How many #1s does Britney have in ur country? (both singles and albums)

9 hours ago, umr3000 said:

UK

6 #1 singles 

...Baby One More Time (1999) 

Born To Make You Happy (2000) 

Oops!.. I Did It Again (2000)

Toxic (2004)

Everytime (2004)

Scream & Shout (Will.i.Am featuring Britney Spears) (2013) 

0 #1 albums 

I cannot get over the fact she has a few #2 albums in the UK but none in #1 lol

Every other major popstar has a #1 album in the UK except Britney lol

I remember talking to an English poster not so long ago and she/he told me that Britney has 24 top 10 in the UK but not a single one #1 album :dead:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Romania - Singles: 3 or 4 #1s

Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)
Don't Let Me Be The Last to Know (2001)
- - -
I suppose Sometimes could have been a #1 too, but the peak cannot be found, the only thing known is the #10 position on the YEC 1999

Romania - Albums: N/A, there's no Albums Chart

I didnt know DLMBTLTk was #1 somewhere :o

8 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Italy 

#1 singles: 

BOMT, OIDIA, Stronger (I’m not sure, the Italian Wikipedia says so, but the English one reports another chart position), MP, S&S.

#1 albums: 

only Glory 

I dont know if this link is reliable but It says here It was #16 in Italy 

https://italiancharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Britney+Spears&titel=Stronger&cat=s

She should have blessed one of the most beautifuls countries in the whole world with POM for giving Glory one of the 5 number ones it had

6 hours ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Ireland ?? 

Singles

Britney has had 35 singles on the Irish charts including 16 top three hits and 8 number ones. 

Number: 

1 - Baby One More Time, Born to Make You Happy, Me Agaisnt the Music, Toxic, Everytime, My Prerogative, Piece of Me and Scream & Shout 

2 - Oops!...I Did It Again, Lucky, Gimme More & Womanzier 

3 - (You Drive Me) Crazy, I’m Not a Girl, S&M (remix) & Work *****

4 - Do Somethin’ 

5 - Sometimes & Hold It Against Me 

6 - Stronger & I’m a Slave 4 U 

7 - 3 & Till The World Ends 

8 - I Love Rock n Roll 

9 - Overprotected 

10 - Boys 

11 - If U Seek Amy 

12 - DLMBTLTK & Circus 

32 - Radar 

36 - Perfume 

41 - I Wanna Go

51 - Make Me 

60 - Pretty Girls 

Albums

All of her albums went to the top 10 except for Britney Jean (#15)

No 1 - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, Blackout & Glory 

No 2 - Circus 

No 3 - Oops!...I Did It Again & Britney 

No 4 - In The Zone & Femme Fatale 

No 6 - Baby One More Time 

Wow Britney slays in Ireland 

What a fair country where her lowest peaks when It comes to both albums and singles are BJ and Pretty Girls lol

Its funny tho how IWG was a big hit in the US and some European countries but It did so badly in the UK and quite as well in Ireland

5 hours ago, Davidsoon said:

Poland:

#1: Sometimes, Oops, Overprotected (it was #1 only here), Womanizer, Till The World Ends, S&M (remix), 

#2: Lucky, I Wanna Go, Criminal, 

Albums:

Britney #3, Oops #10, Glory #13, FF #17, ITZ & Blackout #23

Its funny that u guys gave Over its only #1 but u also gave BOMT its lowest Peak ever: #40 :dead:

4 hours ago, Ryan9999 said:

I’m from planet Jupiter. Every song and album of hers has reached #1. Us aliens only listen to Godney :unbothered:

22 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Here in Britneyland all her singles and albums charted #1 :demi: viva britney 

lol where are u guys from?

4 hours ago, troubleguy said:

i remember in our country outrageous hit the #1 on some radio chart top 40 :airpls:

and then we kiss was at #7 :clap1:

im just begun having my fun also released as a single and even charted :yesplease: 

Which country is yours?

4 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Obviously people listen to English songs, but nothing gets past Bollywood music, which is the mainstream popular music in Hindi. :ririshade2:

Also, we have 24+ regional languages from different parts of the country, so each states have different music according to the language.

