[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- In The Zone

How would you rate Britney's second album?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album (Only 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 03:06 AM

Overall Album Evaluation - In The Zone ?

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's fourth album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj2wR2HNHI-b68fEBdOWmimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGiLyh4f3e7ybnIvSq0-Fimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdKlPmr6Jo5-Dw9FhQuqO

UPDATE

The results are in, click on the spoiler below to view them:

Spoiler

Based on 78 votes, these are the ratings of the album:

•  Overall sound of the album - 4.58 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 4.5 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album: 

1. Toxic - 60% voters (47 votes)
  2. Breathe On Me - 58% voters (45 votes)
  3. Everytime - 40% voters (31 votes)

Based on the answers recieved from 12 members,

1. 9 voters agree that Breathe On Me should have been a single at one point of the album, as an alternative replacement for Outrageous. 7 voters agree Me Against The Music should not have been the official lead of the album.
  2. 6 voters agree that Brave New Girl is the weakest track of the album and recieved an average score of 1.5 / 5. Second place goes to Outrageous, which had 2 voters and an average of 2.0 / 5.
  3. It received a lyrical average of 4.3 / 5.
  4. 6 voters agree that Toixc is the best video from the album. It received a solid 5 / 5 score.
  5. Most upvoted review by @Commotion

I think it's a great album, but maybe it's not as timeless and iconic as Blackout in some aspects. It shines because of Toxic, but there's so much more in the album that people would like had they been released as singles. 

Final Verdict: Excellent

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?

HELL NO.

There I said it. Me Against the Music, while a great album opener with an iconic music video, should have been a promotional single / teaser.

I would release Brinny's 'Ray of Light' aka Brave New Girl first, followed by Toxic, then Breathe on Me as the third worldwide single, Touch of My Hand fourth, and Everytime as the final single.

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5

I don't really hate any song in particular, but one song I always skip and don't really look for is Outrageous. 2/5

1. Did you just say that Brave New Girl, of every songs, Brave-New-Girl shoud have been the lead single of the album? 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

2. Outrageous is one of my top 3 of the album :tifflmao:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Guess who just subscribed to your YouTube channel?:jj:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? I think Outrageous shouldn't have been a single at all and they should've pushed for Breathe On Me, and then Don't Hang Up.
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. Outrageous, 2/5.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. 4/5.
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. Me Against the Music, 5/5.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? I think it's a great album, but maybe it's not as timeless and iconic as Blackout in some aspects. It shines because of Toxic, but there's so much more in the album that people would like had they been released as singles.

1. Would never have gone for MATM as it was very basic. So was Madonna:demi: Thankful we got the choreo though, but the song itself is not first single material. Would’ve gone for Early Mornin, or Breathe on Me, aside from that the signles picked were good choices. Instead of Outrageous, BOM would’ve been a perect finisher before Everytime though. Hard because this album has so many bops.

2. Brave New Girl 2/5 it was very experimental, sure, but it doesn’t belong on this album. Strongest Love wouldve been a better choice gays:bedtime:

3. Lyrically, it is hands down her most mature album to that point. She talked about ***, ************, in very mature ways rather than just saying come take me from behind (looking at you over to you now)

It gave us good mature songs that Britney wrote like Everytime, Shadow and Touch of my hand. I really want her go this mature for whatever piece of music she does next. So 

4. Favorite video - Toxic, Idk have anything to say tbh 5/5

5. This is Britney at her best and most experimental, with her mature piece to date. Co-writing half of the album, Britney shows us she is more than just a blonde bombshell, and is in fact more than a manufactured popstar.

47 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

1. Ahhh did!!! The world deserved to acknowledge the genius of Brave New Girl and you and everyone else will deal :crying1:

2. Outrageous is lowkey middle eastern bop, I'm just not here for it most of the time :idkha:

Reveal hidden contents

:jj:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank u for the sub, love u xoxo :feelingmyself:

1. The world deserves to forget the song's existence, not acknowledge it :nydisgust: We don't want a bigger problem than Global Warming in this world.

