How many #1s does Britney have in ur country? (both singles and albums)

2 hours ago, Bundy said:

Wow Britney slays in Ireland 

What a fair country where her lowest peaks when It comes to both albums and singles are BJ and Pretty Girls lol

Its funny tho how IWG was a big hit in the US and some European countries but It did so badly in the UK and quite as well in Ireland

At least Till the World Ends still did well in Ireland, here in the UK it got to #21 and no one here really remembers it. I'm still so mad both that song and I Wanna Go flopped here. Also, In the Zone went top 10 in Ireland when it only got to #13 here :meltdown: 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

Its funny that u guys gave Over its only #1 but u also gave BOMT its lowest Peak ever: #40 :dead:

BOMT was very popular, but Polish charts back then was a total hot mess till 2000 I guess. Most music was also pirated, I am pretty sure that BOMT, Oops and Britney albums were the hottest stuff on black market.

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

At least Till the World Ends still did well in Ireland, here in the UK it got to #21 and no one here really remembers it. I'm still so mad both that song and I Wanna Go flopped here. Also, In the Zone went top 10 in Ireland when it only got to #13 here :meltdown: 

Im still more mad about Britney not having a #1 album there bc its the second biggest music market and she has a few #1 songs and showed the UK nothing but love since 2000 :meltdown:

She even said in 2003 she was looking for a house in London, she tried to do a British accent so many times and spoke more than once how she has relatives there/her grandmother was English 

So u guys owe her that :mattafact:

I mean even Katy Perry and Taylor have #1 albums in the UK and Taylor only has a #1 song

Britney was huge in her prime, how she didnt manage to have a #1 album in the UK but in almost every other European country (who has an official chart) is beyond me lol

Jokes aside, its really weird how FF flopped in the UK lol

Glory had no longevity at all but It peaked good in many countries, inside the top ten unlike BJ and FF.

But yeah, i think ITZ has the worse peak in the UK only behind BJ and FF, am I right?

And why do Scotland has an official chart if its part of the UK as well? Lol 

3 hours ago, Itachi said:

none. :unbothered: because my flop country (Philippines) doesn't have any music charts. :imok:

before dd and streaming, we used to be very dependent on radio and music channels to be up to date with the latest and most popular music, and britney really used to get heavy rotation :queenriri: i'm not sure about now

Im glad she used to be popular there even without an official chart :)

2 hours ago, Davidsoon said:

BOMT was very popular, but Polish charts back then was a total hot mess till 2000 I guess. Most music was also pirated, I am pretty sure that BOMT, Oops and Britney albums were the hottest stuff on black market.

I got It now, I thought she only became really big in Poland with Sometimes tho 

And I hope soon enough shell make a show for her Pole fans ;)

12 hours ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Ireland ?? 

Singles

Britney has had 35 singles on the Irish charts including 16 top three hits and 8 number ones. 

Number: 

1 - Baby One More Time, Born to Make You Happy, Me Agaisnt the Music, Toxic, Everytime, My Prerogative, Piece of Me and Scream & Shout 

2 - Oops!...I Did It Again, Lucky, Gimme More & Womanzier 

3 - (You Drive Me) Crazy, I’m Not a Girl, S&M (remix) & Work *****

4 - Do Somethin’ 

5 - Sometimes & Hold It Against Me 

6 - Stronger & I’m a Slave 4 U 

7 - 3 & Till The World Ends 

8 - I Love Rock n Roll 

9 - Overprotected 

10 - Boys 

11 - If U Seek Amy 

12 - DLMBTLTK & Circus 

32 - Radar 

36 - Perfume 

41 - I Wanna Go

51 - Make Me 

60 - Pretty Girls 

Albums

All of her albums went to the top 10 except for Britney Jean (#15)

No 1 - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, Blackout & Glory 

No 2 - Circus 

No 3 - Oops!...I Did It Again & Britney 

No 4 - In The Zone & Femme Fatale 

No 6 - Baby One More Time 

Wow Ireland loves Brit! I know she’s the female artist with most #1 in Ireland 

3 hours ago, Isla. said:

I thought Britney was very loved in UK 

5 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Wow Ireland loves Brit! I know she’s the female artist with most #1 in Ireland 

I didnt know that 

And she showed her love back by dating

Colin Farrell :hehehe:

4 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I think she is bc she has 6 #1 and 24 top ten singles there. She also has 5 #2 albums but for some odd reason she never managed to get a #1 album anyway :kyliecry:

13 hours ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Ireland ?? 

Singles

Britney has had 35 singles on the Irish charts including 16 top three hits and 8 number ones. 

Number: 

1 - Baby One More Time, Born to Make You Happy, Me Agaisnt the Music, Toxic, Everytime, My Prerogative, Piece of Me and Scream & Shout 

2 - Oops!...I Did It Again, Lucky, Gimme More & Womanzier 

3 - (You Drive Me) Crazy, I’m Not a Girl, S&M (remix) & Work *****

4 - Do Somethin’ 

5 - Sometimes & Hold It Against Me 

6 - Stronger & I’m a Slave 4 U 

7 - 3 & Till The World Ends 

8 - I Love Rock n Roll 

9 - Overprotected 

10 - Boys 

11 - If U Seek Amy 

12 - DLMBTLTK & Circus 

32 - Radar 

36 - Perfume 

41 - I Wanna Go

51 - Make Me 

60 - Pretty Girls 

Albums

All of her albums went to the top 10 except for Britney Jean (#15)

No 1 - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, Blackout & Glory 

No 2 - Circus 

No 3 - Oops!...I Did It Again & Britney 

No 4 - In The Zone & Femme Fatale 

No 6 - Baby One More Time 

Queen of Ireland! We really have stanned throughout the years :bparty:

19 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

She only really was prior to her breakdown, her popularity has declined a bit since then. But I do think there has been a bit of a re-interest in her cause the UK POM dates sold well last year.

