David lachapelle says he didn’t direct the “make me” music video

Britneybabyx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, samwoods321 said:

she said near the end "in front of you, *******"

I really feel like people gotta stop jumping to conclusions, she could also be yelling at someone from her team. I mean Bradley Stern from Muumuse said in the Its Britney ***** podcast that he went to the GMA taping during the Circus era and it was moments before they were to bring out the cake for her and he overheard Britney and Larry talking very angrily at each other but when they called her out or gave her the cue, she puts on a smile like nothing happened. Yeah you can say that was years ago but don’t think she doesn’t scream at her employees too, I mean the POM wardrobe girl says Britney yells at her when she’s being slow. People act like she can’t yell at her own people. She’s raves about David in the past and praised him for executing exactly what she envisioned for Everytime, come on guys she did the RS shoot with him, do you think she would want to keep working with him knowing his aesthetic and how controversial he is? You’re definitely not getting boring with Dave and she knew that. 

3 minutes ago, jennyj said:

He didn't say he didn't direct it.  He just said "not my video"... i.e. he doesn't own this video / doesn't want ot be associated with it.  (Despite his name being in big large letters lol)

Yeah, the person who posted the pictures is talking about how it got scrapped, so it seems like David is like "not my video" like, it wasn't his fault or his decision that the video got axed and replaced by that other thing we got.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, JKW said:

I think David Lachapelle had a video/story line in his mind, and they started shooting. But Britney didnt finished shooting the video, and some editors just made this video with the scenes they've got. So this is not the 'finished David LaChapelle' video, but just a first cut video from some editors. Thats why he says he didnt directed this video, and doesnt want to be involved with this messy half finished video that has leaked.

Well Britney was not supervised (like her father being there and that was the reason she kept checking the footage to make sure it wasn’t too risqué cuz her dad doesn’t like that) and we know Jamie was there at the shoot but he wasn’t seen in the candids during the Make Me shoot so I assume he handed reigns over to Bryan cuz he was there to take his place and Bryan seems more chill about things so couldn’t care less what’s going so Jamie walked in the office with no knowledge of what went on the shoot and to find his baby girl bending over and having a guy dry hump your daughter, any father would just lose their **** let alone a guy who’s highly religious and conservative. So he’s probably like I’m not approving this and not giving it the okay and maybe other factors like sponsors probably didn’t agree with. But I truly feel like it really was a Lachappelle/Britney collaboration why else would it take so long to get a new one shot, like it was a whole summer of no word on the video. Britney is a pro, she hates wasting time ( producers say it and everyone says it, so if she was not feeling it she would have said it just like she told Brian Friedman she was not gonna do the original HIAM breakdown)

4 hours ago, jokobitch said:

She also screamed “I DONT LIKE IT!” Twice then said “horrible!” And then I think she said “I am trying you *******” idk tho hard to tell 

actually really happy to know she is so open about what she wants and doesn't want......

We will never have the official real reason behind all of this because I’m pretty sure everything was TeamB fault. Britney obviously KNEW what she was doing, wasn’t a crazy quick shoot that you do in 2 hours (like the Randee version was). We are talking about LaChapelle and TeamB of course they wouldn’t want a ****** video with Adam & Eve metaphors. She let her creativity flow with him during Everytime too and we know what happened then. I don’t think there were creative differences between Britney and LaChapelle like there wasn’t with Joseph Khan. Larry didn’t worry about the flops, the 0 promotion, pushing Britney to do an album she didn’t want to do, letting Will.I.Am did what he did or put her in a helicopter to cross the dessert :woopsie: but he probably thought showing her **** wasn’t good for her career

I think the the first version of the video was trash and we try to excuse that photographer just because he is David Lachapelle, or whatever his name is. 

I understand why team Britney didn’t approved David’s version. Too much nudity. Too much is too much, even for Britney. It would have caused bad press. 

Whatsoever, the official video still sucks. It could have been better. That freaking lighting ruined it for me. That yellow-ish aesthetic is just meh and a turn off. 

So, let’s be real and don’t try to excuse his shitty video. If this happened when exhale was at its peak, David would have been dragged by his lacefronts. :well:

To begin with, part of the promos and commercial, i'm pretty sure David was against it. so just starting by that, he clearly didn't made edit cut. second, we don't know if this is really the finished edited version that was supposed to be. the g-easy scenes yes, they were too much in my opinion. I can't complain about the rest because it's not probably edited.

Archived