Vocal coach reacts to Everytime live in Miami

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, I really dislike this woman, she is always rude af and she calls it honesty. She only has, like, one or two videos of her singing, and they're pitchy af and very autotuney. This was not a too bad reaction, but in general, she's just super annoying.

I have this friend who is a tenor singer (he can sing some Mariah and Withney songs in their original tone)... some years ago he told me he really respected the live singing of Britney Everytime early performances (2004 mostly), not for technique but for the melancholy she put on it... 

17 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

She is really sweet. Song starts at 2:06

I've seen some videos of hers before but she could use some context beforehand like not knowing that she actually wrote the song or most importantly that the way she always sang it live differs from the album version cause that's how she originally arranged it before either Guy Sigsworth or Annette Stamatelatos rearranged it to sound like the version that made it onto the album so that inflection in the lyrics it's obviously intentional, just listen to the version that she sang in the ABC special where her voice wasn't so shaky just goes to show that's how she first came up with it

3 minutes ago, HarajukuGyal said:

just listen to the version that she sang in the ABC special where her voice wasn't so shaky just goes to show that's how she first came up with it

it's hard to have a shaky voice when it's the cd vocal track

All these vocal coach reacting to performances videos are cancerous so I'm not gonna watch that particular one but I just want to say that Britney really has a beautiful deep voice that her record company ruined with that nasal baby weak one. Her reputation as a live singer has been ruined permanently because she was forced to sing like this every time she performed live... You can always see how hard she is trying to emulate that weird voice and it mostly results in her losing control of her instrument and sometimes sounding like she can't sing... It's such a shame really. It's painful watching her sing Silent Night in 1999 and then comparing it with the 1996 version. And whenever she sings in her natural register nowadays, it's either unreleased or hidden behind those stupid Instagram filters. OK, now I'm mad. :nochillbrit: Sorry for such a wordy post.

• Content Curators

Lmao why are you guys getting mad at the vocal coach

the performance is bad cause she’s forcing that baby voice and if she sang naturally like the vocal coach said it would be better

yall didn’t even watch it and are hating 

she said when Britney let go and naturally sang it sounded beautiful 

As much as she struggles through this performance, I respect that she didn't just sit there and lip it the majority of the time during OHT. The verses are ok, but when the chorus kicks in she cannot find the correct breath control (or vocal technique) required to carry it off live.. I think it's a deceptively hard song to sing, even if it's not a vocal showcase.

1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Lmao why are you guys getting mad at the vocal coach

the performance is bad cause she’s forcing that baby voice and if she sang naturally like the vocal coach said it would be better

yall didn’t even watch it and are hating 

she said when Britney let go and naturally sang it sounded beautiful 

I totally disagree, and always will on the “natural voice” thing. She has a solid range. She has slightly better vocal control in the lower octaves, but not by much. She may not be the best when it comes to belting, but she can sing in a seductive whisper voice, hit high notes, have a powerful low soulful voice, and switch between them with minimal effort, she’s very diverse. Including what people consider to be her downfall, “the baby voice”. 

Saw this video the other day and, although I know **** about singing technique, this performance is 80% bad singing because, to me, it doesn’t sound good, it’s not pleasant. She may’ve put her soul into singing the song, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s terrible. 

Still better than lip-syncing tho

Archived