They Should Have Been Singles

MikeMasi

I feel that these songs should have been singles with some great videos. 

1. Cinderella 

2. Before the Goodbye 

3. Breathe On Me

4. Quicksand 

5. Mona Lisa

6. Just Luv Me

7. Change your Mind 

8. And then we Kiss

9. Shadow 

And a video should have been made for Toms Diner that featured multiple Britney’s at the diner (business Britney reading the paper/coffe and umberella Britney) playing roles to suduce a guy that she loves. Other scenes would include her dreaming of making out with the man at the diner late at night with disco lights, a jukebox and dancers with roller blades.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "should have been singles"

1.  I WIll Be There

2. When Your Eyes Say It

3. Bombastic Love

4. The Hook Up

5. Perfect Lover

6. Unusual You

7. Inside Out/Trouble For Me

8. Now That I Found You

8.  Love Me Down

10.  I've Just Begun Having My Fun

11. Over To You Know

12.  Before The Goodbye

My list (in no particular order):

1. "And Then We Kiss" - Junkie XL Remix
  2. "Shadow"
  3. "I Run Away"
  4. "Man On The Moon"
  5. "Just Luv Me"
  6. "Hard To Forget Ya"
  7. "Breathe On Me"
  8. "Touch Of My Hand"
  9. "I Will Be There"
  10. "Deep In My Heart"
  11. "What U See (Is What U Get)"
  12. "Before The Goodbye"
  13. "Lonely"
  14. "What It's Like To Be Me"
  15. "Unusual You"
  16. "Gasoline"
  17. "Up N' Down"
  18. "Hold On Tight"
  19. "Til It's Gone"
  20. "Liar"
  21. "Change Your Mind"
  22. "Better"

27 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Here is my take. I tried to stay realistic hence why some singles don't receive music videos.

...Baby One More Time shoulda been singles

- "I Will Be There" instead of "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" released as single #4, "Born to Make You Happy" remains the European classic it is.

- "Soda Pop" is the fifth and final U.S. only single and y'all will deal. Reggaeney ftw. The video gets scrapped for unknown reasons.

- HOWEVER, "Deep In My Heart" is released as the fifth single in Europe for the gays. The video is pure 90s bubblegum pop realness and iconic.

Oops!... I Did It Again shoulda been singles

NO CHANGE

Britney shoulda been singles

- "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" never happens. 

- "Anticipating" gets a worldwide release as single #4. The video is cute and shows Britney dancing in the club with her girlfriends.

- "Bombastic Love" is released as the final single. No music video.

In the Zone (aka my favorite album) shoulda been singles

- "And Then We Kiss" is on the regular tracklist. It remains an album track. "Brave New Girl" is a Taiwan bonus track:jj:

- "Breathe on Me" is single #4 worldwide. Debuts at number one. The video is epic. Britney wins another Grammy.

- "Touch of My Hand" is released as single #5 in Europe. The video is EVERYTHING European gays wanted and more. It is #1 all over Europe, but never receives a U.S. release.

Blackout shoulda been singles

NO CHANGE

- BUT   "Radar" receives a good music video and therefore the Radar horse meme never happens in this alternate dimension. It features Blackoutney and it is universally panned by critics. The song peaks at 3 on the US Billboard 200 and tops the charts in Europe.

- "State of Grace" is a Japanese bonus track along with "Outta This World"

Circus shoulda been singles 

- "Unusual You" is released instead of "Radar" as the fourth and final single. It is a moderate hit. The video is directed by David LaChapelle :jj:

- "Radar" is a Taiwan bonus track :jj:

Femme Fatale shoulda been singles 

NO CHANGE

Bobby James shoulda been singles 

- "Alien" is the second single instead of "Perfume." Reaches #2 on the US Billboard 200. Joseph Khan directs the video which is his best yet BUT it has several scenes removed due to complaints from Britney's team.

