Is Blackout the last great pop album of the 2000s?

Stefi Hilton

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Not a Katy Kay by any means, I just love the album. As a huge Pop/Teen Pop fan, a lot of the album spoke to me. It’s great fun pop fabulousness!  :clap:

guilty for the same reasons. :yesokay: Pearl, ET, and California Grills are still on my heavy rotation :unbothered:

In my opinion... blackout is and will always be Britney’s best album. It doesn’t get old. It sounds just as good today as it did when it came out. It’s her most “real” album. Recorded during her most personal and trying time. There’s a subtle darkness to it that I absolutely love. Even the unreleased tracks are to die for! It’s the only album that I can truly listen to from beginning to end, over and over. Blackout is that *****! :yesplease:

yesss blackout's sound is so dark and haunting, i honesly think it transcends pop as such!! and i love how experimental it is with brit's vocals

get back straight up sounds like soundtrack to some horror themed party or something
and i know people hate the vma 2007 performance but it feels so appropriate for that era/album/aesthetic

1 hour ago, blackoutneyy said:

yesss blackout's sound is so dark and haunting, i honesly think it transcends pop as such!! and i love how experimental it is with brit's vocals

get back straight up sounds like soundtrack to some horror themed party or something
and i know people hate the vma 2007 performance but it feels so appropriate for that era/album/aesthetic

yeeeees! get back even has that edgy electric guitar riff in the intro. it’s so out there and just brave.

16 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Everybody & WSIBS say hello. OOB and Hot As Ice also sound like cheap Furtado rejects while GM and BTI literally aged liked milk. HOE is a grower but it pisses me off how it wasn’t mastered and she sounded like Paris Hilton so I pass. It’s a good album but far from being as great as yall p*werbottoms claim. Now bring in the downvotes. AiU4mhe.gif

Hot as ice was fire as demo version without the high pitch.

And in the zone (my favourite album) aged like your milk too big still,I think it or something new to the table at least for someone like Britney.

Archived