Don't worry, it's not just Britney, no overseas artist charts here, hell I'm not even sure we have a chart :surething:

T-series is the primanry supplier of Bollywood music into YouTube, and we are the second most populated country, hence the subscriptions:mcorangu:

But I only listen to English music, I just don't want to be basic:ipass:

I think its good u guys stick to ur culture

Here in Brazil a lot of people worship so much ww icons like Britney, Gaga, Adele, Rolling Stones, etc 

I always wanted to know an Indian's opinion about people wearing ur things like the Bollywood segment Britney did with MATM on Circus tour or the painting Beyonce had in the Coldplays video where she got quite a backlash but obviously many Beyonces supporters said it wasnt cultural appropriaton.

21 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

Kazakhstan :whatitellu:

I didnt find anything about Kazakhstan on her wikipedia singles pages 

So Britney is that iconic there that even her non singles chart? :)

10 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

It was huge. Ended up at #3 on YEC 2001. I think it's her most remembered song here, played daily on AC radio.

I cant believe DLMBTLTK is so iconic in Romania lol it was her first flop in the USA 

That boring *** song lol :shhh:

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

I think its good u guys stick to ur culture

Here in Brazil a lot of people worship so much ww icons like Britney, Gaga, Adele, Rolling Stones, etc 

I always wanted to know an Indian's opinion about people wearing ur things like the Bollywood segment Britney did with MATM on Circus tour or the painting Beyonce had in the Coldplays video where she got quite a backlash but obviously many Beyonces supporters said it wasnt cultural appropriaton.

I feel like I'm speaking fir many people here when i say this. We love when foreigners imitate and represent our culture, only as long as they don't make fun of it. Like Britney did the Bollywood segment for the Circus tour but she didn't do anything offensive. That part was incorporated into the show like any other segment and all in all was beautiful. 

Coldplay's whole video for Hymn For The Weekend revolved around India. It obviously portrayed some weaker underdeveloped parts of our culture but it was meant in a good way. Beyonce was part of the video and hence she adorned the look. She played it gracefully well and did nothing to offend. All the hate came from stan bases of other artists, not directly from us

But in some cases, the artist goes too far and portrays our culture in a funny manner. That's crossing the line. If it is with good intentions, we are happ our culture gets represented.

14 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I feel like I'm speaking fir many people here when i say this. We love when foreigners imitate and represent our culture, only as long as they don't make fun of it. Like Britney did the Bollywood segment for the Circus tour but she didn't do anything offensive. That part was incorporated into the show like any other segment and all in all was beautiful. 

Coldplay's whole video for Hymn For The Weekend revolved around India. It obviously portrayed some weaker underdeveloped parts of our culture but it was meant in a good way. Beyonce was part of the video and hence she adorned the look. She played it gracefully well and did nothing to offend. All the hate came from stan bases of other artists, not directly from us

But in some cases, the artist goes too far and portrays our culture in a funny manner. That's crossing the line. If it is with good intentions, we are happ our culture gets represented.

I got It now, u guys dont have a problem unless the artist gets too stereotypical and makes fun of ur culture.

The Beyonce thing I thought it could be a problem bc if im not mistaken (correct me if Im wrong) the painting is for special occasions like marriages, funerals and so on, and Beyonce wore in a musical video, so it didnt have a real purpose to wear (although the video is based on India)

none. :unbothered: because my flop country (Philippines) doesn't have any music charts. :imok:

before dd and streaming, we used to be very dependent on radio and music channels to be up to date with the latest and most popular music, and britney really used to get heavy rotation :queenriri: i'm not sure about now

12 hours ago, umr3000 said:

UK

6 #1 singles 

Born To Make You Happy (2000) 

Oops!.. I Did It Again (2000)

Toxic (2004)

Everytime (2004)

Scream & Shout (Will.i.Am featuring Britney Spears) (2013) 

0 #1 albums 

She may have had no #1 albums but she has had 5 #2 albums:

...Baby One More Time

Oops!... I Did It Again

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

Blackout

Glory

Archived