- "Perfume" never makes the tracklist, instead "Plastic" a song written by Myah Marie is included instead (with her demo vocals kept). 

Glory shoulda been singles 

- "Love Me Down" is the lead single instead of "Make Me." Reaches #2 on the US Billboard 200 and receives Britney's hottest video yet. It is a #1 hit in Europe.

- "Just Luv Me" is single #2 with a hot and steamy video. It becomes another #1 for Britney in the US and tops charts all over Europe.

- "Mood Ring" is released as single #3. The video is artsy fartsy and introspective. Another worldwide slayage. Everyone agrees Brinny is on fire this era.

- A remix of "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)" featuring Maluma is released in Latin America. "Slumber Party" featuring Tinasha is released elsewhere. Both videos are shot the same day and feature similar setting & elements.

Your suggestions can be put into two categories:

1. Yes, this is a good / great idea.
  2. :jj:

So for Glory I would've gone

1. Invitation only as a promotional single, put it in perfume ads, tease other titles with the perfume maybe. So the Private Show video goes to Invitation instead.
  2. Slumber Party as the first single. Maybe not the best choice for the second single, but now we see that it gets more constant views on youtube and all. And I think it makes sense as a first single after Invitation being the promo. The video is the same they filmed, the only difference is that it's actually promoted and has Tinashe as the feat from the beginning. She goes to places and performs Slumber Party instead of Make Me :foh:
  3. Mood Ring as the second single. Gets a video referencing Britney's old personas and old attires and stuff superimposed against each other (MATM pantsuit, black wig and fedora, top and ripped jeans a la Britney era, pigtails, Oops catsuit). It's assumed she's singing to a lover throughout the whole video but a change in perpective shows she's been singing on a stage. Very much a "the girl in the mirror is me" moment. Can be a cute promo for Piece of Me :hugs:
  4. Change Your Mind as the third single, full on promo everywhere she goes. Has a cool for the summer video, very ****, chill and beachy.  Could get a Spanish speaking feature, maybe someone like Maluma would be fun and would be a change in the music he makes :hiii:
  5. Glory is so good and gets so much praise people are clamoring for a fourth single so she releases a video for Love Me Down :bedtime:
28 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Here is my take. I tried to stay realistic hence why some singles don't receive music videos.

- "I Will Be There" instead of "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" released as single #4, "Born to Make You Happy" remains the European classic it is.

- "Soda Pop" is the fifth and final U.S. only single and y'all will deal. Reggaeney ftw. The video gets scrapped for unknown reasons.

- HOWEVER, "Deep In My Heart" is released as the fifth single in Europe for the gays. The video is pure 90s bubblegum pop realness and iconic.

NO CHANGE

- "Anticipating" gets a worldwide release as single #4. The video is cute and shows Britney dancing in the club with her girlfriends.

- "And Then We Kiss" is on the regular tracklist. It remains an album track. "Brave New Girl" is a Taiwan bonus track:jj:

- "Breathe on Me" is single #4 worldwide. Debuts at number one. The video is epic. Britney wins another Grammy.

- "Touch of My Hand" is released as single #5 in Europe. The video is EVERYTHING European gays wanted and more. It is #1 all over Europe, but never receives a U.S. release.

NO CHANGE

- BUT   "Radar" receives a good music video and therefore the Radar horse meme never happens in this alternate dimension. It features Blackoutney and it is universally panned by critics. The song peaks at 3 on the US Billboard 200 and tops the charts in Europe.

- "Unusual You" is released instead of "Radar" as the fourth and final single. It is a moderate hit. The video is directed by David LaChapelle :jj:

NO CHANGE

- "Alien" is the second single instead of "Perfume." Reaches #2 on the US Billboard 200. Joseph Khan directs the video which is his best yet BUT it has several scenes removed due to complaints from Britney's team.

- "Perfume" never makes the tracklist, instead "Plastic" a song written by Myah Marie is included instead (with her demo vocals kept). 

