new VMA performance?

BritLay

So my friend and I were wondering how the Gimme more VMA performance would have looked like if primeney did it and I wanted to ask you all... if you could create a britney VMA performance to any of her songs or recreate the gimme more performance how would you envision it? the set, choreography style, costume, everythannng. 

Personally, I would love to see how primeney would do a womanizer and/or piece of me VMA performance. it would be epic :yesplease:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine the 2007 VMA performance any different... Except she should have worn a wig :gtfo: or had dark hair.

Circus era would have been amazing with the circus :jj: concept. She could have brought back the animals or had some acrobats, crazy magic tricks like cutting herself in half :unbelievableney: and jumping through a ring of fire :letitburn: and some clowns :cardi: and walking on rope in the air my mind is going wild with the possibilities :wow: :shameless:

The gimme more performance turned out the way it is and it remains iconic, i would not change a thing about that :snarky:

I always had an idea for the 2016 vma performance. 

She would perform Slumber Party instead of Make Me, which would be rush released especially for the vmas. She would wear one of the music video outfits, cus they were bomb :wooney:. She could use the same shadow entry thingy that she eid for the real performance. The original choreography can stay with some additional moves. There would be bubbles all over and balloons. The backup dancers will also be dressed as for a slumber party. All around purple and blue lighting too. Would have saved the lost opportunity that was Slumber Party:slayney::cinderellaney::hipney::milkney:

Circus performance concept (90% copy of the video)

Interlude

• Clowns circus people, acrobats, fire breathers etc. Circus music just like the on in the video, lights go off, doves fly from a hat the song begins

Song

• Starting Britney in front of the mirror like in the music video at one part of the stage
  • Same outfit
  • Same scenario puts on jacket
  • same pre chorus choreo
  • Dancers give her the hat and she dances the same choreo on the chorus 
  • Dancers bring chairs to the stage just like the video and a whip
  • Same choreo on the chair 2DgE.gif
  • Rips of the corset before the chorus 
  • Second chorus walking across the stage to a certain point till she gets to a ring which lights on fire when the break down happens 
  • Do the full choreo for the break down
  • During the end she skips the leg lift  just so the dancers can put a harness on her 
  • The last chorus the whole staging is on overload
  • She flies to the main stage
  • fire happening acrobats trapeze people clowns dancers 
  • confetti to the audience
  • End the performance like the one in GMA the choreo part 5Io6.gif

Ending

• End with the stick move just like in the music video
    Image result for britney circus gifs

i wouldn't change the Gimme More performance bad as it is, it is iconic. not that i'm amused seeing britney like that, but i think it symbolizes or represents something - a downfall. which is meant to be overcame. :orly:

with that said, i hoped she did a Circus/If U Seek Amy performance in the 2009 VMAs. that would have been her best redemption. she could carry over the choreo from TCS as well as the props and concept. and would have been controversial esp if there's no censorship to F-U-C-K. :flawlessbye:

2011 was also a missed opportunity, taking FFney's stiffness and awkwardness out of the context, would'd have loved to see Britney just stripping down to a lyrical dance to Inside Out. :flawlessbye:

2016, uhm... maybe she should have performed Invitation and Do You Wanna Come Over ALONE. instead of Make Me and that G String song :flawlessbye:

yup, there should have been a vma performance every britney era. except for that one era/album that should have never happened in the first place :arianabye:

Archived