Is Blackout the last great pop album of the 2000s?

Stefi Hilton

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, colormefresh said:

People don’t refer to the 8 track album when they talk about it though. They refer to the rerelease.

And an 8 track album isn’t even considered an album.

Yeah, I know. It’s considered an EP. In my first comment, I said that I thought the person was referring to the 8 track EP, not the combined album :idgi:

4 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

I love both of those. Speechless was the first glimpse of Gaga's 'artist' phase (that I don't really care for) but it was a special track about her dad that I appreciated, and SHICD was a cute club song

That's probably why her fans seem to appreciate Speechless so much more than someone who didn't follow her enough to get the backdrop stories.  I heard the song, it sounds boring but I get the fan love for it now. :yeaok:

2 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I’ll probs get hate for this but Blackout is overrated in my eyes :joanne:

In the Zone is where it’s at. I could listen to every single song on that album. I just don’t get that with Blackout. I like the singles and Get Naked/Freakshow but nothing else really stands out for me. 

No hate here. I love Blackout but before it came, I was so ******* here for ITZ. Weirdly, I ignored her magnum opus for years and recently rediscovered it and it. is. heavenly. 

(Not early mornin’ tho :shameless:)

2 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

No hate here. I love Blackout but before it came, I was so ******* here for ITZ. Weirdly, I ignored her magnum opus for years and recently rediscovered it and it. is. heavenly. 

(Not early mornin’ tho :shameless:)

I love Early Mornin’ it makes me feel like a hot mess

Speaking of hot... nice profile pic  :kiss:

23 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

And an 8 track album isn’t even considered an album.

You might want to let the Grammys know, since both “The Fame” AND “The Fame Monster” were nominated for Album of The Year in 2010 and 2011, respectively. The former won Best Dance Album, among other awards, while the latter won Best Pop Vocal Album, along with many more wins.

Plus, they were distinctly separate eras; that’s evident by their respective singles, music videos and tours. If it were actually intended to solely be one album, it means they released 9 official singles with videos, which simply doesn’t happen. And singles like “Paparazzi” are blatantly separate from singles like “Bad Romance”; it’s the reason they decided to make it an entirely new era rather than a reissued version as initially intended.

1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

You might want to let the Grammys know, since both “The Fame” AND “The Fame Monster” were nominated for Album of The Year in 2010 and 2011, respectively. The former won Best Dance Album, among other awards, while the latter won Best Pop Vocal Album, along with many more wins in its year. 

Plus, they were distinctly separate eras; that’s evident by their respective singles, music videos and tours. If it were actually intended to solely be one album, it means they released 9 official singles with videos, which simply doesn’t happen. And singles like “Paparazzi” are blatantly separate from singles like “Bad Romance”; it’s the reason they decided to make it an entirely new era rather than a reissued version as initially intended.

The Granny’s are trash.

y'all can say what you want, I think "Blackout" is overrated, I skip quite a lot of songs on it (Radar, Freakshow, Toy Soldier, Ooh Ooh Baby, Perfect Lover).. "Radar" is one of the worst things I've ever heard, it's like a cheese grater in music form.. on the other hand "Heave on Earth" is definitely in my Top 3 Britney songs because I have taste.. :smokney2:

also, I'm not sure what you mean by the 00s?? technically the 00s would be from 2000 - 2010 so I'm gonna go with that.. :thinkney:

"The Fame" outsold.. :whitney: not only did Gaga write every song on it, critics agree with me as well.. there's a **** ton of demos from that era and most of them are good.. there is literally not one song that is skip worthy (maybe "Disco Heaven" and "I Like It Rough" on a BAD day), they're all ******* great and Gaga must have been one of the first pop artists to revolutionize the use of autotune as an actual artistic expression.. :gelis: I actually like "The Fame" more than "The Fame Monster" and also find it much more cohesive.. :smokney2:

some other 00s albums that I think are much better than "Blackout": any album by Madonna from the 00s is better, "Rated R" by Rihanna ("Te Amo" and "Russian Roulette" alone outsold literally everything on "Blackout" aside from "Gimme More" and "Heaven on Earth"), "Oops" is better too, I think I might even like "She Wolf" better than "Blackout".. :whitney:

critics have rated all of these better than "Blackout" btw.. :queenriri:

honestly the "Rated R" intro "Mad House" outsold all the songs I skip on "Blackout", sorry not sorry.. :smokney2:

I think we can all agree that Miley cyrus' bangerz album f**kin slaps:tbh:

Bangerz was such a great album but everyone was so concerned that Miley “wasn’t Disney anymore ” that it was wrongly overlooked. Miley's Bangerz era was the last pop era to give us controversy, excitement, entertainment. Forever iconic. 

48 minutes ago, Dreamer26 said:

I think we can all agree that Miley cyrus' bangerz album f**kin slaps:tbh:

Bangerz was such a great album but everyone was so concerned that Miley “wasn’t Disney anymore ” that it was wrongly overlooked. Miley's Bangerz era was the last pop era to give us controversy, excitement, entertainment. Forever iconic. 

Yeah the production of that album is 100.  Wrecking Ball is like....untouchable in a lot of ways.

Archived