19 hours ago, Bundy said:

Im still more mad about Britney not having a #1 album there bc its the second biggest music market and she has a few #1 songs and showed the UK nothing but love since 2000 :meltdown:

She even said in 2003 she was looking for a house in London, she tried to do a British accent so many times and spoke more than once how she has relatives there/her grandmother was English 

So u guys owe her that :mattafact:

I mean even Katy Perry and Taylor have #1 albums in the UK and Taylor only has a #1 song

Britney was huge in her prime, how she didnt manage to have a #1 album in the UK but in almost every other European country (who has an official chart) is beyond me lol

Jokes aside, its really weird how FF flopped in the UK lol

Glory had no longevity at all but It peaked good in many countries, inside the top ten unlike BJ and FF.

But yeah, i think ITZ has the worse peak in the UK only behind BJ and FF, am I right?

And why do Scotland has an official chart if its part of the UK as well? Lol 

Yeah you are right about the #1 album. I'd say that's annoying as well especially when she had 5 #2 albums. I still hope she'll get a #1 album one day... FF did go top 10 btw, it got to #8, but it didn't sell very well. It upsets me that Britney did so well during the FF era in the US but not over here... and ITZ got to #13. In fact it originally charted at #14 but after Toxic was released it reentered the album charts and peaked one position higher... it deserved top 10, but ITZ was released at a very competitive time for the UK charts. And even after Toxic was released it still didn't go top 10 :crying2: 

As for Scotland, I'm not sure why it has its own charts, I always thought that might have stemmed from Scotland wanting to be an independent country lol. I think it's a bit stupid though. Might as well make English charts, Welsh charts and Northern Irish charts...

There’s no official album chart in my country but each album has been certified, even Britney Jean went GOLD. 

I don’t remember exactly which of her singles were number 1 but i do remember all the BRITNEY era singles went number 1. That was her peak in my country: 2001-2002 

On 4/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, troubleguy said:

actually those singles were released in Russia and in some europe countries too :hiii:

I didnt know that! When i was looking her singles pages on Wikipedia, i saw a few Russia mentions

I love ATWK so much, i wish It could have had the singles treatment properly

On 4/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, Isla. said:

Yeah you are right about the #1 album. I'd say that's annoying as well especially when she had 5 #2 albums. I still hope she'll get a #1 album one day... FF did go top 10 btw, it got to #8, but it didn't sell very well. It upsets me that Britney did so well during the FF era in the US but not over here... and ITZ got to #13. In fact it originally charted at #14 but after Toxic was released it reentered the album charts and peaked one position higher... it deserved top 10, but ITZ was released at a very competitive time for the UK charts. And even after Toxic was released it still didn't go top 10 :crying2: 

As for Scotland, I'm not sure why it has its own charts, I always thought that might have stemmed from Scotland wanting to be an independent country lol. I think it's a bit stupid though. Might as well make English charts, Welsh charts and Northern Irish charts...

In the UK how many copies does it take for an album to be considered a hit? Blackout sold 291,075Is dat amount good?

The annoying thing is that many less successful artists in the uk managed to have a #1 album, people like Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj. I hope she gets one one day but i wouldnt bet on dat since her popularity has been decreasing there since Circus :wontcry: did people in London talk **** about her shows last year?

I was looking her positions and saw that both Circus and Britney peaked at #4 there. And BJ was #34 :dead: 

ITZ peaked at 13 but it sold 534,000 while Britney peaked at 4 but it sold 459,500, so in the long run, ITZ did better, probably bc of Toxic and Everytime. And MATM as well. Im happy that UK showed MATM love, differently from US :trash:

I looked all her singles positions in the UK and criminal flopped hard even with Britney going there to promote the tour, having a party, doing all those Interviews and criminal being shot in London :umwtf:

We can see how her singles did very well until 3, the thing began to really change with Criminal and since 2011, only WB did good and PG kinda. How PG did better in the UK than MM? Lol but we can only see that until Blackout she would get more than one top ten for each abum and that changed with Circus 

#1 BOMT, BTMYH, OIDIA, Toxic, Everytime & S&S
#2 INAGNYAW, MATM, POM
#3 Sometimes, MP, GM, Womanizer 
#4 Slave, Over
#5 Crazy, Lucky
#6 DS, HIAM
#7 Stronger, Boys, 3, WB

#12 DLMBTLTK
#13 ILRNR, Circus
#15 BTI
#16 PG
#20 IUSA

#21 TTWE 
#42 MM
#46 Radar 
#72 OLL
#73 SP

#111 IWG
#178 FTBOMBH

Thats what I thought haha whats the point in Scotland having its own chart when its part of the UK as well :cackling:

Archived