Britney Covers Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long”

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Exhale. I wrote about Britney's cover of Otis Redding's “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long” last year. I wanted to re-share the article here in light of Britney's new Instagram video dancing to "(I Ca

Someone emailed me the snippet this morning, and when I replied they had already deleted the email address cause it bounced back. Mysteriousney

BRITNEY, LARRY, TEAM B, ALL OF YOU GUYS IF YOU READING THIS: WE WANT THIS KIND OF MUSIC SHOWCASING BRINTEY'S VOCALS FOR B10 

Posted Images

• Twitter Team
17 hours ago, HarajukuGyal said:

It's actually the studio track of the version she performed live which would mean the one you posted which was on the demo tape was a second mix while the version that ended up being on the album was yet a third different mix (:25)

WAIT, someone on here sent me that version ages ago and told me it was a very early demo. I didn’t realise it was on a CD. I have it on my iTunes but it’s low quality. The one in that video sounded better.

• Like 1

Christina also had a CD like that, but she had pre-recorded live vocals on it.

I hope that "Sometimes" leaks. Is it different from the SNEAK PREVIEW CASSETTE demo?

Did anyone ever buy the mid 1998 CD compilation that included Born To Make You Happy (a 3:31 version)??

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

Christina also had a CD like that, but she had pre-recorded live vocals on it.

I hope that "Sometimes" leaks. Is it different from the SNEAK PREVIEW CASSETTE demo?

Did anyone ever buy the mid 1998 CD compilation that included Born To Make You Happy (a 3:31 version)??

The Sneak Preview version was the one Isla. posted

If I remember correctly the 1998 Sunglass Hut CD version of Born to Make You Happy was just the radio edit that would end up being released on the single a year later which has a shorter outro without Britney's ad-libs

R-5897018-1405707529-2142.jpeg.jpg

R-5897018-1405707550-2189.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, HarajukuGyal said:

It's actually the studio track of the version she performed live which would mean the one you posted which was on the demo tape was a second mix while the version that ended up being on the album was yet a third different mix (:25)

Umm... why are we not mass tweeting this girl and asking her to leak the Mall Tour CD? I've been wanting a high quality rip of the original version of Sometimes since forever.

• Twitter Team
1 hour ago, HarajukuGyal said:

The Sneak Preview version was the one Isla. posted

If I remember correctly the 1998 Sunglass Hut CD version of Born to Make You Happy was just the radio edit that would end up being released on the single a year later which has a shorter outro without Britney's ad-libs

R-5897018-1405707529-2142.jpeg.jpg

R-5897018-1405707550-2189.jpeg.jpg

BOMT (album) was supposed to be released in December 1998? That's interesting. I wonder why it got pushed back.

• Twitter Team
1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Umm... why are we not mass tweeting this girl and asking her to leak the Mall Tour CD? I've been wanting a high quality rip of the original version of Sometimes since forever.

Lol those tweets are from 2016 though :mcorangu: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Lol those tweets are from 2016 though :mcorangu: 

I just noticed :wontcry: I want to cry.

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

BOMT (album) was supposed to be released in December 1998? That's interesting. I wonder why it got pushed back.

The BOMT album has a very interesting history. It was originally supposed to be released in the fall of 1998, but after the massive success of the song BOMT they pushed the album back several times so they could freshen it up a bit. Originally the album was titled "Britney Spears" and the artwork was completely different from the final one we got. Several songs were re-worked (Sometimes, Thinkin' About You). Where Are You Now was originally supposed to be on the album but it was replaced with I Will Be There, then Britney's team recycled it for the Oops! album. You Got It All and Deep In My Heart were supposed to be on the album but were taken off when the album was pushed back, You Got It All remained unreleased until it was released as a bonus track on the Oops! album and Deep In My Heart was an international bonus track. There are several other changes that occurred but I can't remember them off the top of my head right now.

• Like 6

I have a question. Why do people think that is her label stopping the rebellion release? Didn't they send a 5 track sampler including the song to some South American radios to test it? So they were thinking about releasing it at some point? Or maybe they changed the lyrics a la mona lisa... who knows.

• Twitter Team
18 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I just noticed :wontcry: I want to cry.

The BOMT album has a very interesting history. It was originally supposed to be released in the fall of 1998, but after the massive success of the song BOMT they pushed the album back several times so they could freshen it up a bit. Originally the album was titled "Britney Spears" and the artwork was completely different from the final one we got. Several songs were re-worked (Sometimes, Thinkin' About You). Where Are You Now was originally supposed to be on the album but it was replaced with I Will Be There, then Britney's team recycled it for the Oops! album. You Got It All and Deep In My Heart were supposed to be on the album but were taken off when the album was pushed back, You Got It All remained unreleased until it was released as a bonus track on the Oops! album and Deep In My Heart was an international bonus track. There are several other changes that occurred but I can't remember them off the top of my head right now.

Oh that's interesting, I thought BOMT being so successful would have wanted them to get the album out sooner rather than later but I guess they wanted more songs like that to be on the album. Yeah the album was supposed to be quite different originally, and some of the earlier songs Britney recorded for it were more R&B/soul sounding.

23 minutes ago, Mystic Womaney said:

Can you send the what’s almost fully? I’ve onlt heard the verse and bridge on repeat till it’s the length of a typical song and that’s alright but I want more 

I really think there's a full version. I mean the song has potential. 

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

so did we get anything at the end ? :heresthetea:

No. I’m honestly still waiting for “I Have Nothing.” The fact that someone actually bought the demo tape with that song and some other unreleased BOMT era songs really stresses me out. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Isla. said:

Oh that's interesting, I thought BOMT being so successful would have wanted them to get the album out sooner rather than later but I guess they wanted more songs like that to be on the album. Yeah the album was supposed to be quite different originally, and some of the earlier songs Britney recorded for it were more R&B/soul sounding.

The 90's was a different time. Nowadays you have artists releasing singles that hit the top 20, top 10, or sometimes even the number one spot the first week they're released. It wasn't like that when Britney first debuted. She released BOMT and it was a slow burn to the top of the charts, remember it didn't even hit number one until 4 months after it was released. So it makes sense that Britney's team would wait to release the album so could benefit from the traction that the song BOMT created. And it paid off because the album ended up hitting number one the first week it was released.

• Like 1
  • Twitter Team
On 3/29/2019 at 7:57 PM, Sacrifice said:

I really think there's a full version. I mean the song has potential. 

It's already been confirmed a full version of the song exists.

• Twitter Team
On 3/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, Sacrifice said:

I have a question. Why do people think that is her label stopping the rebellion release? Didn't they send a 5 track sampler including the song to some South American radios to test it? So they were thinking about releasing it at some point? Or maybe they changed the lyrics a la mona lisa... who knows.

Because the song didn't make the album in the end and is unreleased. No label is happy when unreleased material leaks. It's as simple as that.