Am I the only one who hates IUSA?

BRSM_jl

I know I'm going to get dragged for this... But I've never liked this song. The message and controversy behind it was genius but the song sounds too cheesy for me.

However, I did really like the theme of the music video. I would've preferred to have 'Shattered Glass' as the third single.

Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a Max Martin song. Even when he's making 'meaningful pop music' it still sounds like music for children.  'If You see Amy' was a successful  grab for the under 18 listeners who mainly knew Britney as crazy. 'If You seek Amy' & '3' ( the songs) made Britney seem fun and naughty to this younger generation. They were listening and saying *** stuff without parents really knowing. Some of those kids didn't realize the songs were ****** until they became adults and read it online. It sounds cheesy because it was meant to be cheesy. But if you were an adult when it was release, it just sounded very immature.... like Overprotected was initially trashed by fans for sounding immature and it too was one of those Max Martin 'meaningful pop songs'. I like it but it still sounds childish.

18 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Hmm... There are a lot of "I like/ I don't like..." threads on exhale recently :ponderney:

But If U Seek Amy is a bop and the controversy helped the Circus era more. Shattered Glass is a good choice but fails in comparison to If U Seek Amy :mhm:

47 minutes ago, abbiesbanned. said:

these threads recently...

waits for the 'i hate toxic' threads

giphy.gif

I know I'm so lame! I have tried so hard to listen and appreciate it but I can't. 

Archived