Jump to content

#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

When you say "nobody" wants to free Britney because it's best for her is a lie.

You seem to be grouping everyone as a whole instead of labeling everyone as wanting the same maybe you should do your research on this topic boo.

Trolls bash everyone on IG and on social media that doesn't mean everyone has those same thought, wants, hopes, desires or feelings chile.

Not sure what you mean when you say people want Britney to magically become a pop star that she's never been?

In terms of your post it's very cringeworthy go back to the drawing board.

This whole board pretty much has been bashing her the past few days for not doing what they expect because they've tried to help her. It's like she owes y'all because y'all did FreeBritney. Something she never asked for. 

You guys were bashing her makeup and hair because it wasn't "perfect" anymore. Since when has Brit cared about looking perfect for IG?

She spoke out but didn't say something y'all wanted to hear. You guys bashed her for being "rude".

She's posting workout videos and fashion shows (nothing new) and guess what? More bashing! She does not owe you guys anything! This is her!

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Replies 46.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1254

  • 1215

  • 1155

  • 1062

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought Britney's grandma had received a worrying voicemail 

Do you guys remember that blind item from August last year?  This permanent A list "singer" is rebelling in one of the only ways she can. She has been refusing to take her medication which has

Her case is a public case in California's public records. Ever since the beginning she has tried according to these official records to fight the conservatorship at least 7 times, but was denied by th

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, CuriousaboutBrit said:

This whole board pretty much has been bashing her the past few days for not doing what they expect because they've tried to help her. It's like she owes y'all because y'all did FreeBritney. Something she never asked for. 

You guys were bashing her makeup and hair because it wasn't "perfect" anymore. Since when has Brit cared about looking perfect for IG?

She spoke out but didn't say something y'all wanted to hear. You guys bashed her for being "rude".

She's posting workout videos and fashion shows (nothing new) and guess what? More bashing! She does not owe you guys anything! This is her!

So you think this forum which probably sees less than a few thousand viewers determines every person in the world?

Who said she asked for the Free Britney movement? It's not like she asked for a Conservatorship boo.

Besides that if she really didn't like it why would she of allegedly told the judge she was forced into a mental facility and forced to take meds? On top of that sundae here's the cherry chile........... Britney also allegedly requested certain things be loosened in the C chip.

When you say "you guys" I'm not quite sure you understand that you're grouping every individual into your twisted theory.

Take a seat boo, this isn't "Britney" under these restraints even she knows she can't be the real Britney with not much control.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Personally, as long as she's getting more freedoms and is working towards getting rid of the c-ship altogether and reclaiming her life, I'm happy. It's overdue. Everything else is smokescreen and mirrors. Stay focused. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
I didn't mean to end his life, I know it wasn't right
I can't even sleep at night, can't get it off my mind
I need to get out of sight, fore I end up behind bars
What started out as a simple altercation
Turned into a real sticky situation
Me just thinking on the time that I'm facing
Makes me wanna cry
'Cause I didn't mean to hurt him
Coulda been somebody's son
And I took his heart when
I pulled out that gun
Rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum
Man Down!
Rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum, bum rum bum bum bum
Man Down!
 
.... Seems like a message... 
  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, CuriousaboutBrit said:

Nobody wants to free Britney because it's best for her. You guys want what's best for you. Nothing she does anymore is good enough. Now people are bashing her looks, her music, her IG choices, her everything. Y'all want Britney to become free and magically become a popstar that she's never been. 

Britney will be around as long as she is alive. Nothing that happened here will make her go away. She solidified her place as a famous person a very long time ago. 

Part of the reason for this is the social media age.  It's not like someone like Justin Bieber isn't dogged by the same things.

And I'm not sure her team transitioned well into the social media age.  

I believe she should have announced a hiatus after the first residency and this all could have been prevented.

And you should probably watch this clip:

And read this article from 10 years ago...

The Britney Show: A Pop Princess and American Womanhood

Britney Spears’ pop-tart image was created as a fantasy for the average man, but since her brush with the ugly side of fame, she’s been subjected to the average female nightmare. The public, and press, have leveled at Spears a litany of critiques that are familiar to everyday women: she’s lost her *** appeal, she’s a bad mother, she’s “crazy,” she’s fat, she’s over the hill before the age of 30, she’s angry and out of control. When Spears smashed her teen-queen facade by shaving her head, acting out, and being less than impeccably groomed, the public reacted with loathing and voyeurism; now, Spears’ “comeback” consists of losing her legal independence and at 27 (her birthday was just a few weeks ago), being micro-managed back into the same role she had as a comely teenager—the role that may have caused all the problems to begin with.