- "Love Me Down" is the lead single instead of "Make Me." Reaches #2 on the US Billboard 200 and receives Britney's hottest video yet. It is a #1 hit in Europe.

- "Just Luv Me" is single #2 with a hot and steamy video. It becomes another #1 for Britney in the US and tops charts all over Europe.

- "Mood Ring" is released as single #3. The video is artsy fartsy and introspective. Another worldwide slayage. Everyone agrees Brinny is on fire this era.

- A remix of "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)" featuring Maluma is released in Latin America. "Slumber Party" featuring Tinasha is released elsewhere. Both videos are shot the same day and feature similar setting & elements.

I was ready to upvote this, until I got to Glory. Where did the taste go?

33 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

NO CHANGE

NO CHANGE

NO CHANGE

Taiwan :mcorangu:

7 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I feel that these songs should have been singles with some great videos. 

1. Cinderella 

2. Before the Goodbye 

3. Breathe On Me

4. Quicksand 

5. Mona Lisa

6. Just Luv Me

7. Change your Mind 

8. And then we Kiss

9. Shadow 

And a video should have been made for Toms Diner that featured multiple Britney’s at the diner (business Britney reading the paper/coffe and umberella Britney) playing roles to suduce a guy that she loves. Other scenes would include her dreaming of making out with the man at the diner late at night with disco lights, a jukebox and dancers with roller blades.

I’ve said this previously on here, but we all repeat ourselves unnecessarily on this forum, so here I go again!

I always have imagined a music video for “Cinderella,” and it’s very similar to her commercial for (the original) Fantasy:

3L1L.gif

J9hz.gif

4088899414_0c4b3a2184_o.gif

N6LM.gif

NvKg.gif

J9i1.gif

tumblr_ltq28oWPDR1r3ty02o1_500.gif

It would’ve been a bit cheesy, but she was 19 so it would’ve worked. Plus, many of her early MVs were somewhat cheesy (e.g. Lucky), but they’re also arguably among her best. 

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I’ve said this previously on here, but we all repeat ourselves unnecessarily on this forum, so here I go again!

I always have imagined a music video for “Cinderella,” and it’s very similar to her commercial for (the original) Fantasy:

3L1L.gif

J9hz.gif

4088899414_0c4b3a2184_o.gif

N6LM.gif

NvKg.gif

J9i1.gif

tumblr_ltq28oWPDR1r3ty02o1_500.gif

It would’ve been a bit cheesy, but she was 19 so it would’ve worked. Plus, many of her early MVs were somewhat cheesy (e.g. Lucky), but they’re also arguably among her best. 

I see where you’re coming from, but I actually visualized that for And then we Kiss.

5 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

I see where you’re coming from, but I actually visualized that for And then we Kiss.

Hmm, while I think ATWK (which absolutely should’ve been a global single!) does have this same ethereal, otherworldly vibe, it’s also a lot more adult, so I personally think the added cheesiness factor wouldn’t work as well. 

But I totally agree with your list; I’m so glad to see the flawless “Quicksand” FINALLY getting its due recognition! I can’t believe they left it out of the tracklist in place of unlistenable trash like “Mmm Papi.” 

I recently just properly listened to Cinderella a few months back and omg where the hell have I been :woopsie::flop:

It’s such a great song my god. I think it would have been a real hit. I’m thinking Stronger part 2 for the video with her looking super **** like in the alternate Overprotected video :makesomenoise: I think it would have been playing it safe though and she defo took risks with her singles for the Britney album! 

Breathe on Me of course is just a travesty. That should have been released from ITZ it was super **** and so current even now.

Glory had great possible singles too. Man on the Moon and If I’m Dancing spring to mind as singles 

mine (not taking any singles away but adding to the collection:

BOMT

• I Will Be There

OIDIA

• Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
  • Can't Make You Love Me
  • Walk On By

Britney

• Lonely
  • Cinderella
  • Bombastic Love
  • What It's Like To Be Me