Which album had the best singles?

Which album had the best singles?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forget about how the album sounds as a whole (specifically In The Zone and Blackout). Which has the best singles? I've included My Prerogative for that song and Do Somethin', not every single one of her singles. I was listening to the 4 Oops singles just now and they're all so good. I love the Britney singles, specifically I'm Not A Girl and Overprotected and I love all the ITZ singles although MATM isn't amazing. I would say Toxic is probably her best single but I think Britney had the best singles as a whole (including the Boys remix). We all love Overprotected and rightly so, Slave is **** and different, INAGNYAW is a beautiful ballad, the Boys remix like Slave is very **** and creates a mood and ILRNR is just fun to sing along to. I don't know if we're counting Anticipating. It isn't great but it doesn't ruin the legacy of the other 5. I love the ITZ singles but MATM and Outrageous (good as they are) just can't compete with the likes of Slave and Overprotected. Thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

It's Blackout for me. Maybe it's because it features zero fillers... I dunno, but Gimme More / Piece of Me / Break the Ice and Radar were both the highlights of the record (for me) AND they all ended up being singles as well. Flawless taste.

In the Zone *could* have flawless single choices, but the fact that Breathe on Me and Touch of My Hand were paid dust and Outrageous was picked instead I'll never understand.

I actually really like Outrageous because it's so different to a lot of mainstream music but BOM and TOMH definitely should have been singles. I like Gimme More and Radar but Piece of Me and Break The Ice are a bit lackluster for me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still sing along to them but I never felt the same spark for that album most Britney fans do. The fact she still performs BOM and TOMH on tour though. Surely she could just do some cheap and fun music videos for them.

I'd argue Blackout because it's her best album to me. Although I do think Radar would have worked better as a single from this album rather than Circus and Get Naked/Get Back easily could have been released too. Britney Jean as well because two of the best songs from that album were singles (Work ***** and Perfume).

I don't think any of Britney's album's singles runs were necessarily 'perfect' though.

6 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I'd argue Blackout because it's her best album to me. Although I do think Radar would have worked better as a single from this album rather than Circus and Get Naked/Get Back easily could have been released too. Britney Jean as well because two of the best songs from that album were singles (Work ***** and Perfume).

I don't think any of Britney's album's singles runs were necessarily 'perfect' though.

I wouldn't say the Oops singles were 100% perfect but they're pretty solid imo. I love that she released DLMBTLTK as a single because it shows she's not afraid to experiment with different genres. You're right about Radar. It fits Blackout much better than Circus.

5 minutes ago, rik said:

ITZ had the best visuals + singles

HELLO, MATM??? everytime??? TOXIC?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!? 

i love blackout, but lets be real..... 

I love the ITZ singles and they have amazing visuals as you said but for me, Overprotected and INAGNYAW will always be my favorite videos and singles. The dancing, the landscapes, her looks, everything was perfect. Toxic is obviously more iconic but they just have more meaning and place in my heart. As much as I love ITZ, those 2 Britney singles are more relatable and personal. That's probably why I love Lucky so much as well.

4 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I honestly think the Britney album has good singles. I’m really not a fan of the album as a whole. Excluding Cinderella I’m not crazy on the album but I love the singles and I feel they were the right choice :kiss:

Same! A lot of people think they should have made separate albums for Britney and Crossroads but having all the singles on one album is a much better choice. :carpoolney:

15 minutes ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I wouldn't say the Oops singles were 100% perfect but they're pretty solid imo. I love that she released DLMBTLTK as a single because it shows she's not afraid to experiment with different genres. You're right about Radar. It fits Blackout much better than Circus.

Yeah the OIDIA singles were all great songs but I've always thought DLMBTLTK didn't really work, I've always thought What U See would have made a good single instead. 

9 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Oh that is true, but I thought none of the ballads on OIDIA didn't really work as singles.

They didn’t. By the fourth single it was like they let Britney choose whatever she wanted because they didn’t think they would sell many more albums anyway. 

1 minute ago, Avatar said:

They didn’t. By the fourth single it was like they let Britney choose whatever she wanted because they didn’t think they would sell many more albums anyway. 

Yeah I suppose that's true. Probably explains why DLMBTLTK flopped. I still wish What U See could have been a single though.

since there's no specific criteria, i chose based on my own. which is, that the singles released are the best from the album that none of the other songs from the album were single material. also, none of the released singles were undeserving. so i chose Oops. :unbothered:

i think none of the other tracks from the album could have worked especially that she has spammed us with so many pop hits at that point. :unbothered:

the other albums meanwhile,

BOMT - I Will Be There

Britney - Rock n Roll was unnecessary

ITZ - uhm duh BOM, TOMH, Boom Boom :girlwhat:

Blackout - Heaven on Earth

Circus - Unusual You, Blur; AND Radar should have happened in Blackout

FF - Inside Out, HATLM

BJ - :idkha:

Glory - too many, but the biggest injustice was Mood Ring as a Japan exclusive bonus track, that was one of the most single worthy songs :lemmetellu:

Archived