On Sunday night two weeks ago, MTV aired a Britney-approved documentary in which she opened up about her life for the first time in years. But the two hours of TV were more tragic than triumphant. In between moments of happy rehearsals and studio antics, the film focused in as Britney tearfully described her current life as “sad,” plagued by angsty boredom despite the rehearsals that are supposed to give her joy. The documentary included a moment in which Spears said that every day to her now feels like “Groundhog Day,” as well as some shocking footage of her car being mobbed by paparazzi and her handlers shielding her with a sheet as she shopped. Spears said she longed to take walks without being hounded, to “feel the crispy air... be a part of the people.” One of her entourage expounded: “The only time she’s free is when she’s in a closed four by four space.”

In light of all that, it’s been disturbing this week to watch Spears go through the motions of performances meant to highlight her toned physique and ability to do some rudimentary dance moves. One wonder whether Spears is ready for this “comeback,” or whether the army of male managers, including her dad, have foisted it on her because they don’t know what else to do—and she’s their cash cow. A woman who has been in the public eye since before she could make decisions for herself can’t break away from her abusive lifelong relationship with her audience, as their ***-object, squeal inducer and punching bag.

Writing about Britney in the midst of this blatantly-engineered publicity blitz is problematic: by paying attention to her, we are feeding the machine that keeps her in a cycle of public humiliation and redemption. We are reinforcing the presentation of a person—a woman—as merchandise.

But Britney’s story is hard to ignore because it brings up so many disturbing reminders of society’s treatment of women, particularly our bodies. In the Spears explained that she shaved her head as “a form of rebellion” and a way of “feeling free... shedding stuff that had happened.” The reason that the world reacted so violently to the shaved scalp was she was rejecting her beauty and turning herself into something other than an object of desire. Similarly, her mid-routine kiss with Madonna remains a hot topic years later because Madonna, who presents herself as an empowered, highly sexualized, aggressive women, was symbolically seducing and converting Britney from virginal teen queen into something far more threatening.

With all these classically ****** overtones to the Britney drama, it’s no wonder that women are reacting so personally. On Jezebel, several (excellent) threads about Britney have drawn out commenters’ own experience with eating disorders and mental illness. Britney is an object of fear, obsession, pity disgust and love for women because her journey—at least when it comes to scrutiny of her appearance and relationships—is ours writ large. She has suffered through breakups, family problems, pregnancies, body image issues, (rumored) postpartum depression and defiant self-destruction in front of millions. Many women suffer through at least some of these things. Sure, they do it with a smaller audience, but they often feel the same humiliation when they get caught in sweatpants or with unshaven legs, behave unthinkingly, make bad romantic choices, grow out of their adolescent bodies, get dismissed as crazy, are frowned upon as irresponsible parents or, after giving birth, are desexualized and resented.

The obsession with her thinness is perhaps the most blatant of these problems. As Rebecca Traister wrote last year after Spears’ infamous VMA performance:

Wonder why your daughters have eating disorders and hate their bodies? Maybe because they’re reading reports that label the thin young woman dancing around in a bra and panties physically unappealing and obese.

Indeed, after that performance, the AP wrote, with its tongue not far enough in its cheek, that Britney’s physique was the “most unforgivable” aspect of her performance. And now that she can bare her midriff without shame, she is considered healed. Her father, cried during the documentary because his daughter was “beautiful” again. Talk about unhealthy messaging.

During that flabby midriff era, Britney may have been controlling her life and image the only way she knew how: by flouting public requirements. The reality is we don’t know what Spears really thinks or feels beyond the clues she offered on TV. What we do know is that her handlers, parents, managers, paparazzi and the public may have irreparably damaged her life for profit and gratification, leaving her trapped between being a wind-up-toy and a train wreck. Perhaps that’s why so many are rooting for this woman’s comeback by buying her album, even as it feeds a vicious cycle for her and all of us."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-britney-show-a-pop-pr_b_150923?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACDZU2lFnY9YbLtkOOuqBaK5ZwNpDw7FKQyAPplhN3SvnAM_JXA4X-zwBBuFLO86Mpmtt6ZYNTrFfxNHK5MOINILFK7rXmgmOWmzWRUBO-vta2SMo2G7lZJRMobAjsWhcZxbwvWAE-h0ck21QmziDnkyN_bod8RrVk5ppatDMuxz

Truth be told, the people commenting on her instagram on her looks are idiots for the most part because she looked fine in the clips.

But things like Britney JEan and the Make Me video deserve to be bashed thoroughly.  Larry Rudolph deserves to be hounded until the truth comes out.  I don't know who he thinks he is; pretending as if he is this great manager when he literally only has one successful client and was a co-manager for most of her prime and had absolutely nothing to do with her best album.

