Songs That Should Belong To Britney

Brunetteknee

The other day I was listening to Janet’s All For You album and I realized how similar it was to Britney (2001). I feel like Britney could’ve killed so many songs on that album, especially this one: 

I could totally hear her voice on this, singing like how she does in Do Somethin’. 

Sounds like Cinderella, Bombastic Love, and Lonely. 

Nelly Furtado’s Loose is another album that is very Britney. I think Danja is on a few tracks and that’s why. These songs are soooo Blackout.

THIS SONG ESPECIALLY!!

I could hear Britney on every track tbh, but I can’t link every single one. I really recommend listening to the whole album, you’ll see what I mean :nynod:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Telephone. I remember stanning so hard for it back then, can't imagine if it was britney's, it'd be one of my favorite songs for sure and one of her biggest hits aswell. 

Into You. It kinda underperformed even for Ariana who's on her peak so I guess it wouldn't have been a big hit for britney either but that song is pop gold and it'd fit britney's discography so well. 

I Did Something Bad and several songs from reputation also fit britney very well. 

and I remember there was a rumour saying she'd be a feature on Madonna's Girl Gone Wild. I love the song and would love if they worked together again on a Madonna song this time 

Hourglass by Alice Chater

Body Language by Heidi Montag (it sounds like a Britney demo already)

Kiss Kiss by Holly Valance (Early Britney would have killed this song!)

Love U Betta by Neon Hitch

Mirrors by Natalia KIlls (This would have gone very well with Brit's S&M remix)

Shoulda by Trisha Paytas (also sounds like a Britney demo)

5 hours ago, Richie said:

Telephone. I remember stanning so hard for it back then, can't imagine if it was britney's, it'd be one of my favorite songs for sure and one of her biggest hits aswell. 

Into You. It kinda underperformed even for Ariana who's on her peak so I guess it wouldn't have been a big hit for britney either but that song is pop gold and it'd fit britney's discography so well. 

I Did Something Bad and several songs from reputation also fit britney very well. 

and I remember there was a rumour saying she'd be a feature on Madonna's Girl Gone Wild. I love the song and would love if they worked together again on a Madonna song this time 

All of those ideas sound nice.

"Telephone" would've probably been as big of a hit as it was with Gaga, however the video wouldn't be as iconic and interesting, so I'm fine with it being a Gaga song.

"Into You" is truly pop gold, but Ariana slayed that and I feel like if Britney sang it, we'd get "Private Show"-esque vocals. This one can stay with Ari.

"Girl Gone Wild" though... that would've been great with Britney, who was never really known as a great lyricist by the GP, unlike Madonna. It's simply a perfect song for Britney Jean-era Brit.

"I Did Something Bad" is good as a T-Swift song. It doesn't seem fitting for Brit, but then again, who knows?

When I first heard Beautiful by Xtina, I so wanted it to be a Britney song. I know it's a piano ballad and Brut has Everytime, but still the lyrics spoke to me. No Britney song has those kind of lyrics I think and I think it suited her voice more than Xtina's did who turned a beautiful ballad into a platform for her to show off her vocals.

Then Everyday came out and it just strengthened my opinion on Beautiful :hairflip:

Contrary to popular opinion, I can imagine Brit singing Umbrella and I think it would suit her voice great (even though Rihanna's version is a classic!)

Also, I love this Brandy track produced by Danja, and wish it was Britney's song (sung in her lower registry, Blur-style)

"Britney" (2001) is very much inspired by the "All for You" and some old Janet songs. Also some of the tour clothes and even her walking style in "Dream Within a Dream" reminds me of Janet's tour for that particular album. Check Janet's DVD Live in Hawaii if you have a chance. There couldn't been a better time for them to collab, they were both inspiring each other. @#Brunetteney

PS: Lonely/What's Like to Be Me remind me of this performance.

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

imagine brinty singing If I Were a Boy or Halo in her "nasal" voice :nydisgust:

Britney singing Halo:crying3: and getting another Grammy:crying2:

life will be too good:plzney:

For real though, imagine her vocals on Mood Ring. It's not that powerful but imo it's perfect. Bey kinda overdid it but I can imagine Gloryney vocals on that song, just the perfect key and tone:yaknow: 

English Lyrics:

Spoiler

Because I'm The Best

There’s never anyone who doesn’t know me
Wherever I go, they wanna touch me
Look, this was always my swag
If you have a problem with that, just give them water1

Ok now good, yes good
(Queen’s back, if you don’t know, shh)
My scale is different, you can’t touch this
You’ve heard it, it’s Red

Even my friends get jealous of me, I know
I’m always alone here
On top of the chopping block, I know
Chew me up when I smile

I don’t care, I don’t care at all
I’m OK, my place is still the same
More jealousy and envy makes trouble, I know
Actually, a little dangerous

You and you, I am me, hey
Like this, like that, it doesn’t matter
You are you, I am me
Like this, like that, like this, like that

It’s all because I’m the best
It’s because I’m pretty
It’s because they’re all jealous
Baby I’m bad all day
It’s because I’m pretty
It’s because they’re all envious
Sorry, I’m a dope girl

Ok now good, yes good
You can’t touch me Don’t touch me
Ok now good, yes good
Ok now good, yes good
Ok now good, yes good

It’s because I’m the best
It’s because you’re not
The answer is simple
It’s because you don’t get attention
I’ve never had these four things:
Time, likeability2, fear, fat
I’m like a made-up character since I was born
People around me massage me with jealousy
Oh it’s still the same, she’s still the queen
I have everything but height
But they all open the door for me
They call me fake, saying I’ve never been real
But HyunA, who you can’t even hold hands with?
She’s like my sister to me

You and you, I am me, hey
Like this, like that, it doesn’t matter
You are you, I am me

It’s because I’m pretty
Baby I’m bad all day
It’s because I’m pretty
Sorry, I’m a dope girl

I don’t care, I don’t care at all
I’m OK, my place is still the same

It’s because I’m pretty
Baby I’m bad all day
It’s because I’m pretty
Sorry, I’m a dope girl

Ok now good, yes good
Ok now good, yes good
Ok now good, yes good
Ok now good, yes good

7 hours ago, glorified.ho said:

"Britney" (2001) is very much inspired by the "All for You" and some old Janet songs. Also some of the tour clothes and even her walking style in "Dream Within a Dream" reminds me of Janet's tour for that particular album. Check Janet's DVD Live in Hawaii if you have a chance. There couldn't been a better time for them to collab, they were both inspiring each other. @#Brunetteney

PS: Lonely/What's Like to Be Me remind me of this performance.

I remember back in 2001 when Britney was saying that the stage design was a mix of Janet's All For You's stage and NSYNC's Pop Odessy's stage.

18 hours ago, Richie said:

That's literally the only Ariana Grande song I like. It screams Britney from beginning to end.

Britney + Max Martin needs to happen ASAP :tifftear:

Other songs that I really like, that aren't necessarily Britney-ish but I wish they were hers, are Footprints by Sia, which is kinda like a Passenger sister. Other songs from that album that I wish were Britney's are Reaper, Broken Glass and House on Fire.

The thing with Sia is that I usually like her songs, but I can't stand her voice (or understand what she's singing most of the times). 

Archived