2. Outrageous IS the real AttitudeNey although I don't know if it should have been a single:janet: 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Btw where do you get all this HQ videos clips from Crossroads? Do u have the whole movie in HQ? :omgreallyney:

21 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

3. Lyrically, it is hands down her most mature album to that point. She talked about ***, ************, in very mature ways rather than just saying come take me from behind (looking at you over to you now)

It gave us good mature songs that Britney wrote like Everytime, Shadow and Touch of my hand. I really want her go this mature for whatever piece of music she does next. So 

Great review but would you please care to mention what rating on 1 to 5 you would give the lyrical content of the album? 

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? I would have chosen “Breathe on Me” instead of “Outrageous”
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. “Don’t Hang Up” 2/5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. Very good. 4/5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. “Toxic” 5/5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? One of the best album Britney has ever done. Definitely in my top 3. 

No. MATM should have been a buzz single & Outrageous a promo single for the Catwoman movie.

- Single n°1 : ToXic
- Single n°2 : Boom Boom
- Single n°3 : The Hook Up
- Double Singles n°4 : Shadow & Everytime (with Everytime being the sequel of the Shadow MV)

Least Favorite : Brave New Girl (1.5/5)
Favorite song : Everytime (5/5)
Boom Boom : 4.5/5
Breathe on me : 2.5/5
Don't Hang Up : 2.75/5
Early Mornin' : 3/5
MATM : 3.5/5
Outrageous : 2/5
Shadow : 4.9/5
Showdown : 3.75/5
The Answer : 4/5
The Hook Up : 4.75/5
TOMH : 2.5/5
Toxic : 4/5

("Girls & Boys" if included, would've been the worst song, 1/5)

4/5.

Everytime : 5/5
MATM : 3.75/5
Outrageous : 3/5

Average album tbh.
Some songs don't belong to the album but to the previous one (Britney) which is in my Top 3.

Overall sound: 4/5 (although tbh I'd probably give it a 4.5 as opposed to just a 4 lol)

Physical outlook: 5/5

Top 3 songs: Toxic, Everytime, Don't Hang Up

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - I would have swapped Me Against the Music and Toxic (Toxic as lead single, Me Against the Music as second single) and had either Boom Boom, Breathe On Me or Touch Of My Hand as a fourth single instead of Outrageous
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - I know a lot might disagree with me, but I've never been a massive fan of The Hook Up. I don't hate the song, but I don't think it's that great. But I do enjoy the Onyx Hotel Tour performance of it, I think the song really comes alive there. I'd give it a 2.8 or 3/5.
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 4.5/5, lyrics are slightly improved over Britney's first three albums but still not perfect. However, you can tell that her lyrics and the songwriting has become more progressive with this album, especially in songs such as Touch Of My Hand and Everytime.
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - Toxic, 5/5, simply iconic.
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? Britney's most experimental and adventurous album ever, Britney explores a variety of different genres in this album and becomes more involved with the recording and writing process. A mature step up from her previous three albums. Responsible for one of her biggest hits (Toxic) and one of her best ballads (Everytime).
    Yes and no. I could've gone without MATM and Outrageous.
    This is how I would've done it: 
    Toxic
    Breathe on Me
    Boom Boom
    Everytime
    Showdown

I'm biased, I love every song but if I had to pick one then it would be Shadow. I still rate it a 3.5/5 but I just find myself skipping this one the most.

I think it did a 5/5. Most experimental lyrics in my opinion

Toxic 5/5

Iconic, experimental and 2000's best pop album.
  • Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?

I do, even though imo MATM is her weakest lead single, I think the fact that Madonna, queen of pop was featured in it makes it the obvious choice to be the lead. The only thing I would change is to have more singles. BOM and TOMH after Outrageous with a hot, **** concept for both. They would be released together. BOM in the US and TOMH in Europe 

• Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5

Least Favorite : Brave New Girl (1.5/5)
Favorite song : Everytime (5/5)
Boom Boom : 2.5/5
Breathe on me : 5/5
Don't Hang Up : 4.5/5
Early Mornin' : 4/5
MATM : 3.5/5
Outrageous : 2.5/5
Shadow : 4/5
Showdown : 3.75/5
The Answer : 4.5/5
The Hook Up : 4.5/5
TOMH : 4.5/5

• How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5

Lyrically I would give it a 4

• Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5

Toxic 5

• If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Britney Spears gets in the naughty zone. Britney steps in new genre territories in this new sound and dips into an urban adventure.

