So far everyone from gp that I know and have listened slumber party...

JP9101

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same. I know the whole “all my friends like it” thing doesn’t usually mean much but I think this time it might. 

Every single person I play this song for loves it. They all genuinely bop to it. My friends husband was obsessed with it and he listens to Drake and Kendrick Lamar. My friend was also obsessed and she listens to Beyoncé and Ella Mai, and even her kids love it and they’re 4 and 5 yrs old. People where I work really like it, all the reactions online are positive, etc. 

I genuinely think SP could have been a decent sized hit for her (and a big one for someone like AG or Rihanna). It just needed a radio deal and a good amount of promo. I would even be OK had it been the first single if they had gotten a bigger feature like Rihanna or something. 

The video is flawless. 

It's one of my favorites from Glory... sans Tinashe. Would have been cool had they added another verse rather than replace Britney's.

The video wasn't very exciting to me, I imagined something more intimate for the vibe of the song, but an improvement nonetheless given MM was its predecessor. 

I will say this until I’m blue in the face - SLUMBER PARTY SHOULD HAVE STARTED THE GLORY ERA.

Instead of releasing Make Me (song only), they should have surprise dropped the Slumber Party music video as the first thing from this era.

- It’s ****.

- It’s actually a good song (in general) but is also a great way to introduce the overall mood of the album.

- It would have gotten people talking more than Make Me did. 

- It’s much more of a summer bop than Make Me.

If anything, I think Make Me should have been a third single. We know Britney doesn’t choose the single releases and all that, so this falls on the label. Promo performances of Slumber Party would have been more exciting than MM, IMO - and I love MM! I just think it was too lax of a song to introduce an entire era. 

32 minutes ago, CrackthatWhip said:

I will say this until I’m blue in the face - SLUMBER PARTY SHOULD HAVE STARTED THE GLORY ERA.

Instead of releasing Make Me (song only), they should have surprise dropped the Slumber Party music video as the first thing from this era.

- It’s ****.

- It’s actually a good song (in general) but is also a great way to introduce the overall mood of the album.

- It would have gotten people talking more than Make Me did. 

- It’s much more of a summer bop than Make Me.

If anything, I think Make Me should have been a third single. We know Britney doesn’t choose the single releases and all that, so this falls on the label. Promo performances of Slumber Party would have been more exciting than MM, IMO - and I love MM! I just think it was too lax of a song to introduce an entire era. 

She’s been choosing or fighting for all the first singles since BOMT. I think Oops is the only first single she didn’t care about. 

I've heard so many people from the GP say they like this song :o maybe I should play it to my friends. I feel like they'd like it! 

Slumber Party deserved better tbh, although I think it should have been saved as a single for later in the Glory campaign.

Yes Slumber Party is def one of the best hoe anthems. So addictive. Feels like something you listen to when high on coke and overtly ******** dance and kiss with a hot guy. And the MV is **** with full of eyecandy twinks. 

2 hours ago, nels64 said:

It wasn't promotion it was marketing 100%. Which yes is part of promotion. But I just hate people on here thinking that "oh she hates interviews, oh she doesn't do enough promo performances." She absolutely does. She does the same as Ariana Grande or Adele, or f**king Sia, Taylor, etc. In fact a lot of those artists do less. 

The disconnect is in marketing. Her team has no clue how to appeal to the current market and make her music heard. Because if the GP heard Glory, they would have 100% been there for it. 

Where did she promote it? Music no televised festival and the video came like 2 or 3 months  after make me, it had a great start, then the American music award happened (they didn’t do nothing), she promote the song in the residency ... really ? :heresthetea:

Archived