  • Like 8
Link to post
13 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Part of the reason for this is the social media age.  It's not like someone like Justin Bieber isn't dogged by the same things.

And I'm not sure her team transitioned well into the social media age.  

I believe she should have announced a hiatus after the first residency and this all could have been prevented.

And you should probably watch this clip:

And read this article from 10 years ago...

The Britney Show: A Pop Princess and American Womanhood

Britney Spears’ pop-tart image was created as a fantasy for the average man, but since her brush with the ugly side of fame, she’s been subjected to the average female nightmare. The public, and press, have leveled at Spears a litany of critiques that are familiar to everyday women: she’s lost her *** appeal, she’s a bad mother, she’s “crazy,” she’s fat, she’s over the hill before the age of 30, she’s angry and out of control. When Spears smashed her teen-queen facade by shaving her head, acting out, and being less than impeccably groomed, the public reacted with loathing and voyeurism; now, Spears’ “comeback” consists of losing her legal independence and at 27 (her birthday was just a few weeks ago), being micro-managed back into the same role she had as a comely teenager—the role that may have caused all the problems to begin with.

On Sunday night two weeks ago, MTV aired a Britney-approved documentary in which she opened up about her life for the first time in years. But the two hours of TV were more tragic than triumphant. In between moments of happy rehearsals and studio antics, the film focused in as Britney tearfully described her current life as “sad,” plagued by angsty boredom despite the rehearsals that are supposed to give her joy. The documentary included a moment in which Spears said that every day to her now feels like “Groundhog Day,” as well as some shocking footage of her car being mobbed by paparazzi and her handlers shielding her with a sheet as she shopped. Spears said she longed to take walks without being hounded, to “feel the crispy air... be a part of the people.” One of her entourage expounded: “The only time she’s free is when she’s in a closed four by four space.”

In light of all that, it’s been disturbing this week to watch Spears go through the motions of performances meant to highlight her toned physique and ability to do some rudimentary dance moves. One wonder whether Spears is ready for this “comeback,” or whether the army of male managers, including her dad, have foisted it on her because they don’t know what else to do—and she’s their cash cow. A woman who has been in the public eye since before she could make decisions for herself can’t break away from her abusive lifelong relationship with her audience, as their ***-object, squeal inducer and punching bag.

Writing about Britney in the midst of this blatantly-engineered publicity blitz is problematic: by paying attention to her, we are feeding the machine that keeps her in a cycle of public humiliation and redemption. We are reinforcing the presentation of a person—a woman—as merchandise.

But Britney’s story is hard to ignore because it brings up so many disturbing reminders of society’s treatment of women, particularly our bodies. In the Spears explained that she shaved her head as “a form of rebellion” and a way of “feeling free... shedding stuff that had happened.” The reason that the world reacted so violently to the shaved scalp was she was rejecting her beauty and turning herself into something other than an object of desire. Similarly, her mid-routine kiss with Madonna remains a hot topic years later because Madonna, who presents herself as an empowered, highly sexualized, aggressive women, was symbolically seducing and converting Britney from virginal teen queen into something far more threatening.

With all these classically ****** overtones to the Britney drama, it’s no wonder that women are reacting so personally. On Jezebel, several (excellent) threads about Britney have drawn out commenters’ own experience with eating disorders and mental illness. Britney is an object of fear, obsession, pity disgust and love for women because her journey—at least when it comes to scrutiny of her appearance and relationships—is ours writ large. She has suffered through breakups, family problems, pregnancies, body image issues, (rumored) postpartum depression and defiant self-destruction in front of millions. Many women suffer through at least some of these things. Sure, they do it with a smaller audience, but they often feel the same humiliation when they get caught in sweatpants or with unshaven legs, behave unthinkingly, make bad romantic choices, grow out of their adolescent bodies, get dismissed as crazy, are frowned upon as irresponsible parents or, after giving birth, are desexualized and resented.

The obsession with her thinness is perhaps the most blatant of these problems. As Rebecca Traister wrote last year after Spears’ infamous VMA performance:

Wonder why your daughters have eating disorders and hate their bodies? Maybe because they’re reading reports that label the thin young woman dancing around in a bra and panties physically unappealing and obese.

Indeed, after that performance, the AP wrote, with its tongue not far enough in its cheek, that Britney’s physique was the “most unforgivable” aspect of her performance. And now that she can bare her midriff without shame, she is considered healed. Her father, cried during the documentary because his daughter was “beautiful” again. Talk about unhealthy messaging.

