Britney is way more popular in Italy than I thought

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I agree with you regarding the fact that her music is played quite a lot here but, at the same time, I don't know anyone who is her fan... not only that, multiple people said to me that they thought she had only released BOMT so I came to this conclusion:

a. nobody wants to admit they like her music or that they know her songs 

b. I'm surrounded by the wrong people!

1 hour ago, salva_thor_e said:

I’m also from Italyy

I heard Born to make you happy in a supermarket two days ago ???

But, in general, they don’t acknowledge her a lot here in Milan:sobbing:

In Milan they did at Armani Prive the Baby One More Time party 2 weeks ago (I’m Italian) 

46 minutes ago, WhatYouNeed said:

of course she is, she gives yall a shoutout in work ***** for a reason ! :tiffdrink:

She mentions 3 Italian brands, but the real shoutout is to France tho :evilpatrick:

3 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Britney is so famous in Italy! I don’t know why she doesn’t come to Italy! Glory was #1in Italy! And at least everyday she’s on Italian TVs with her songs or pics or topics about her 

She used to go to Italy quite a lot in her prime even when she wasnt touring, she went there in 99 to perform at tv shows and in 2002 she went to San Remo to promote Crossroads and to Versace show. I wonder what changed after 2004 that she didnt go to Italy anymore. 

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Lyla said:

Hi! I agree with you regarding the fact that her music is played quite a lot here but, at the same time, I don't know anyone personally who is her fan... not only that, I've heard multiple people say they thought she had only released BOMT so I came to this conclusion:

a. nobody wants to admit they like her music or that they know her songs 

b. I'm surronded by the wrong people!

I feel like it’s always A) 

cuz whenever they say that you can see them subtly bopping their heads to it or they aren’t offended it’s on. I mean it’s kinda the same in her prime, people were embarrassed to admit liking her songs but she kept selling records. Britney Spears is everyone’s guilty pleasure. 

I'm Italian and GP here thinks her last song is Scream&Shout imo...

And Toxic before that... Maybe someone has heard of Work ***** (gay people for sure),
but I wouldn't say she is very popular these days... Radios just put BOMT and TOXIC.

I hear Britney in Gay clubs here in Milan though... (work *****, s&s, s&m,... bomt.....),
but almost nobody knows Glory.

I'm from the south of italy, she is a ledgend here especially in the gay comunity of course, the GP doesn't know everything she does,  but everybody remember and love her for baby one more time, toxic, womanizer and of course the head shaving :ririshade2: but yes i know a lot of people who likes her even though they are not her fans 

1 hour ago, sibode said:

I'm Italian and GP here thinks her last song is Scream&Shout imo...

And Toxic before that... Maybe someone has heard of Work ***** (gay people for sure),
but I wouldn't say she is very popular these days... Radios just put BOMT and TOXIC.

I hear Britney in Gay clubs here in Milan though... (work *****, s&s, s&m,... bomt.....),
but almost nobody knows Glory.

I think GP all over the world doesn’t know about Glory. It’s a very good album but Make Me and Slumber Party didn’t do well and their videos didn’t help. 

Archived