Do you prefer today's Britney or Blackout Britney?

CharlieBlue8

Today Britney or Blackout Britney?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically neither, but if we mean in terms of confidence, definitely Blackout Brit. I'm not talking about the crazy or meltdowns... I mean the investment in her career, sound, and ability to still perform. Up until the end of Circus, Britney didn't lose her swagger or her dancing ability. She was still very capable. 

1 minute ago, nels64 said:

LOL Circus is STILL the worst she has ever danced. I can’t at y’all hating the present so much you look at the past with rose colored glasses. 

During Circus there was 0 choreo. She just walked around and she was out of it. During Femme Fatale there was choreo but she was stiff and “out of it”. 

Y’all really need to stop following Brit and take a break for a few years for some perspective. 

Nothing about Blackout was good besides the music. Britney was in a super dark place in her life and the only reason the music did well was because it was run by Jive and she was on every tabloid. 

That period of time was 104858030475 times messier and more low effort than today. 

I can’t at y’all saying Blackout Britney was betted. Y’all really are delusional. 

the guy in ur pic can if u seek amy

5 minutes ago, nels64 said:

LOL Circus is STILL the worst she has ever danced. I can’t at y’all hating the present so much you look at the past with rose colored glasses. 

During Circus there was 0 choreo. She just walked around and she was out of it. During Femme Fatale there was choreo but she was stiff and “out of it”. 

Y’all really need to stop following Brit and take a break for a few years for some perspective. 

Nothing about Blackout was good besides the music. Britney was in a super dark place in her life and the only reason the music did well was because it was run by Jive and she was on every tabloid. 

That period of time was 104858030475 times messier and more low effort than today. 

I can’t at y’all saying Blackout Britney was betted. Y’all really are delusional. 

The M&M tour was amazing tho :demi:. Original coreo and high quality wigney slayed :gtfo:. Pieces of Me, Flop Fatale, and Riccus could never :endit:

9 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Were we watching the same Circus performances? 

I mean, there's no comparison with the Britney then and the Britney now. Sure she had more movements recently, but I wouldn't call it 'better' choreo. The key element missing is SWAGGER. Britney doesn't sell it now like she used to. Though Circus wasn't technically difficult, it was still Britney: she smiled, she laughed, she moved with confidence, she was oozing sensuality, and she clearly felt her body. Britney of the recent memory looks like she's reading from a script or counting numbers in her head. She looks terrified and quite frankly, it's boring to watch her because her trademark smile just isn't there. Her face is not recognizable anymore. I prefer the Britney before her second breakdown.

9 hours ago, nels64 said:

THISSSS

7 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Girl time and place. I’ll be there too. This is wack. People on here really despise the present so much they forget how horrible the past was. I’m convinced that Britney can actually come out tomorrow being exactly who she was in 2003 and people would STILL be nostalgic and say currentney sucks. 

Even if she was a bad performer nowadays, which i really dont think it's the case, i can't take how ungrateful and selfish people can be, i rather have a Britney with bad make up, wrinkles and dancing bad with a healthy and happy life than the opposite any day.

I appreciate Blackout Britney more for her drive and passion, there were so many things going on in her life and she managed to channel it into this incredible cohesive record. She still had artistic flare in spite of all the dark **** and that is so admirable. You could tell she was invested in her music. Nothing to do with her dancing or anything else outside of that.

Today's Britney is more of a diluted version and less of a progression in her artistry. Period.

Archived