Britney’s next album is the last one with RCA

burns

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tthe team should know that everything after Circus was crap. I know you will go ham on me now, defending Femme Fatale. However, now in retrospect, we value it as it stands next to two underwhelming records released after it. Femme Fatale was soulless, even though it had bops. Could you even measure it with the previous records?

As for BJ, I won't even go there. As far as GLORY is concerned, come on, she made the hype when she had announced it as "artsy fartsy". Only Make Me stands out sonically and the fact that she ventured into a new territory with Change Your Mind and Coupe Electrique (she had a mask in rehearsals, meaning she probably could not recreate the lyrics, meaning she had not even sung it herself). So, tell me, don't you think a new label would offer some freshness? I just hope she is not 50 when B11 comes out... 

And, NO, I do not wish to hear a half-assed 10th album, even if it takes another 5 years. Don't rush it, stay well, stay focused, stay inspired. And no, I do not want Blackcout 2.0. Blackout was and should stay one of a kind. Conceptually, sonically, and circumstantially. 

B10 should have that Gaga collab, a JT collab, Panic At The Disco and, potentially, Ariana Grande. There. 

11 hours ago, Blackout93 said:

She could work with the best people ever but it wouldn’t change anything. Britney and her team are the problem. Record labels, producers, coreographers have been our excuses for over a decade. I think it’s pretty clear now who were the ones behind the mess that has been Britney’s career in the last 9-10 years. Nothing new or interesting will come until her situation has changed (is the grammar correct here? I never understood how “until” should be used.sorry). 

Yes, you used "until" correctly :saycheese:

8 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

THANK YOU.

The nonsensical unquestioning love for Femme Fatale here on exhale is the first thing I noticed when I joined and it SHOCKED me. Like, girls, it's the most generic piece of work she's put out right after Briquette Jade. Yes, HIAM and TTWE are flawless worldwide smashes but the rest is so hopelessly boring and uninspired it literally hurts to listen to it. Not to mention FFney is notorious for how heavily medicated and uninterested she was the whole era.

As for Glory, I think the songs are absolutely on par with In the Zone and Blackout. It was definitely a step in the right direction. I loved how she experimented with different singing styles in the studio and genres, she actually channeled her southern roots (Clumsy, Liar) which made it sound a lot more personal than any album that came before. The only improvement they could make moving forward from Glory would be to continuously give Britney more freedom in terms of her artistry and songwriting. I really do love to see her in charge and more involved in her music.

I agree, I think it's stupid how they keep hyping every new album as Blackout 2.0 just because they know it's a fan favorite. It's an album that came out wayyyyy back in 2007. I don't think she could recreate the same magic even if Britney wanted to. I'd rather her focus on something completely new. A new chapter in her discography. Give us something that channels your roots but also manages to sound fresh at the same time. I'm still waiting for Britney to have her Ray of Light moment.

As for collaborations, I'm not a fan. For some reason Britney doesn't work well with other singers imo. The only collab I'm here for is with Janet Jackson.

Janet and Britney DO make sense as a collab. And it's plausible: they like each other, similar vocal styles (early Britney) and sensibilities as performers. However, I think we need a Gaga collab, regardless. And Xtina, but a funky one, nothing screamy.

RCA are an awful label but this doesn't sound true at all. I don't think they'd want to let go of Britney that easily. And her contract was supposed to be for 4 more albums after BJ and she's only released one (Glory), I'm not sure how they could do a workaround on that.

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

RCA are an awful label but this doesn't sound true at all. I don't think they'd want to let go of Britney that easily. And her contract was supposed to be for 4 more albums after BJ and she's only released one (Glory), I'm not sure how they could do a workaround on that.

I think this is how it will probably be. It seems likely that we will probably have some new music by summer at the earliest, maybe by the end of the year. Im not really expecting any kind of album until 2020. 

23 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I think this is how it will probably be. It seems likely that we will probably have some new music by summer at the earliest, maybe by the end of the year. Im not really expecting any kind of album until 2020. 

Why do I feel like you quoted the wrong post? :gloria: 

6 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

So she has left at least 2 studio albums to release :?

if we go by the renewed contract yes.

maybe something has changed maybe not who knows...

personally i dont think she needs a record label now she can be in her own league and do whatever her and her team want

14 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

lol as if RCA would let her walk away like that... her tour and residency brought way too much money in their bank account to just ditch her...

I don't think RCA have gains on Britney's residency/tour tho

I think it's just the album, maybe the promo performances she did like jingle ball, iheart radio

does someone actually knows about that? the % rca had with piece of me...

8 hours ago, kejotik said:

Tthe team should know that everything after Circus was crap. I know you will go ham on me now, defending Femme Fatale. However, now in retrospect, we value it as it stands next to two underwhelming records released after it. Femme Fatale was soulless, even though it had bops. Could you even measure it with the previous records?

As for BJ, I won't even go there. As far as GLORY is concerned, come on, she made the hype when she had announced it as "artsy fartsy". Only Make Me stands out sonically and the fact that she ventured into a new territory with Change Your Mind and Coupe Electrique (she had a mask in rehearsals, meaning she probably could not recreate the lyrics, meaning she had not even sung it herself). So, tell me, don't you think a new label would offer some freshness? I just hope she is not 50 when B11 comes out... 

And, NO, I do not wish to hear a half-assed 10th album, even if it takes another 5 years. Don't rush it, stay well, stay focused, stay inspired. And no, I do not want Blackcout 2.0. Blackout was and should stay one of a kind. Conceptually, sonically, and circumstantially. 

B10 should have that Gaga collab, a JT collab, Panic At The Disco and, potentially, Ariana Grande. There. 

Shading Glory and then saying her next album should feature Justin f**king Timberlake? :cackling: I can’t. 

17 hours ago, Isla. said:

I think it’d quite easy tbh. Finish B10 (Tranter and Danja have been on it for months at least, there must be at least 8 tracks (which is enough)). Two months later, B in the Mix Vol. 3, compiling Britney Jean, Glory and B10 remixes. Then Greatest Hits 2 (My Prerogative style, so ignoring the Singles Collection), compiling the 2005 - Present singles. 

Can’t say any of them would too well, but it’s an easy four month way out of the contract, literally only 11 new songs required (3 for MP2 and 8 for B10). Hypothetically, even if there was nothing, there are (apparently) quite a few Glory leftovers, Hey Ma, I Feel So Free With You. Tbh, if they wanted to, they should have quite a lot to throw in from the last few years

Archived