Jump to content

#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney


Recommended Posts

  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

How did Vegas ruin her career? If anything it was the best thing for her at the time. I mean Femme Fatale was a nice era but the tour underperformed compared to Circus tour, due to the fact that she was at her lowest as a performer. If anything Vegas helped her re-establish her touring career as we saw with her Asian and European tour. And how can you even say that no one wants to pay to see Britney when she broke attendance records in Tel Aviv and the Piece of Me Tour was one of the biggest of the year? Make it make sense 

I think many things from the past decade are satanized by the fanbase but it all depends how you wanna look at them.

If it wasn't for the conservatorship, many of the things she did were actually good for her career. The problem wasn't FF's songs not matching her personal life, it was the heavily sedated Britney that they gave us. The problem wasn't the X Factor, it was portraying her as the new Simon when she clearly didn't like it and you can tell the shift  in her personality from the first auditions to the live shows (after the promo tour in tv shows and such). The problem wasn't Vegas or Britney Jean, but not releasing any more singles throughout the entire 2014, losing her spot in the music scene and letting the public forget about her. The problem wasn't Pretty Girls, but not properly releasing Tom's Diner to make up for it. The problem wasn't Glory, but releasing MM as the lead single, and even worse, "releasing" (if we can call that a release) Slumber Party as a follow up and stopping right there.

She can't just always be on top, and the comeback fuzz would've only lasted for too long anyways. Vegas didn't kill her career, they just didn't take advantage of it. When they first announced it, I was sure that this new album era would be the longest because since the residency was originally intended to last two years, that'd been two years to promote the album and release singles off of it. She just needed to shoot a videoclip every once in a while. Never did I think that it would be the shortest era with the least amount of singles ever. Then it was extended, and I thought, well, Glory it's gonna be it. But it was even worse. Even if the cship didn't exist, I think a residency was ideal for her anyways, to find that balance between the career and her life. And how many artists followed her to Vegas and they're still doing great? We can only speculate about what she would've done with her career if she wasn't under a conservatorship.

  • Like 8

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 7 here

Link to comment

Some of you guys are too delusional. 

They killed her career with those "easy cash grab moves", knowing her will to be "The Britney Spears" was long time gone. 

She is just not interested in her career anymore, and it shows tbh. She has other priorities, expecially considering the sh*tty situation.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, kleinbritney said:

Vegas kills every career. Britney was too young for Vegas. that was a huge mistake

 

I agree. If y'all think back to FF era it was hugely successful with hit singles and a #1 album and a worldwide tour (ok the tour didn't sell great, but let's just blame the tour promo for that with lacklustre FF promo performances showing Brit at her worst.) A clever person and someone who gave a damn about Brit would've in 2012 thought "Ok she's still selling well and her career is fine. Only thing missing is her mental health." They should've given her a rest 2012-2014 and A LOT of mental health help like CBT and all that. THEN and only THEN she could've gone back to music and it probably would've been a big success just as the last 2 eras had been. Instead we got floppy jean and piece of crap residency. Brit wasn't right, she still isn't right. I just don't get it. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Performing in Vegas helped her build demand in Europe, which definitely helped her sell out those shows. Plus Domination wasn’t even selling that bad, if anything it was too rushed considering that she had just finished a 5 year residency and a world tour 

Europe wasn’t sold out though, they fiddled the number and some of the gate receipts were less than the official capacity of the venue. Seen at her 02 london nights and the fact Blackpool / Scarborough had tickets given away.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chizwhiz said:

Europe wasn’t sold out though, they fiddled the number and some of the gate receipts were less than the official capacity of the venue. Seen at her 02 london nights and the fact Blackpool / Scarborough had tickets given away.

Exactly, Antwerp 4 example was far from being sold out. I was there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Lantis said:

She is just not interested in her career anymore, and it shows tbh. She has other priorities, expecially considering the sh*tty situation.

Then anything would've killed her career anyway under those circumstances. If she went on a hiatus, that'd be the end. If she did all those things without any passion or interest, it would've been the end anyway (which is sort of what happened).

Bad gigs don't kill anyone's career; staying away from the spotlight and disappearing from the music scene does. People don't care if an artist is touring, has a residency, or is sleeping at their house. They care about what they're listening on the radio, what they're listening on the club, what is getting recommended as new on YouTube, Spotify, and other streaming platforms or social media. Releasing a bad single or a bad album is better than not releasing anything at all. Did the album or the single flop? Then go and release something else as soon as possible to make up for it. 

But as you say, being in a conservatorship where she has no voice or power to decide anything, what interest can Britney have, or what can she really do about it, even if she wanted to take action? 

But it's unfair to blame FF, X Factor, Vegas Residency, Britney Jean or Glory for the current status of her career. If she had the freedom to make her own decisions, heck, even being under the conservatorship, just like they forced her to do other things, had they forced her to do the RIGHT things, like releasing the proper singles / videoclips, or just the simple act of keep singles coming from the albums despite the Vegas residency. Or a Scream & Shout performance at the X Factor, or performing at awards shows or doing mini-tours during Vegas breaks (like she ultimately did despite the false belief that Vegas contract prevented her from doing so) little things like that could've done a huge difference in the past few years. Had they kept the Glory singles coming throughout 2017, we wouldn't be living in this super long drought we've been for almost 4 years. 