During that flabby midriff era, Britney may have been controlling her life and image the only way she knew how: by flouting public requirements. The reality is we don’t know what Spears really thinks or feels beyond the clues she offered on TV. What we do know is that her handlers, parents, managers, paparazzi and the public may have irreparably damaged her life for profit and gratification, leaving her trapped between being a wind-up-toy and a train wreck. Perhaps that’s why so many are rooting for this woman’s comeback by buying her album, even as it feeds a vicious cycle for her and all of us."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-britney-show-a-pop-pr_b_150923?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACDZU2lFnY9YbLtkOOuqBaK5ZwNpDw7FKQyAPplhN3SvnAM_JXA4X-zwBBuFLO86Mpmtt6ZYNTrFfxNHK5MOINILFK7rXmgmOWmzWRUBO-vta2SMo2G7lZJRMobAjsWhcZxbwvWAE-h0ck21QmziDnkyN_bod8RrVk5ppatDMuxz

Truth be told, the people commenting on her instagram on her looks are idiots for the most part because she looked fine in the clips.

But things like Britney JEan and the Make Me video deserve to be bashed thoroughly.  Larry Rudolph deserves to be hounded until the truth comes out.  I don't know who he thinks he is; pretending as if he is this great manager when he literally only has one successful client and was a co-manager for most of her prime and had absolutely nothing to do with her best album.


wow. thank you so much for posting that article. I can't believe I never saw it before!

Link to post
1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

So you think this forum which probably sees less than a few thousand viewers determines every person in the world?

Who said she asked for the Free Britney movement? It's not like she asked for a Conservatorship boo.

Besides that if she really didn't like it why would she of allegedly told the judge she was forced into a mental facility and forced to take meds? On top of that sundae here's the cherry chile........... Britney also allegedly requested certain things be loosened in the C chip.

When you say "you guys" I'm not quite sure you understand that you're grouping every individual into your twisted theory.

Take a seat boo, this isn't "Britney" under these restraints even she knows she can't be the real Britney with not much control.

 

The people that were literally saying that she owed it to them to be nice because "they were only trying to help her" after that I post on my IG video. Are you really trying to act like people on this very board didn't say that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
13 hours ago, Applejack said:

she never said anything in regards to that (nor she can). She said she's posting her videos. We know that, because of the Control shoot.

MTE i think her team's like : Britney they're saying you dont post your own videos on your feed, let's post a vid and crush this rumour.

SHE IS NOT SHADING US FOR FREE BRITNEY MOVEMENT YALL. :umok:

  • Like 1
Link to post

She's not stupid, she's more than aware of everything that's happening. If she really does upload her own videos, then upload one saying you're ok and there's no need for this movement. Until then, how the hell are her fans supposed to know what's staged and what's not. We care about her and that video did feel like a slap in the face. She doesn't owe us a thank you or anything, but if she's going to acknowledge bits and pieces of this movement then be aware it's all done out of love and genuine concern.

  • Like 4
Link to post

wait some of yall are actually draging her for the post? WE ARE NOT EVEN SURE IF ITS NEW because she looks wayyy different in candids.

i think it's pretty clear that her team told her that people are saying she doesnt post her own vid and hence the video :whatitellu:

much like the "all is fine" video. 

the videos have nothing to do with her shading us or anything. YALL NEED TO REMEMBER THAT BRITNEY IS FIGHTING FOR HER FREEDOM AND WE SHOULD NOT STOP THE MOVEMENT. :badthoughts:

  • Like 3
Link to post
11 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

 

So after a thorough investigation on when and where the term "Free Britney" was first coined, we can conclude that it officially began on Buzzfeed in 2014 and was first brought to Exhale on 9/17/2016 by @Britneybbhmm :mhm:

The movement had actually started the time when fans spoke out against the conservatorship in 2008 but the official name "Free Britney" was first proclaimed in 2014 :mhm:

Um definitely no. The FreeBritney thing dates back to at least 2011. There was a website freebritney.com made by Jordan Ross and it closed I think late 2011. He exposed Lou and Jamie long ago. I'm actually surprised it took fans so long to pick it up again... But better late than never.

  • Like 2
Link to post
25 minutes ago, BethanyJerome said:

True in theory, but it doesn't really look like fans have expected anything in return, so in spite of some sensationalistic comments on here, I'm not sure they need that kind of admonishing now. I've tried my best to follow this thread from the beginning, and all I can say as a mostly spectator is that the fans didn't have much personal incentive to keep it going, they were ridiculed, discredited, and made to look as fools, they had many reasons to back out, but they kept fighting because they had reason to believe they were doing the right thing in supporting her. I saw many fans investing their time and energy knowing full well that not only they're not getting anything in return, but that her getting free could mean the end of their daydreams and fantasies about her as a performer. If anything, this proves that Britney has some amazing and strong fans that really do love her unconditionally and care about her as a person, and I think Britney knows that.

