[Update: Results are in] Overall Album Evaluation- ...Baby One More Time

How would you rate Britney's first album?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the overall sound of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  2. 2. Rate the physical outlook of the album, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest

• 1 ⭐️
    • 2 ⭐️⭐️
    • 3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  3. 3. Pick your top 3 favourite songs from the album

• ...Baby One More Time
    • (You Drive Me) Crazy
    • Sometimes
    • Soda Pop
    • Born To Make You Happy
    • From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
    • I Will Be There
    • Deep In My Heart
    • Thinkin' About You
    • E-mail My Heart
    • The Beat Goes On
    • I'll Never Stop Loving You
    • Autumn Goodbye
    • I'm So Curious
    • I Will Still Love You (Duet with Don Philip)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2019 at 03:37 AM

Overall Album Evaluation  - ...Baby One More Time ?

Hey everyone! 

To evaluate the overall ranking of Britney's first album, I request you to participate in this poll. Just choose an answer for each category of questions and the final results will be posted once a specific number of members have voted. 

In addition to voting, I request you to also engage in answering the following questions:

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it?
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5
  3. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5
  4. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be?

Note: The third category in the poll is multiple-choice, Vote any 3

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp2kgmvP2A75TFPtaw3d1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpa6c4MNd1tDfmocTSxJmimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr2yrVANo6tf8FysFKpvw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDO6HOvvHCMc4PqCLDK8S

The option (You Drive Me) Crazy on the poll is not to be confused with the Stop Remix of the same song.

UPDATE

Thes results are in. Click on the spoiler below to view them:

Spoiler

Bases on 45 votes, these are the ratings of the album:

• Overall sound of the album - 3.6 / 5
  • Physical outlook of the album - 3.8 / 5

Top 3 songs of the album: 

1. ...Baby One More Time - 69% voters (31 votes)
  2. (You Drive Me) Crazy - 53% voters (24 votes)
  3. Born To Make You Happy - 51% voters (23 votes)

Based on the answers recieved from 4 members,

1. Most members agree with the single choices. They point out that Born To Make You Happy should have been worldwide and I Will Be There was a better choice than From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart.
  2. Soda Pop (2 votes), The Beat Goes On (1 vote) and I'm So Curious are the least favourite songs of the album.
  3. The album got a lyrical average of 3.0 / 5.
  4. ...Baby One More Time was the favourite song of 70% of voters and is the best song of the album.
  5. Most upvoted review by @DignifiedLove

A lackluster debut album but with stellar singles and a couple stand-out tracks. This album further set the tone for the sound of teen pop in 1999.

Final verdict:  Above Average

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? The singles were perfect and in the perfect order, except BTMYH should have been worldwide. 
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 Im So Curious is gay... 2
  3. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 BOMT 5
  4. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? Great debut, funky pop record from an immersing pop star :tehe:

1. Overall sound of the album - 3 stars. It should be 2 but the sole purpose of the album was that it was teen pop. For that, it served its purpose.

2. Physical outlook of the album - 5 stars

3. Top 3 songs - Obviously BOMT, followed by Sometimes and I’m So Curious

Singles were fine. I just would have replaced FTBOMBH for I’ll Never Stop Loving You and/or I Will Be There

Worst song on the album -  Soda Pop - 1/5

Favorite video - BOMT because it’s legendary. 5/5

A lackluster debut album but with stellar singles and a couple stand-out tracks. This album further set the tone for the sound of teen pop in 1999.

• Super Mods

I don’t think it’s one of her best albums (though lately I’ve been listening to it more just out of pure nostalgia) it definitely is a product of the era and doesn’t age well but I do appreciate it for introducing Britney to us. I think it’s also her worst album cover, super cheesy and tacky IMO.

1. Do you think the selected singles were apt? If no, then how would you have done it? - all except FTBOMBH, I Will Be There would have been a better choice
  2. Which song do you think is the worst from the album or your least favourite? Rate them on a scale of 1 to 5 - Soda Pop, 1 :eheeek:
  3. Which is your favourite video from the album? Rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 - BOMT ofc, 5 :slayney:
  4. If you were to give the album a short 2 line review, what would it be? - listening to it is like reading an old diary or slambook. very cheesy but gives good memories nonetheless :yesokay:
9 minutes ago, Itachi said:

@ILikeChillinWithYou I Will Still Love You is the title of the duet with Don Philip, I Will Be There is a separate song. :hibebe:

My mistake sorry:embarrassed:

There are so many songs with similar titles that I got confused between I'll never stop loving you, I will still love you and I won't stop loving you.

I will Be there is one of my favourites and I'm ashamed I got it wrong:unreal:

13 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

My mistake sorry:embarrassed:

There are so many songs with similar titles that I got confused between I'll never stop loving you, I will still love you and I won't stop loving you.

I will Be there is one of my favourites and I'm ashamed I got it wrong:unreal:

that's okay. it's also my fave so i voted for it :saycheese:

4 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I will do oops but if it also turns out to be a flop thread...:wontcry:

It’s probably because everyone’s distracted by the #FreeBritney thread, this was fun. It’s nice that people didn’t overrate the album, all of the results were pretty unbiased, I look forward to Oops

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I will do oops but if that also turns out to be a flop thread...:wontcry:

Tbf you got a fair amount of people that voted! I think a lot of threads aren’t getting much attention atm cause most people are only using the #FreeBritney thread.

Archived