#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

y'all, I was going through some of my old posts and found this (from the Marta meltdowns):

this whole #FreeBritney thing really has put things into perspective hasn't it.. living for all this messy backpedaling.. :unbothered:

I was definitely frustrated with her, too. I always questioned the conservatorship and thought her life seemed like hell in some ways (my mother and I used to debate this, actually), but I simply didn't know enough about her circumstances to fully comprehend the severity of her situation. A "hybrid business model?" Atrocious.

Britney herself said in For the Record that there's no passion or excitement, and that's making much more sense post movement. As Jansen and Lynne's close friend have confirmed Britney's awareness and approval of the movement, I truly hope she's starting to feel excited again. If she does not wish to further her career, I would truly accept that decision; I'm only speaking to her passion and excitement for life in general, not music or performing. I can't imagine what it's like to live under such restraints, and I do not appreciate how the conversation about mental health in general - which was supposed to help people by recognizing that mental health issues are valid - has led to the belief that this type of treatment is acceptable and should remain unquestioned.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Not Buying It said:

Let’s clear this one up! This is an interesting topic I am extremely familiar with. It is very possible Britney’s maternal grandmother was raised Catholic, especially since she was English and therefore not born into the Southern Baptism practiced by some in the US. Even if she converted to Baptism (there is no confirmation on this), Catholicism and familial or childhood possessions such as rosaries may have remained dear to her heart. Or maybe Britney's paternal grandmother was raised Catholic. My father is Lutheran, but my mother is Catholic and that was culturally significant to her parents who insisted her children be Catholic, so we indeed grew up Catholic. My father has no qualms whatsoever about this, but it doesn’t change the fact that my paternal grandparents were Lutheran. I have a friend whose father is a non-Orthodox Jew, but her mother is Christian, and her father was completely fine with participating in Christianity and the children being raised Christian. At the end of the day, my friend’s paternal grandparents are still Jewish.

There are countless examples and this is extremely common in the US. Think about all the Orthodox Jews whose Christian spouses convert to Judaism - the Christian spouse’s parents likely are not converting as well, so there will be a set of grandparents with a different faith. Religion often varies within unique sets of families, especially as intermarriages began occurring more frequently. Also, Britney has worn rosaries hundreds of times, especially in the 2004 - 2006 era. She has been seen with them since then, too. Here is one of multiple examples: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3323073/amp/Britney-Spears-keeps-cozy-loose-fitting-pink-sweater-shops-sunglasses-Los-Angeles.html

I will say this again: King Alex is not a random fan. I’m inclined to believe there’s truth to his story as a fan on his level - who has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on concerts and meet and greets - likely wouldn’t want to risk being cut off by her team. Britney has referenced him in interviews as he attends so many shows and meet and greets, dating back to her early BOMT days when she was still a brunette. He has met her countless times and she recognizes and notably cherishes him. He chose to not speak out for years as he feared her team would prevent him from seeing her in the future, which I assume would also crush her given that she herself has said she likes him and his passion. If Britney performs under the conservatorship again, it’ll be interesting to see whether he is cut off. Lynne would even reach out to him during the Femme Fatale days because of the high number of shows and meet and greets he attended; she would ask how Britney was doing various nights, and Lynne also recognized him at the shows she attended.

Excellent explanation...One that I was too lazy to provide!! Thank you for this

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Applejack said:

they're all obviously britney stans kek

Yikes, you're right. That does not look good for our movement whatsoever. We need to keep it authentic. I'm not a fan of lying - we're dealing with enough deceivers as it is.

This is almost as embarrassing as Dr. Drew. :well:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

It’s really not that different... Especially for a non religious person.

She was seen multiple times wearing a rosary, I am too lazy to search for more but here’s an example:

220px-Do_Somethin'.png

Rosaries are for catholic’s to use for prayer, Baptist’s do not use them. Whatever it doesn’t make sense

2 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

Rosaries are for catholic’s to use for prayer, Baptist’s do not use them. Whatever it doesn’t make sense

Britney was raised baptist, showed and said many catholic stuff in her life and converted to Kabbalah at one point. So...

