David lachapelle says he didn’t direct the “make me” music video

Britneybabyx

The label ordered an edgy video for her lead single, Britney wasn't involved untill the filming started, and she was very expressive about not liking many things to the point where there was a rift between her and Lachapelle and both parties agreed to call it quits and rush another video.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lachapelle also shot a different professional cover for the album, and that wasn't used either so they used a f**king SCREENSHOT for the album cover :icant2:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JustBreathe said:

Holy **** you're right I never noticed that. You can see a bit of the timestamp in the bottom right of the G-eazy footage in the actual randee video here (at 2:40 in the bottom right):

Yes. They used some brightness/contrast filters and removed background so the scene looks more "clean", but the timestamps slipped into the final video. It's not like this couldn't be avoided, but the re-shot video was obviously rushed so it went unnoticed during the process.

MWVOnQc.jpg

Edit:

Wait... Now that I look at it, it appears the timestamp for this particular moment is *different* and G-Eazy looks like like it was a different take too. So they HAD more footage.

I think what happen is that Britney and her team got seduce by his idea of a super provocative video, like her old days. But Britney backed up during the shoot and did not want to do certain scenes (clearly some are missing....).

We all know our girl and how indecisive she is "cough" Work *****, "cough" Perfume. 
So I don't want to blame to much David, who is very talented IMO.

I am still fascinated by the whole thing and wish to have more answers...

tumblr_od99srGCAU1r608gvo2_400.gif

Come on give us the dirt !

Archived