“Oops!... I Did It Again” 19th anniversary

Miss_R

OopsUBSingle_282329.jpg

“Oops!... I Did It Again" is a song American Britney Spears, from her second album of the same name. It was released on March 27, 2000. The song was written and produced by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub.

In the United States, "Oops!... I Did It Again" peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100. It topped the singles charts in both Australia and New Zealand and was certified platinum in the former country for reaching sales of 70,000 copies. It also peaked at number one on the UK Singles Chart, and was certified Platinum for exceeding sales of 600,000 copies. As of June 2015, the song has sold 476,000 copies in the country.

img616.jpg

Music video for "Oops!... I Did It Again" was directed by Nigel **** and was filmed in Universal City, California. It was choreographed by Tina Landon. During its production, Spears was struck in the head by a falling camera and began bleeding. She received four stitches and continued work after resting for four hours. 

At the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards, the music video for "Oops!... I Did It Again" was nominated for the Best Female Video, Best Dance Video, the Best Pop Video, and the Viewer's Choice. However, she lost in each of the four categories. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peaked at #9?? Lame. 

476,000 copies? Terribly too low, considering how popular she was at the time. 

Nominated 4 times, no win?? MTV is a joke and apparently always has been. 

Britney was such a huge artist, who was a force to be reckoned with. It's so upsetting she has never gotten credit for her undeinable work. Girl SHOULD have far more awards than she has. Britney has been snubbed far for than she should be. 

12 hours ago, Miss_R said:

Spears was struck in the head by a falling camera and began bleeding. She received four stitches and continued work after resting for four hours. 

I always wondered if the camera was rolling when the camera fell on her head.

Britney to whoever was responsible: :badthoughts:

Archived