But between Britney living like a prisoner, and her "team" wanting to make the most profit without spending a dime, her career really didn't have a bright future whatever path they took, sadly.

  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 7 here

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Then anything would've killed her career anyway under those circumstances. If she went on a hiatus, that'd be the end. If she did all those things without any passion or interest, it would've been the end anyway (which is sort of what happened).

Bad gigs don't kill anyone's career; staying away from the spotlight and disappearing from the music scene does. People don't care if an artist is touring, has a residency, or is sleeping at their house. They care about what they're listening on the radio, what they're listening on the club, what is getting recommended as new on YouTube, Spotify, and other streaming platforms or social media. Releasing a bad single or a bad album is better than not releasing anything at all. Did the album or the single flop? Then go and release something else as soon as possible to make up for it. 

But as you say, being in a conservatorship where she has no voice or power to decide anything, what interest can Britney have, or what can she really do about it, even if she wanted to take action? 

But it's unfair to blame FF, X Factor, Vegas Residency, Britney Jean or Glory for the current status of her career. If she had the freedom to make her own decisions, heck, even being under the conservatorship, just like they forced her to do other things, had they forced her to do the RIGHT things, like releasing the proper singles / videoclips, or just the simple act of keep singles coming from the albums despite the Vegas residency. Or a Scream & Shout performance at the X Factor, or performing at awards shows or doing mini-tours during Vegas breaks (like she ultimately did despite the false belief that Vegas contract prevented her from doing so) little things like that could've done a huge difference in the past few years. Had they kept the Glory singles coming throughout 2017, we wouldn't be living in this super long drought we've been for almost 4 years. 

But between Britney living like a prisoner, and her "team" wanting to make the most profit without spending a dime, her career really didn't have a bright future whatever path they took, sadly.

Exactly what I meant plus the true that Britney due to her situation lowered her dancing skills and still doesn't sing live. Because in the time when she was on top no one cared if she sings live while performing Me against the music, Slave, Stronger as long as everyone was amazed by her dancing. Currently not so great dancing and no live singing. 

But still I think and I would like Britney to have such a carrier as Madonna that keeps doing eras and world tours rather than X Factor or Vegas. 

Britney is a part of royalty next to Madonna Queen of Pop and Michael Jackson King of Pop. She is Princess of Pop. And Michael planed kind of residency in London in the age of 51 in a poor health as his good bye tour. 

Britney did her residency in her 30's when in this age both Madonna and MJ were making great hits, tours, eras. Making history. Not celebrating their past as Piece of Me did. It was not a promo of new material, it was celebrating past and playing Baby One More Time with the same voice of Britney like in 1998.

Compered to Madonna-she is in her 60's and just released great album and is on tour! Queen is on tour in almost 70's!

Freedie Mercury was working on new material almost till death in his 40's. 

And I am really afriad that in 20 years no one will remember Britney's great performances from 1998-2004 as even now 12 years of conservatorship is a longer period than 6 years of her top! She has longer period of not great carrier than a great one even now. 

Of course she will be always remembered but in people's minds more fresh memories are the currents. And Freddie and MJ are always remembered as the great performers because people don't have memories of any bad performance of them. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chizwhiz said:

Europe wasn’t sold out though, they fiddled the number and some of the gate receipts were less than the official capacity of the venue. Seen at her 02 london nights and the fact Blackpool / Scarborough had tickets given away.

What are you even talking about? Box scores numbers are official and Blackpool was one of the top grossing concert of 2018 by a female 

The only reason why she’s still under a conservatorship is because she’s still very profitable. If she was such a flop they would’ve let her go years ago 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think many things from the past decade are satanized by the fanbase but it all depends how you wanna look at them.

If it wasn't for the conservatorship, many of the things she did were actually good for her career. The problem wasn't FF's songs not matching her personal life, it was the heavily sedated Britney that they gave us. The problem wasn't the X Factor, it was portraying her as the new Simon when she clearly didn't like it and you can tell the shift  in her personality from the first auditions to the live shows (after the promo tour in tv shows and such). The problem wasn't Vegas or Britney Jean, but not releasing any more singles throughout the entire 2014, losing her spot in the music scene and letting the public forget about her. The problem wasn't Pretty Girls, but not properly releasing Tom's Diner to make up for it. The problem wasn't Glory, but releasing MM as the lead single, and even worse, "releasing" (if we can call that a release) Slumber Party as a follow up and stopping right there.

