Question about "She'll never be me"

Riccus

Hi everyone! :hiii:

I wanted to ask you guys about "She'll never be me". I know its commonly referred as one of her unreleased tracks, but I am almost 100% sure that it was on one of her CDs back in the day (as a bonus track or single B-side, I can't remember). 

I googled it and also looked on the singles I have from the Britney era, but no luck..

Anyone knows about this?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember thinking it was unreleased, and then seeing it listed as a b-side somewhere. But I’ve never been able to find where, but I’m fairly confident it’s just unreleased 

Edit: a demo leaked in 2001, perhaps you’re remembering that version

2 hours ago, MmmDani said:

I remember thinking it was unreleased, and then seeing it listed as a b-side somewhere. But I’ve never been able to find where, but I’m fairly confident it’s just unreleased 

Edit: a demo leaked in 2001, perhaps you’re remembering that version

Yes! You are right, most probably mini me had downloaded the leaked track back then, so remembering the song from 2001/ 2002 made me think it was on a CD somewhere..

Thank u all for the replies :)

21 minutes ago, Irvine said:

It was on a early promo sampler of “Britney” album. That’s why we only had 1:30min version for years

This is correct, they released samples of all the songs before Britney came out except bombastic love and that's where you take me... she'll never be me was one of them.

28 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

It was allegedly supposed to be a b-side to "Overprotected", but they scrapped it.

Is that promo CD of the album the one with "Turn On The Night"?

There was never audio of that song on any official CD, but the lyrics were printed by mistake on the first print and surfaced online back in 2001

Archived