"Pull Out" - I messed with the pitch and master a bit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, jordeezy said:

For some reason it seems the industry hates vibrato so they use those filters to try and smooth it.  IDK why but if you notice, nobody on radio uses vibrato anymore.  

i have noticed this since at least the 90's and idk why either it sounds so much better when you dont smooth it out. actually, i notice a lot of people have been and more are starting to include it (the vibrato) but i am not sure if its their natural vibrato or an effect of the pitch correction. maybe the younger producers have the same opinion as us. it seems to be the newer ones who dont smooth things out so much but i am sure they are doing other things instead of that. ive noticed since like 2013 that the autotune use was taken down several notches across the board and im guessing they alternated for filters and autotuned background vocals. idk im not an expert just an observation.

6 hours ago, Dhl818 said:

i have noticed this since at least the 90's and idk why either it sounds so much better when you dont smooth it out. actually, i notice a lot of people have been and more are starting to include it (the vibrato) but i am not sure if its their natural vibrato or an effect of the pitch correction. maybe the younger producers have the same opinion as us. it seems to be the newer ones who dont smooth things out so much but i am sure they are doing other things instead of that. ive noticed since like 2013 that the autotune use was taken down several notches across the board and im guessing they alternated for filters and autotuned background vocals. idk im not an expert just an observation.

Well the main filter for pitch is "pitchcorrect" and all mainstream artists use it.  Some use filters to help hide the pitch correct a little but usually you won't notice pitch correct very much.  

Archived