The problem with the latest post is that people that supported her felt it was directed at them, and "putting them in their place", which I'm not convinced is the case at all, so people feeling offended is unfortunate but it is understandable. I think many people here would be fine if Britney never said anything at all, nobody waited for her "thank you"s just making sure her fighting for her rights will yield good results and that's all, that was definitely the mentality, but when those people feel she is "clapping back" at them or "blasting" them, it is understandable that they feel disappointed, because when you help someone, even unconditionally, you don't expect the same person to "attack" in return, they are drawing the line for themselves, it's a healthy decision, and it has nothing to do with being selfish.

However, I do think people need to consider the possibility that the video is not personally directed at them, it could be many things and involve some sort of manipulation, and taking things out of context, especially in light of the Lutfi hearing that happened the same day, and is not yet over. Regardless, there are still many reasons to remain hopeful, and many things pointing that the fans have done right by supporting her in her fight, which far outweigh any attempt to make you feel otherwise. You've already done a lot, and it's normal if things go quiet for a while, so stay strong as you have been up until now.

 

People were for sure bashing her and expecting thank yous. I'll post examples since you refuse to believe:

Quote

Ew, why was that necessary my god this was f**kin rude 80% of people who follows her have no clue about this, this is very ugly of her/her team. Also this was dumb and will just bring attention to that, her team is f**kin trash

Quote

i am so disappointed with this post. does britney think she’s clever or something? girl, we are questioning everything because you are answering  nothing. that is tea and pure fact

for the past 11 years we have been left to our imagination, trying to speculate about your life, and now you throw shade at us, your fans??? i am out. the only person deserving shade is lou taylor and your daddy and those are the hot facts. so silly...and that video of her trying to emulate her old, playful videos and only ending up looking stiff and weird? come through, britney. open your eyes, girl. this ain’t 2001. you’re almost fourty, you need freedom over your life.

Quote

i love britney but i didn't like the video, kind of rude.

Saying she deserves more bashing:

Quote

honestly we should shade her more.

she should spill tea like that, just go off saying "my f**king conservatorship doesn't let me see my kids i miss you jayden" and then have a video of herself dancing 

Calling her a *****:

Quote

*****, you could have posted something like this on the day of the protest or something, not on a random ******* monday when the movement has been literally dead for like a week.. MESS..

Quote

I am so disappointed with this post. does britney think she’s clever or something? girl, we are questioning everything because you are answering  nothing. that is tea and pure fact

for the past 11 years we have been left to our imagination, trying to speculate about your life, and now you throw shade at us, your fans??? i am out. the only person deserving shade is lou taylor and your daddy and those are the hot facts. so silly...and that video of her trying to emulate her old, playful videos and only ending up looking stiff and weird? come through, britney. open your eyes, girl. this ain’t 2001. you’re almost fourty, you need freedom over your life.

All from 

People here were bashing her left and right because she didn't say what they wanted her to. There's even some in this post that you must have ignored. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post

@CuriousaboutBrit quoting my post was a terrible example, I used "*****" as a term of endearment.. :ohreallylol: you must not have read the rest of the 86 billion posts I made in that thread.. considering half of my posts are literally just jokes, cherry picking like that won't get you anywhere.. :unbothered: I was stanning for that video, it was absolutely hilarious.. :hahaha: it did annoy me a bit because it felt very tone deaf but once again, as I said in like 3 other posts - the video changes nothing.. :brit:

regarding people expecting something back, you could literally go back in this thread and find a **** ton of examples of people saying that they wouldn't mind if Britney retired after gaining her freedom.. sure, some people might have their own intentions but you can't group everyone in the same boat like that.. :mj: also, I'm not sure why you're here.. if you're so against the movement then why are you on a thread called "#FreeBritney".. I just don't get it.. it seems like you're stressing and wasting brain cells over something that you should have 0 concern for.. :unbothered:

  • Like 4
Link to post

@CuriousaboutBrit, I'm not sure if you watched the protest but when I was watching it I did not get whatever you're getting.. what I got was a united bunch of fans hoping to see the emancipation of their idol.. I'm not denying that there's people that have an illusion about prime Brit coming back after the cship getting dissolved but who cares.. in the end, they still want the same thing which is to free Britney.. let them have their own bitter wake up call on their own.. :unbothered:

  • Like 5
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block