16 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

giphy.gif

Hide contents

We Belong Together is such a bop!!!!! Love love love it!!!! #SkinnyLegend

Hide contents

:jj:

Hide contents

I don't have it in HQ but I have the DVD and I resized it from the original 840x480 to 1920x1080 and it still looks surprisingly well :orly:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

When will our fave be this skinny?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8eHCnM0m6BXGhAdbz_Iq

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqpO3F6UOzM7H33MZ5rzS

Spoiler

You have to upload the whole movie somewhere! I have been dying to see it in HQ:omgreallyney: the quality i saw it in is very bad:wontcry:

8 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

#Justice4BraveNewGirl :crying1:

:ohi: As expected 

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? 1st - 'Me Against the Music (only because Madonna :jj:). 2nd - Toxic. 3rd - Everytime. 4th - Breathe on Me. 5th - Touch of My Hand. 6th - Boom Boom. 7th - Outrageous. 8th - Shadow. Early Mornin' and Showdown as promo singles. actually for this album, the limit does not exist :nyschool:
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - Brave New Girl, 1
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - 5. perfection it is, I'll forget Brave New Girl is in it
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - we all know Toxic is legendary so I'll go with Everytime
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - It is the Album of the Century and Grammys would deal.
On 5/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Crayboy said:

1. Would never have gone for MATM as it was very basic. So was Madonna:demi: Thankful we got the choreo though, but the song itself is not first single material. Would’ve gone for Early Mornin, or Breathe on Me, aside from that the signles picked were good choices. Instead of Outrageous, BOM would’ve been a perect finisher before Everytime though. Hard because this album has so many bops.

2. Brave New Girl 2/5 it was very experimental, sure, but it doesn’t belong on this album. Strongest Love wouldve been a better choice gays:bedtime:

4. Favorite video - Toxic, Idk have anything to say tbh 5/5

5. This is Britney at her best and most experimental, with her mature piece to date. Co-writing half of the album, Britney shows us she is more than just a blonde bombshell, and is in fact more than a manufactured popstar.

Madonna basic? Did you actually type that or did you inexplicably get possessed by lack of logic? 

YES. The single choices were spot on. My only complaint is that "Breathe On Me" was never released as a single, but I know it's because of her knee injury.

There's literally no bad songs on this album, which makes it her best. There's songs for everyone to enjoy!

However, my personal least favorite is "Early Mornin'" which I'd rank a 3.

I feel like the lyrics on this album are tounge-n-cheek, clever, and heartfelt. Like I said, this album has various genres and talks about various topics. We all know Britney was heavily invovoled in the writing, producing, and overall structure of this record and it really shows. I would rank the lyrics on this album a solid 3. 

My favorite video is Me Against The Music. I love Madonna too and I was so happy Britney got her dream come true to work with her idol. This video also features some of her best dancing in her career. 

This record has a flavor for everyone to enjoy, and it's genre filled with Pop, Hip-Hop, Regee, Ballads, Trance, etc. 

This is, imo, her best album. I looove Blackout, but it's one step behind ITZ for me. ITZ is just a maaaasterpiece. 

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? Toxic was obviously amazing and iconic, Everytime is a beautiful ballad, MATM is kind of weak as a single but the music video is great so... but I don't agree with Outrageous as a single. I think I Got That Boom Boom with an amazing music video ft the Ying Yang Twins would have been BOMB!! But that's the only thing I would change. 
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. I think the weakest song on the album is Brave New Girl, which I would rate a 3, but it's still a cute bop. Maybe more suited on the ''Britney'' album though. 
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. A STRONG 4. The lyrics on TOMH, BOM, Everytime, etc. And the dance songs are also really good lyrically, in my opinion. 
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. Me Against The Music. It's a 5 from me. It did what it needed to do :)  the choreo in the video is some of the hardest she has ever done, she looks BOMB, the outfits are BOMB and the setting of the shoot is cool and fit's the vibe of the song. 
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? In The Zone is an amazing, vibey, innovative album which experiments with a lot of different sounds and makes it work! 

Archived