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

Read my earlier response to you; it does make sense, and many of us have different religions than certain grandparents due to mixed marriages (my parents are one of countless examples, so I've seen it firsthand, as have many of my friends). It's extremely common, especially in the US. There is no way Britney's English grandmother was raised a Southern Baptist (specifically, the Southern Baptist church is traditionally more conservative than the Baptist church), as she wasn't even born in the US.

Let's say you grew up following Judaism and marry a Catholic who converts to your faith. Should you have children and agree to raise them under the Jewish faith, your children will have a set of grandparents who are Catholic (that's assuming both parents were Catholic; perhaps they had a mixed marriage as well), not Jewish, through your spouse. Families very frequently have individuals with varying religious backgrounds, and items such as rosaries can still be passed on out of sentimental value. I know I wouldn’t throw it out, especially if I’d had it since childhood and it was from older relatives who are special to me.

What I am referencing is hardly a reach; in fact, it’s extremely common in the US, especially as people from various ethnic cultures marry. A Swedish Lutheran marrying an Irish Catholic is no big deal.

I further touch on this topic here for you:

• Like 2

I’m not offended by the downvotes at all, but please, why not add to the conversation instead of sitting behind a button and not saying anything at all? To disagree that mixed religious marriages are common in the US is interesting, especially given their statistical significance in a country with mixed cultures.

Feel free to downvote me (again, I genuinely do not care as you have the right to exercise your freedom of expression and speech), but unless you’re going to add to the conversation and express your own views and respectfully respond to mine, it doesn’t benefit anyone.

Also, I intend for this message of mine to be delivered with respect. :)

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, Not Buying It said:

I’m not offended by the downvotes at all, but please, why not add to the conversation instead of sitting behind a button and not saying anything at all? To disagree that mixed religious marriages are common in the US is interesting, especially given their statistical significance in a country with mixed cultures.

Feel free to downvote me (again, I genuinely do not care as you have the right to exercise your freedom of expression and speech), but unless you’re going to add to the conversation and express your own views and respectfully respond to mine, it doesn’t benefit anyone.

Also, I intend for this message of mine to be delivered with respect. :)

You’ve downvoted me a million times (unless I’m thinking of someone else), so I find this statement amusing,

faf5d4ec83540107213c878fa39abf06.gif

39 minutes ago, falka said:

Kabbalah wasn't just a fling? :umsaywhat: I don't think She converted.  

she had books and images and everything. A point of our questionings was whether that her studying Kabbalah trigged the Spears family into putting more Christianity into her life (the Christian coach and everything)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

You’ve downvoted me a million times (unless I’m thinking of someone else), so I find this statement amusing,

faf5d4ec83540107213c878fa39abf06.gif

You’re missing my point. That’s okay - I’m happy to clarify.

In those cases where I downvoted a comment posted by you, I responded to you with my thoughts, and typically only downvoted when it felt like you were completely closed off to trying to consider my perspective, which is possible even when two people disagree. There is a difference, and as I stated, downvoting itself is an act of free expression and speech. I am not offended by it. But be prepared to add to the conversation when someone has a valid point, or understand that it won’t further the conversation. You frequently jump to conclusions, and I would encourage you to step back and try to consider alternative perspectives.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chizwhiz said:

I am perfectly aware of that. My parents are Catholic and I am a Christian...Still, I own a rosary that belonged to my grandma. It holds sentimental value to me and I feel like it protects me.

Britney is incredible spiritual but she is not religious. 

• Like 5
Just now, Not Buying It said:

You’re missing my point. That’s okay - I’m happy to clarify.

In those cases, I responded to you with my thoughts; there is a difference, and as I stated, downvoting itself is an act of free expression and speech. But be prepared to add to the conversation when someone has a valid point, or understand that it won’t further the conversation. You frequently jump to conclusions, and I would encourage you to step back and try to consider alternative perspectives.

I didn’t read your prior comments that lead to that post. I just saw that one I responded to. I’m joking with you anyway lol.

• Like 1