her personal issues are irrelevant but it has damaged her professional life.

In contrast chris brown has PERSONAL issues but not really professional issues. He records songs, makes music videos and promotes.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to some sort of legal or reputation related liability. But since you mention it, in terms of a financial liability, Britney is a non issue. Artists don’t make money from recording and releasing music, they bank off of tours. Britney has not been a slouch in that regard.

Just say Britney is free out of the c-ship by the end of the year. I wonder what happens to all the contracts the c-ship signed? 

I wonder how this affects the RCA deal? If the rumour is true maybe they want to release an album later this year/next year knowing it is the last in the c-ship? 

8 hours ago, Forever22 said:

Just say Britney is free out of the c-ship by the end of the year. I wonder what happens to all the contracts the c-ship signed? 

I wonder how this affects the RCA deal? If the rumour is true maybe they want to release an album later this year/next year knowing it is the last in the c-ship? 

I can't know for sure but if she's free out of the c-ship and there's contracts the c-ship signed still going on, I think they need to re-sign them with Britney so new negociations, Britney being able not to sign them if she doesn't want to, ect.... 

OR

The c-ship signed contract have some special lines about what to do if Britney is free out of the c-ship and what will happen to the contract if she does. I guess for contracts like Vegas that wanted her under c-ship to signed, if she get free the contract is simply stopped I guess ? 

18 hours ago, Kisle said:

Sorry, I thought you were referring to some sort of legal or reputation related liability. But since you mention it, in terms of a financial liability, Britney is a non issue. Artists don’t make money from recording and releasing music, they bank off of tours. Britney has not been a slouch in that regard.

Artists aren’t record labels. The record label makes money of the sound recording , music videos e.t.c so she may be profiting but the label is losing money. This is why she may be dropped.

Archived