She can't just always be on top, and the comeback fuzz would've only lasted for too long anyways. Vegas didn't kill her career, they just didn't take advantage of it. When they first announced it, I was sure that this new album era would be the longest because since the residency was originally intended to last two years, that'd been two years to promote the album and release singles off of it. She just needed to shoot a videoclip every once in a while. Never did I think that it would be the shortest era with the least amount of singles ever. Then it was extended, and I thought, well, Glory it's gonna be it. But it was even worse. Even if the cship didn't exist, I think a residency was ideal for her anyways, to find that balance between the career and her life. And how many artists followed her to Vegas and they're still doing great? We can only speculate about what she would've done with her career if she wasn't under a conservatorship.

Honestly I think it would’ve been a huge mistake to actually promote BJ. It was a good choice to let the album die so that the GP wouldn’t find out about the Myah mess. If they had actually promoted it her career would’ve been completely over 

Link to comment
On 1/26/2020 at 1:33 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

You posted this at 3:00 am when the sun wasn't out.... Beyond dense. The highs for the entire week are 70s and 80s. It drops to the 50s at night during winter months. :mj:

Looking at Hammond Louisiana's weather for the week, the average median is 50-60F at peak during the day. She doesn't live in CA, my point stands she dresses awfully.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

What are you even talking about? Box scores numbers are official and Blackpool was one of the top grossing concert of 2018 by a female 

The only reason why she’s still under a conservatorship is because she’s still very profitable. If she was such a flop they would’ve let her go years ago 

Unless the figures are skewed, probably through merchandise and food/drink sales. Blackpool was also held at a venue that had performances all week so I don't trust the figures weren't strictly closed off.

The event was also 2 for 1 meaning tickets were 50% off original price.

I think we now can say that the accountancy for britney is doubtful given her finance manager is also involved in her conservatorship.

Link to tickets being given away for Blackpool. Blackpool is one of the lowest income areas of the UK, to say it had one of the most profitable concerts kind of doesn't make sense.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

Vegas kills every career. Britney was too young for Vegas. that was a huge mistake

Not for money, it wasn't a mistake  There's no doubt Britney was a part of this. I blame her and I don't blame her for doing what she did at the same time.

She was somebody who got injured TWICE in 2004, whose performance was clearly reliant on dancing.  Then the media/paparazzi/public breakdowns followed.  (It can't be reiterated how much the 2007 VMA probably destroyed her confidence because even though she did not dance as good during House of Blues tour, her confidence was still there)

At some point after Circus and before/during Femme Fatale, Britney clearly accepted her performing fate and mortality and chose money over any artistic aspirations, musically (except Glory) or performance wise.  Whether that was because of the conservatorship or because she had kids(unlike 1999-2004) or both, I don't know.  But naturally, she lost many fans.

5 hours ago, AliciaBitch said:

Britney is a part of royalty next to Madonna Queen of Pop and Michael Jackson King of Pop. She is Princess of Pop. And Michael planed kind of residency in London in the age of 51 in a poor health as his good bye tour. 

Britney did her residency in her 30's when in this age both Madonna and MJ were making great hits, tours, eras. Making history. Not celebrating their past as Piece of Me did. It was not a promo of new material, it was celebrating past and playing Baby One More Time with the same voice of Britney like in 1998.

Compered to Madonna-she is in her 60's and just released great album and is on tour! Queen is on tour in almost 70's!

 

There is one big difference between Michael Jackson/Madonna and Britney Spears no matter how the hell big she was or what songs she has ...

She was NEVER in control of her career.  It makes a big difference.  This quote from a forum from 2007 has a lot of truth whether we like it  or not...

"Where are we comparing Michael Jackson and Madonna to Britney. Britney was only hot for 2 or 3 years guys. Michael Jackson and Madonna had longevity musically which Britney does not have(at least for now.) 

I think the reasons Britney was because she was at the right place at the right time right in late December 1998(in a music scene sense), the great state of the econmoy at that time(which helped Britney bubblegum brabd of music become big), and her managers had good business tactics for awhile to keep her popularity on the top-heep and she released a CD every year basically(1999, 2000, 2001) but by 2003-2004 she was just not relevant any more or as relevant as she was in 1999-2000. Remember music in 2003 is different from music that was made in 1999."

https://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/smf/1188563769.shtml

You can't deny right place at right time played a massive role in Britney's success, over anything.  

After 2004, with her knee injuries (and personal life made public) it really was a crapshoot as to how the rest of her career was going to turn out.

And because of circumstances from the late 2000s and early 2010s, she and her team decided to make money precedent over anything else.

I agree that she 100% should not have been in the spotlight so much from Femme Fatale to Vegas. (No drastic plastic surgery would have happened, and this matters because let's face it-image made her career)  But money took precedent 

If Britney were to come back to Vegas, they should have announced it in the Summer.  After some kind of break.  But they announced it soon after her last performing. If Britney wants to come back she should come back.  If she doesn't want to then she shouldn't.

To me, she should be enjoying her life.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

I wish, I moved to Belgium a month and a half after the show. I heard that Britney wasn’t feeling it at all that day though. 

Tbh I think Britney was the only good part of the show, energy wise she did great. The rest truly was a cheap mess I want to forget. It truly was the worst show I ever attended, expecially considering her caliber as an artist.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block