Invitation - Vocals?

emmagphoto

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invitation is up there as one of my favourite songs from Glory. (Unpopular opinion?)

I remember when I first started listening to Invitation I got all emotional, my queen had returned after the mess that was Britney Jean... and a part of me thought in that moment this could be the last time I listen to a new album from Britney for the first time. I don’t know why I thought that in that moment, but somehow I now feel like that  be the case. 

And what a beautiful track it is!  :crying2:

4 hours ago, theholyspearit22 said:

I remember when I first started listening to Invitation I got all emotional, my queen had returned after the mess that was Britney Jean... and a part of me thought in that moment this could be the last time I listen to a new album from Britney for the first time.

I had that moment. :tiffanynod: Like, exactly that moment. It started, and she started breathy singing, and I started crying because I knew her presence was actually back on the album. Or, her essence. You know.

8 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Invitation is one of the best songs she's ever done. The perfect opening track for Glory.

I always hated how her albums started with her lead singles. So lame. Makes me love Invitation even more than I already do. :mhm:

Sidenote: Remember Larry and all the critics hyping up Clumsy? I never got it until recently. Now it’s a BOP :whatitellu:

Just now, colormefresh said:

I always hated how her albums started with her lead singles. So lame. Makes me love Invitation even more than I already do. :mhm:

Sidenote: Remember Larry and all the critics hyping up Clumsy? I never got it until recently. Now it’s a BOP :whatitellu:

Same. I don't know about Alien being the opening track but TTWE was perfect for opening FF, like Invitation was for Glory.

But in the case of Blackout, there were two options. it could have started with Break The Ice's "Its been a while...but I'm here now" but "It's Britney *****" is good as any too:mhm:

8 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Same. I don't know about Alien being the opening track but TTWE was perfect for opening FF, like Invitation was for Glory.

But in the case of Blackout, there were two options. it could have started with Break The Ice's "Its been a while...but I'm here now" but "It's Britney *****" is good as any too:mhm:

I agree so much about Blackout. As iconic as Gimme More is, Break The Ice was CLEARLY the opening track. Her record label is trash. :whatitellu:

Archived