[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- Oops!... I Did It Again

How would you rate Britney's second album?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album

• Oops!... I Did It Again
    • Stronger
    • Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
    • (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    • Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
    • What U See (Is What U Get)
    • Lucky
    • One Kiss From You
    • Where Are You Now?
    • Can't Make You Love Me
    • When Your Eyes Say It
    • Dear Diary
    • Girl In The Mirror
    • You Got It All
    • Heart
    • Walk On By (b-side on Stronger CD)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 03:29 AM

Overall Album Evaluation - Oops!... I Did It Again

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's first album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYtTohLzFBtLOozZID7Evimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcM9yllINC_WR8NPKbiSFimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYtTohLzFBtLOozZID7Evimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcM9yllINC_WR8NPKbiSFimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLifWGA87M1Hgck3UZQig81zgStH27mL._SL1500_.jpg

UPDATE

The results are in, click on the spoiler below to view them:

Spoiler

Based on 49 votes, these are the ratings of the album:

• Overall sound of the album - 4.0 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 4.4 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album: 

1. Stronger - 55% voters (27 votes)
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again - 51% voters (25 votes)
  3. What U See (Is What U Get) - 39% voters (19 votes)

Based on the answers recieved from 8 members,

1. Most members agree with the single choices. 4 voters point out that What U See (Is What U Get) would have been a great single choice instead of Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know. Other answers include Don't Go Knockin' On My Door and Satisfaction.
  2. Dear Diary is condemned as the worst song (3 votes) followed by When Your Eyes Say It (2 votes). They received ratings of 3 or below.
  3. The album got a lyrical average of 3.8 / 5. Voters cite it was average yet a development from the previous album.
  4. Oops!... I Did It Again was the most voted video.
  5. Most upvoted review by @Itachi and @Miss_R

"i'll just say it totally cemented her status as the pop princess and left Xtinct and the other Brinty clones in the dus:comingthru:"
"It's a good album"

Final Verdict: Great

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - all perfect
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - i'll probably be dragged for this but I never liked When Your Eyes Say It. but i don't hate it either, so i'll give it a 2
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 - obviously better than BOMT, so 4
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know. that's peak sexyney :lemmetellu: :yesplease:
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - i'm not good in writing reviews so i'll just say it totally cemented her status as the pop princess and left Xtinct and the other Brinty clones in the dust :comingthru:
1 minute ago, DayvinDazone said:

Overall impression: album with singles that are worldwide smashes but generic and uninspired album tracks

Overall sound of the album: 2 stars

Lemme explain.

The singles are iconic and (h)YUGEEEEEE. They're her signature songs and I was and still am here for them. Oops! defined my childhood, Stronger slayed my existence, Lucky resurrected me after multiple heart attacks by the slayage.

The other tracks, with the exception of the Satisfaction cover and Don't Go Knocking on Heaven's My Door  are.... I don't even remember them and I played the hell out of the cassette tape back in 2000 so much I actually broke it and had to get the CD instead :jj: That speaks volumes to me. Even ...BOMT was more memorable in terms of album tracks. I actually recall the spoken interludes better which remain iconic and legendary to this day.

Physical Outlook of the album: 4 stars

The booklet is simple but iconic + I spent unhealthily long junks of my childhood looking at the photos 24/7. I remember the picture of Britney washing her feet, the one standing in front of the car serving Miss American Dream and yes the iconic cover art with her looking fierce AF and serving "I came to slay" expression. I was here for it and it slays me even today.

3 favorite songs from the album:

....are the singles. Oops, Stronger and Lucky. :gloria:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  1. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  2. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

1. Yes. They were the only possible choices given the rest of the album tracks

2. It's a pretty average Max Martin / Rami iconicness with the surprise cameo by Queen Shania Twain and I'm here for it.

3. I can't choose but as a child I stanned for Oops because I was obsessed with Alienney and Mars Attacks!

4. "The next step on the journey of Miss American Dream. The loneliness ain't killin' her anymore, and as she proclaims on the title track she did again and she is NOT that innuh-sceeennnttttttt."

You forgot to answer which your worst song is. It was part of the questionnaire.

Nevertheless, great review:gloria:

1 minute ago, Ryan9999 said:

I chose it as my favourite song ******. And I did answer all the questions. You’re welcome :riri:

I meant these questions

1 hour ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? The choices were perfect. 
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. “When Your Eyes Say It” and I’ll give it 2 
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5. I think they were good. 4. 
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. “Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know”. 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? It’s a good album. 

Overall sound of the album - 90%, 5/5.

Physical outlook of the album - 5/5.

Top 3 songs on the album - Oops, DLMBTLTK and Lucky.

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?

Yes, but in addition I would have given “Stronger” a Darkchild or Rock Remix Treatment. I also would have released ‘Walk On By” as a promotional single and WYESI as an international single.

2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5.

One Kiss From You - 4/5. Yes, even the worst song on the album is still a bop and a 4/5. :verycool:

3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5.

4/5.

4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. 

OIDIA is iconic af and the most memorable but “Lucky” is my personal favorite. I also loved some of the CGI scenes and graphics in “Stronger” and I’m glad she experimented some more with that trend.

If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

This album set the landscape for the sound of pop music in the early 2000s. Every song on the album gives a certain vibe and further puts the listener in Britney’s world. It became a staple for Britney’s career and established her as the primitive pop princess. One of her absolute best.

Overall sound: 4/5

Physical outlook: 5/5

Top 3 songs: Stronger, Satisfaction, What U See

Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - for the most part fine, although I would have released What U See as a single instead of DLMBTLTK

Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - My least fave is Dear Diary. I'd probably give it a 1.5 because it's not totally unlistenable and Britney's vocals on the song are nice, it's just kinda boring and a very uninspiring song.

How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5  - 3.5, again the album's lyrics for the most part are fine but I think Britney's lyrics got better with her later albums. Most of the songs on the album are just typical teen pop love songs. Not that that's a bad thing. However I love the lyrics to Stronger/What U See/Lucky, all three of these songs are well written and have great messages behind them.

Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - Stronger, 5/5. It's probably my fave music video from Britney ever.

If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? A strong pop album with uptempo teen/bubblegum bops and beautiful ballads that showcase Britney's vocals. An epitome of the teen pop craze of the late 90's/early 2000's.

Overall sound: 3/5 

Physical outlook: the oidia cover is my favourite one out of all her albums 

Top 3 songs :  oops,what u see,stronger

1.I would have released I cant get no satisfaction as a single instead of dlmbtltk ,since she has performed it at the VMAs

2. I really cant stand Where are you know. Boriiiing - vote 1

3. 4 

4. My favourite video has to be Oops cos it's a classic and also can we talk about how cool the choreography is

5. It's a really good album,but I've would have scrapped a few songs like where are you now or you got it all

I love this album, had a hard time choosing my 3 favorite songs, so I chose 6 :demi:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? DGKOMD or WUSIWUG should have been the 4th single.
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 You Got It All was the first Britney song I heard and was like wtf is this ****.. 1
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 Max literally reworded BOMT when he wrote Stronger, but he made the catchiest f**king pop songs ever, all his songs are my faves. 4
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 I love Stronger and Oops equally 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? Oops she did it again yall, she did it again...- Shawn Wayans
14 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I love this album, had a hard time choosing my 3 favorite songs, so I chose 6 :demi:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? DGKOMD or WUSIWUG should have been the 4th single.
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 You Got It All was the first Britney song I heard and was like wtf is this ****.. 1
  3. How do you think the album did lyrically? Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 Max literally reworded BOMT when he wrote Stronger, but he made the catchiest f**king pop songs ever, all his songs are my faves. 4
  4. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 I love Stronger and Oops equally 5
  5. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? Oops she did it again yall, she did it again...- Shawn Wayans

You have good taste girl:riri: #brendasays

Archived